Rasul Couples Treatment???

It was fun once ;), I don't think we'd do it again though I can buy similar stuff and play at home.

The one thing they give you as a scalp massage oil would NOT come out of my hair - 25+ washing and it was still there took several days of swimming in salt water to get it all out.

Is there a list anywhere of ships that offer this? I was considering it with DH on our last cruise, but they didn't offer the treatment. However, we're on a bigger ship this next time.

PhinsAndGills,

Here is a link below that may answer your question!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/spa/html/view.do;jsessionid=0000_fJpA-obRImophG0NOI32bk:12hbiodf7?productId=100000002208060119&typeId=100000002236221744&level=3

I did keep a word document of the review that I did back in 2003 and this is the information that I wrote about our Rasul treatment:

This was the day that we had our rasul massage - it was a total riot and a great chance to just be silly and have fun. For those who haven't heard of it yet I will try to explain. There is an area that has a small shower off a dressing room that has a sauna area attached. The sauna is very typical although the seats on the sides and walls are a marble material. There are 5 different types of "muds" to use on the skin - first is a large salt crystal mixture, next an oatmeal/fiber mixture and the other 3 are a clay/mud mixture. The idea is to smear it all over each other - the first 2 exfoliates the skin - the second 3 are masks for the skin. We had a wonderful time laughing and being totally silly - it was very much like finger-painting in kindergarten in a very steamy room. After about 45 minutes it rains from ceiling vents and the mud is washed away. Then it is off to showers and trying different lotions finally getting dressed. It was great fun and there was no selling of products afterwards. Ken said his skin has never been so soft

Jan

Has anyone ever had this on any of the Freedom class ships? Based on the links that are RCCL's site, it's only offered on Oasis, Voyager and Radiance class ships, not Freedom or the other classes.

Our honeymoon cruise is in October on Freedom of the Seas and this was one thing we were looking forward to after talking to another couple who did it on our Mariner of the Seas cruise.

I did keep a word document of the review that I did back in 2003 and this is the information that I wrote about our Rasul treatment:

This was the day that we had our rasul massage - it was a total riot and a great chance to just be silly and have fun. For those who haven't heard of it yet I will try to explain. There is an area that has a small shower off a dressing room that has a sauna area attached. The sauna is very typical although the seats on the sides and walls are a marble material. There are 5 different types of "muds" to use on the skin - first is a large salt crystal mixture, next an oatmeal/fiber mixture and the other 3 are a clay/mud mixture. The idea is to smear it all over each other - the first 2 exfoliates the skin - the second 3 are masks for the skin. We had a wonderful time laughing and being totally silly - it was very much like finger-painting in kindergarten in a very steamy room. After about 45 minutes it rains from ceiling vents and the mud is washed away. Then it is off to showers and trying different lotions finally getting dressed. It was great fun and there was no selling of products afterwards. Ken said his skin has never been so soft

Jan

Hi Jan:

Thanks for the great review and the info! :)

I also tried this... It was in 2004 and I posted a review too, but sure it must be gone by now... Since it was so long ago, the treatment may be very different. We liked the idea of it but found it to be way too hot... My face was purple when I left. I had to drink many glasses of ice water and sit on the balcony in Alaska without a lot of clothes on.... We are still laughing about the experience now...as it was not romantic like planned...we were way to hot for romance....

• 2 weeks later...

WE did it a few years ago on the Mariner...........now I know its supposed to be all sexy and sensual,but like some of the others have said,we laughed ALOT......just try sitting on the marble benches and you are all oiled up........:D:D:D sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiideeeeeeeeeeee.........:p

• 1 month later...

We did this actually on a Disney ship. It is exactly the same thing as it sounds on RC. It was ok...just ok. My husband probably wouldn't like that I said that! ;)

It is very much a self-serve treatment meaning no professional doing the work. Man, I really am starting to dig myself a hole here.:o It was fun, for a bit, and then it was kinda icky. :Dlol Glad I did once though...

Definitely agree on the "slide all over thing" ;)

I guess I just prefer to have a professional massage. Just me.

Has anyone ever had this on any of the Freedom class ships? Based on the links that are RCCL's site, it's only offered on Oasis, Voyager and Radiance class ships, not Freedom or the other classes.

Our honeymoon cruise is in October on Freedom of the Seas and this was one thing we were looking forward to after talking to another couple who did it on our Mariner of the Seas cruise.

We've done Rasul on Voyager and also on Jewel. Voyager really had no place to sit to get undressed and dressed. They just had a shelf that held all the jars and towels and to leave your clothes. We're in our 50s and 60s, and my husband has a limp, so this was a problem for us. On Jewel, it was much nicer, and they had alcoves where you could sit to undress and leave your clothes. We'll never do Rasul again on Voyager.

Jewel was great! It's all self serve, and the sauna, dressing area and shower are all in the same chamber. You can lock the door to the outside hallway.

We've never been able to stay in the hot sauna the full 45 minutes.

• 6 months later...

My wife and I are going in March for our 20th anniversary and I'd really like to surprise her with this spa treatment.

On the Oasis, when your time is up, do the showers turn on above you or do you walk over to the showers?

Would you suggest not putting the oil in your hair as the other poster mentioned?

Is the price $95 per person or for the both of you?

Has anyone done this more than once, or is it more of a one time experience?

Would you say the men enjoy it more than the women, or is it about even?

Is the a noticeable feeling on your skin afterwards, such as softer ?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

We did this actually on a Disney ship. It is exactly the same thing as it sounds on RC. It was ok...just ok. My husband probably wouldn't like that I said that! ;).

When touring the spa on the Disney ship they told us we could even have three people in the rasul treatment at a time....my other half gave me a very dirty look when i started thinking about who to invite.... (sigh)

LOL

Would you say the men enjoy it more than the women, or is it about even?

Is the a noticeable feeling on your skin afterwards, such as softer ?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

In this case, I think you get out of it what you want to get out of it.

This husband enjoyed it very much on the Serenade. I brought my wife down some champagne before we went in and we had been drinking on deck all day... we were very loose when we went in and had a GREAT time. ;)

I'll say this, my wife and I are very comfortable with each other, comfortable in our bodies, and love rubbing on each others body and this was right up our alley. I've heard others who didn't enjoy it. If you aren't comfortable with that much intimacy, this might not be for you

Archived