Moderation in everything

Sauvignon

Is it just me, or have there an awful lot of moved threads recently?

It is rather like a meet and greet in 6 different lounges.

It's not you. All of a sudden, several threads have been moved. While I understand most of them there are a couple that I don't.

• Administrators

Hi, everyone!

We do seem to have had more threads than normal the last few days here on the Princess boards which related to non-Princess matters, such as ports of call questions, recent cruise news (non-Princess), and the like. When that happens, and time permits, we move the threads to the board where they fit best, as we continue to try to make Cruise Critic a place where it's easy to find great information about cruising. If the thread interests you, it's easy to find it by clicking on the link remaining here on the Princess boards.

I'd also like to remind everyone of the policy about removed posts/threads -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471634

Thanks!

Hi, everyone!

We do seem to have had more threads than normal the last few days here on the Princess boards which related to non-Princess matters, such as ports of call questions, recent cruise news (non-Princess), and the like. When that happens, and time permits, we move the threads to the board where they fit best, as we continue to try to make Cruise Critic a place where it's easy to find great information about cruising. If the thread interests you, it's easy to find it by clicking on the link remaining here on the Princess boards.

I'd also like to remind everyone of the policy about removed posts/threads -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471634

Thanks!

34 minutes... not bad :D

Hi, everyone!

Thanks!

Please move or shut down the dress code threads. They are getting close to the danger zone.

Thank You

Please move or shut down the dress code threads. They are getting close to the danger zone.

Thank You

as well, as the Smoking threads. They are pointless and people just attack each other. Of course, maybe this is therapy for Anger Management :D

Hi, everyone!

Thanks!

Thanks for your hard work! I personally appreciate that threads like ports of call ones are moved because it pushes down relevant threads that I want to read. (I get sick of seeing threads about the Caribbean when I ain't going there this year.) I think the Princess board is the best at keeping things tidy.

But when there's a thread with relevance to Princess, wouldn't it make sense to keep it open. That way, (with any luck), there won't be ten threads started about the same subject.

Last week, Host Sheila had an instructive thread in Ask a Question about posting in the right place. I suggested some sort of mini-tutorial that helps those new to CC figure out where to post and how to start a thread (how to properly title your thread).

Would be nice if the topics weren't moved so quickly--maybe give them 24 hours. Hard to respond or keep up with the subject with this movement.

It's not like they are objectionable subjects.

I think this is OK, only as I only have 15 minutes a day here so I do not have time to stroll through all the other pages/boards. Maybe 10-12 hours with an autotimer from the host to move them.

Once they hit the new moved board no one ever goes there or posted because people rarely go to the "news" board for example.

2 cents

Last week' date=' Host Sheila had an instructive thread in Ask a Question about posting in the right place. I suggested some sort of mini-tutorial that helps those new to CC figure out where to post and how to start a thread (how to properly title your thread).[/quote']

Or how about a thread on how to use the SEARCH FUNCTION?!

That would certainly cut down on all the octoposts.;)

Jim

Archived