Switching room occupants: check-in? or pursar?

mistyinca

I'm booked with my son in one room and dh is booked in another room with our other son. We had to book this way to use 2 future cruise certificates. When are we able to have that switched? Can we do that at check-in, or do we have to go to the pursar?

I'm booked with my son in one room and dh is booked in another room with our other son. We had to book this way to use 2 future cruise certificates. When are we able to have that switched? Can we do that at check-in, or do we have to go to the pursar?

When my youngest son was under 21 we had to book our cabins this way too. On one of the cruises they made the switch at check in and on the other they made us go to the Pursers desk to have it done. I think alot of it will depend on how busy check in is and if the person doing it is willing to take the time. You'll need appropriate room keys for the sail and sign portion anyway so that will require a trip to the Purser's desk too.

As far as Carnival not allowing the change they are very lax in this area as long as a parent is in a room near the cabin with the children in them.

I travel regularly with my teens.

When booking, I put one adult in each room to satisfy Carnival regulations.

Once on the ship (at the Pursers desk), I switch a teen back to the 2nd room and move the adult to my room.

Carnival has had no problem with this so far. It was actually suggested to me by a Carnival booking agent.

I have also been told by Carnival that if the "teen" room is either straight across or right beside the parents room, they can make an exception to the age rule.

I hope this answers your question.

Happy Sailing!! :)

The switch is made at Guest Services after boarding. All persons involved must be present. EM

This has been our experience also. As parents, we just asked for an extra key for the DS's cabin. No problem.

Once on the ship (at the Pursers desk), I switch a teen back to the 2nd room and move the adult to my room.

Carnival has had no problem with this so far. It was actually suggested to me by a Carnival booking agent.

I have also been told by Carnival that if the "teen" room is either straight across or right beside the parents room, they can make an exception to the age rule.

YEP..........i do it every year....have no problems

The switch is made at Guest Services after boarding. All persons involved must be present. EM

It's easier to get a room key than to switch rooms.

The purser had to confirm that the DD's were near us when we officially switshed rooms.

There was also a 'mix-up' with the S&S account as it was shown on the TV, but the numbers were correct.

We have been told same, although it is easier on upcoming cruise cuz we have two adjoining cabins for family of 5. I was told that we can just re-arranged ourselves when we get aboard and no one will care.

I believe that regardless of certificates, if the cruiser is under a certain age, Carnival requires them to be in a room with an adult. Don't think they will allow you to switch if that was the case.

negative.

I do want to make a clarification on the "rules" here.

Carnival DOES NOT require teens to be booked with a parent. We've always booked them in their own room across the hall from us. My understanding is that they are allowed within (I think it is) up to 3 rooms away from their parents.

This is only due to purchasing a future cruise certificate in my name and one in my husband's name.

I believe that regardless of certificates, if the cruiser is under a certain age, Carnival requires them to be in a room with an adult. Don't think they will allow you to switch if that was the case.

This is not true. We have booked our sons in their own cabin with no problem.

As long as adults are booked onboard with underaged folks, that's all they care about....they simply don't want parents booking kids ALONE on a cruise....they do NOT care who sleeps where or with whom!

There are some families with too many children to put 1 adult in each room, and they book with no problem.....adults can have their own room, as can kids.

Archived