How would I know if ship is delayed?

boop3

Lucky you! I'm jealous, I love the Gem. You can look at the ships web cam on NCL's site althought it's not always up to date. I would check with NCL, your TA (if you have one) or even the port of NYC. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise.

If you are concerned that the weather might delay the Gem's arrival into NYC, I'd advise that you keep checking the web cam today to see how rough the seas are. I know when we came north on the January 13th sailing we had very rough seas and high winds. We arrived in NYC on time. Also, if other problems develop that will delay the ship, check the NCL site and here for information.

As you will be travelling to NYC you'll probably still have to leave as planned so that you won't miss the ship, even if she is delayed a little getting back into port because of weather.

Nora, I'm slow at work today so I checked the NCL site. It doesn't address this directly under the FAQ's but they did list this:

What if I still have some questions?

Contact us at the following numbers: toll-free 1.800.327.7030; Miami 1.305.436.4000; or visit our "Contact Us" section from the home page.

I think I would call that first number. Someone has to have the answer for you there.

Cheers, Colin

Not so funny. Op is in Upstate NY and Steffen's attempt at humor' date=' as usual, falls flat and is sort of mean. :(

PE[/color']

I thought it was rather funny & true....especially since it happened to me once.

In June 2003, as the car service passed for the turn around to the ships in NYC, I kept saying, "where's the Dawn?" 'where's the ship?' "I don't see the ship."

Well it was 12 noon and there was no ship. I started to realize there weren't many passengers there. Turns out that a lot of people were advised by either NCL or their TA not to get there early. WE DID NOT GET A CALL!

Bad thing was nobody at the terminal would tell us what the hell was going on. No drink, no food. Very uncomfortable for so many hours.

long story short.....ship came in at 6PM, we boarded at 8PM and pulled out at 10PM. I could have left my house at 5 i/o 11. Talk about a long day.

Reason for lateness....sick child needed to be taken off the ship by helicopter and then they needed to pull over in VA for a sick employee. So they said.

Its such a relief when I see a ship docked and waiting for me. :D

Archived