Labadee Cabana's

Hap

So, everyone, I am still not sold on Labadee. What if you want more than just a relaxing day at the beach? I always have a very athletic crew with me, the zip line might work, my teenagers do a monster zip line every year at camp and its kind of "same old same old" with them but what else is there to do really? I cannot rent a cabana, not "sweet" enough, so is there anywhere on the Island where there is shade to park for a while and do other things?

So, everyone, I am still not sold on Labadee. What if you want more than just a relaxing day at the beach? I always have a very athletic crew with me, the zip line might work, my teenagers do a monster zip line every year at camp and its kind of "same old same old" with them but what else is there to do really? I cannot rent a cabana, not "sweet" enough, so is there anywhere on the Island where there is shade to park for a while and do other things?

We have an active/athletic group of kids with us as well and we aren't doing the zipline either. I feel the charge is too high for the one ride (even though it is the longest line over water) and there's some decent waiting around for just 1 run down the line. Since your kids zipline every summer, they may feel that this line is lame (I mean, they are teens, right?)

We've been to Labadee before and we've kept busy walking around the island, snorkeling (we bring our own equipment), playing volleyball and going on the water toys. Between those activities, swimming, and eating lunch, we have felt busy and actually didn't have much time to just hang out and read. If they get bored, it's easy to get back on the ship since there is now a dock.

Not sure of your itinerary, but Labadee is our first stop and we'll be very busy at the other ports so we're looking forward to the low-key, unstructured fun that Labadee can provide.

We have an active/athletic group of kids with us as well and we aren't doing the zipline either. I feel the charge is too high for the one ride (even though it is the longest line over water) and there's some decent waiting around for just 1 run down the line. Since your kids zipline every summer, they may feel that this line is lame (I mean, they are teens, right?)

We've been to Labadee before and we've kept busy walking around the island, snorkeling (we bring our own equipment), playing volleyball and going on the water toys. Between those activities, swimming, and eating lunch, we have felt busy and actually didn't have much time to just hang out and read. If they get bored, it's easy to get back on the ship since there is now a dock.

Not sure of your itinerary, but Labadee is our first stop and we'll be very busy at the other ports so we're looking forward to the low-key, unstructured fun that Labadee can provide.

Jet Skis are always exciting. Just be sure NOT to book a passenger. One person per jet!

I imagine they still have them there.

We were thinking of renting one for our parents, but what about the teens that are not in suites? They would not be able to visit???? Are they far from the beach that is used by everyone? Thanks!

We had a cabana when we were on the Indy in February and my parents (staying in an interior room across the hall from us) were able to join us. The booking cabin has to be GS+, but i think each cabana can accomodate up to 6 people.

What is inside the cabana? What does it come with?

Our cabana came with 2 cushioned lounge chairs (plus however many you needed to seat your party), couches enough to seat 5-6 adults inside the cabana, a personal attendant to get us everything we wanted/needed (more towels, drinks), a cooler filled with cold bottled water when we arrived, a special buffet lunch (steak tips, BBQ chix, salads, shrimp, grilled corn) with WAY better food than the rest of the ship was eating (burgers and dogs i think), rafts, scuba gear...prob more i'm not remembering. It was WELL worth the money for the day. we will def be doing it again on the Allure next Feb.

Also, the "guards" at the entrance to the beach were very strict on who could come on. They werent letting anyone in who wasnt supposed to be. We also had a golf cart meet us at the end of the dock to shuttle my mom over to the beach (she cant walk very far) but it is not a far walk. Maybe, 1/8 mile.

I can post pics tonight if you like. Also, our cabana was S9, i think, based on that map above. We were on the sand, under a nice shady tree, about 30 feet to the waters edge. Perfect.

We had a cabana when we were on the Indy in February and my parents (staying in an interior room across the hall from us) were able to join us. The booking cabin has to be GS+, but i think each cabana can accomodate up to 6 people.

Our cabana came with 2 cushioned lounge chairs (plus however many you needed to seat your party), couches enough to seat 5-6 adults inside the cabana, a personal attendant to get us everything we wanted/needed (more towels, drinks), a cooler filled with cold bottled water when we arrived, a special buffet lunch (steak tips, BBQ chix, salads, shrimp, grilled corn) with WAY better food than the rest of the ship was eating (burgers and dogs i think), rafts, scuba gear...prob more i'm not remembering. It was WELL worth the money for the day. we will def be doing it again on the Allure next Feb.

Also, the "guards" at the entrance to the beach were very strict on who could come on. They werent letting anyone in who wasnt supposed to be. We also had a golf cart meet us at the end of the dock to shuttle my mom over to the beach (she cant walk very far) but it is not a far walk. Maybe, 1/8 mile.

I can post pics tonight if you like. Also, our cabana was S9, i think, based on that map above. We were on the sand, under a nice shady tree, about 30 feet to the waters edge. Perfect.

Looking forward to seeing you pics. We will be there in November and I am so excited about the cabanas.

• 3 weeks later...
This should clear things up. Sorry its a little fuzzy, best I could do.

barefootbeachclubcabanas-001.jpg

SoCal, or anyone else that might know where I can find this map...would you please tell me where I could find this map, or e-mail it to me at leasegirl@hotmail.com. It is the best map I have seen for the cabanas, I just need to see it more clearly.

Thanks!

HI, If you rent it being in the GS, you are allowed six people total if memory serves me right. You would give the names of the six people.

When you enter the gate they check off your names and give you a bracelet. We rented a "beach cabana" it was right on the beach! The standard ones are set back from the beach (closer to the food, less privacy) and the hill top cabanas are up higher in the trees, we could see them from ours. They would be more private but you would have a longer walk to the beach and food. As shown in the picture they also have cabanas that are right over the water!!! Hope this helps!!

HI, If you rent it being in the GS, you are allowed six people total if memory serves me right. You would give the names of the six people.

When you enter the gate they check off your names and give you a bracelet. We rented a "beach cabana" it was right on the beach! The standard ones are set back from the beach (closer to the food, less privacy) and the hill top cabanas are up higher in the trees, we could see them from ours. They would be more private but you would have a longer walk to the beach and food. As shown in the picture they also have cabanas that are right over the water!!! Hope this helps!!

Thanks for the information. I've been trying to get this question answered for awhile. :cool:

Pat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those who have reserved cabanas, which one did you have and what were the pros and cons of it. I was thinking about one of the over-water ones, but would like some reviews and comments.

Also, did you tip the cabana attendent and if so, about how much.

For those who have reserved cabanas, which one did you have and what were the pros and cons of it. I was thinking about one of the over-water ones, but would like some reviews and comments.

Also, did you tip the cabana attendant and if so, about how much.

We had one of the over the water cabana's, W3. We loved it. Pros is you are right there on the water. Con is you are a little ways from the bathrooms. We would love to have this cabana again when we go the next time. Yes we did tip the attendents I think we tipped them each $20.00. They were wonderful.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Also, did you tip the cabana attendent and if so, about how much.

Just back and we had S4, because we wanted shade. After being in the water/sun it was really nice to go back to a shaded cabana. We had a clear view to the water, and were probably about 40' or 50' from the water. And, if you need to go anywhere, like shopping or to see other sights, just have your attendant call for a limo (like a seven person golf cart), and you only have to walk to the entrance.

Archived