No More Chocolates?

John&John

Yeah, I never cared for the taste of the Carnival chocolates, but my daughter always beamed like she was a princess when she saw them waiting for us. I love Andes, but Princess Picky hates mints. She prefers cookies:

109cccookie-1.jpg

Picky eating is a failure on the parent's part. You should make her sit down and not eat anything until she eats those mints. Even if it means starving her until she finally breaks down and eats the mint out of shear desperation. ;)

(I'm like a thread hijack machine today. I'd apologize if I wasn't so amused by myself.)

(And the cookies are good too.)

Just back from the Valor on Sunday and sorry to say, no chocolates on your pillow!! We did get the ship's pins though. Also no captain's party with free drinks just reduced price drinks. There was a farewell party on the last night with free drinks. It was not well publicized and held in the smaller theater. There was just a listing in the paper but no announcement for it.

My kids like the chocolates, but our steward has always been fabulous about leaving them cookies, I hope our upcoming Tirumph cruise provides us with a steward so attentive to my kids. Chocolates or not, the little extras and attention to detail make all the difference!

Just back from the Valor on Sunday and sorry to say, no chocolates on your pillow!! We did get the ship's pins though. Also no captain's party with free drinks just reduced price drinks. There was a farewell party on the last night with free drinks. It was not well publicized and held in the smaller theater. There was just a listing in the paper but no announcement for it.

You got the pins, are you Platinum?

People over on the NCL board have been complaining about this for the last few months. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. Chocolate and toothpaste don't mix to well, and it's not like food on the ship is sparse. If it keeps the cruise prices down, I'm for it!

LOL!

That would have been exactly what I was going to post...almost word for word BUT I wouldn't have thought about the toothpaste!! LOL

Very true. :D

Picky eating is a failure on the parent's part. You should make her sit down and not eat anything until she eats those mints. Even if it means starving her until she finally breaks down and eats the mint out of shear desperation. ;)

(I'm like a thread hijack machine today. I'd apologize if I wasn't so amused by myself.)

(And the cookies are good too.)

Ha! Yeah, I often wondered if I coated her meals in chocolate and/or peanut butter if she would join the clean plate club, but the thought of chocolate covered greens and peanut butter covered chicken triggers MY gag reflex.

Ha! Yeah, I often wondered if I coated her meals in chocolate and/or peanut butter if she would join the clean plate club, but the thought of chocolate covered greens and peanut butter covered chicken triggers MY gag reflex.

Peanut butter chicken isn't bad. A lot of Thai food has a peanut base, which is similar. Chocolate covered greens is just *nasty*.

I was reading over some of the Freedom reviews and a few different reviews commented that the chocolates left on your bed during turn down service were discontinued.

We had chocolates on the Glory 10 days ago.

Anyone know?:confused:

I sailed the Pride Feb 28th until Mar 7th and we had chocolates on our beds!!!

Yeah, I never cared for the taste of the Carnival chocolates, but my daughter always beamed like she was a princess when she saw them waiting for us. I love Andes, but Princess Picky hates mints. She prefers cookies:

109cccookie-1.jpg

That's so cute! Do they always do that for the kids? My son is gonna be ecstatic.

That's so cute! Do they always do that for the kids? My son is gonna be ecstatic.

As far as I know, they always do that. Just show up to the CC registration the day you embark. If you bring your son to the registration, they'll give him a little gift then too. (My daughter got a Carnival Rubix cube.)

The card read something like "Welcome aboard and thank you for registering with us. We're glad to have met you and look forward to having you join us."

My daughter felt so special to have a cookie waiting for her on her bed when we got back to our cabin the first night. :)

We had them every night last week on the Dream, I think i ate 2....just as soon as they stop them and save the money..They were cutting back on staff, a lot less people working in the buffet...I ate one morning at 7:00 and my tray was still there when I came thru at 8:30.......Dennis

No biggie. On our last Freedom cruise, we stopped eating the chocolates after day 3. At the end of the cruise, we had a tower of them on one of the night tables.

I bet there are others like us, that don't always eat them.

CeleBrat

We got them for both of our kids most nights -- they also get to color t shirts they can keep and backpacks at camp carnival, so make sure to highlight when they do that on your capers. my kids still wear theirs!

Archived