What do kids wear in the dining room?

mh1973

I can honestly say that I've never paid attention to what other's kids were wearing in the dining room, but when we took our girls on the Destiny last Feb, they (6 and 3 at the time) wore cute dresses (casual sundresses, except for formal night) each night.

They LOVED dressing for dinner and making such a fuss. For our family, it's part of the fun. My husband and I "dressed up" as well (I wore skirts and hubby wore nice pants and collared shirts).

Some of the best pictures we have as a family were before dinner each night. Especially formal night!!

Our children have always dressed for dinner- no shorts.

I figure it's only for the week and it won't kill them.

Collared shirts and pants- khaki's for the boys and

sun dresses- or dressy pant and tops for the girls.

Makes for nice photos, also

My 10 year old daughter is a tomboy to the extreme. (For instance, when she was 3, a friend went to Mexico and came back with a beautifully embroidered dress for her - when DD saw it, she ran screaming from the room.)

She wears solid capris and t-shirts with sandals in the dining room. She only eats there the first and last night - all the others are with Camp Carnival.

I have a 12 year old son and 10 year old daughter. What do kids wear in the dining room? Can they wear shorts or do they have to wear pants?

There really is no code as they don't enforce one,it is suggested.This is the Walmart:) of the seas cruiseline so don't expect much despite what others want you to believe.They even eliminated Formal nights as no one wanted to dress anymore.Most of the people who want you to follow the rules,break them,themselves by smuggling booze,arriving to the port before the suggested time,booking flights before the suggested time,ect.The kids will be fine in shorts all nights.

Steve

Welcome to Walmart:)

I have a 12 year old son and 10 year old daughter. What do kids wear in the dining room? Can they wear shorts or do they have to wear pants?

My DDs are 7 and 5, and I will have them wear sundresses to dinner. They are not big "capri" girls, so sundresses are a great option.

My kids (DD-13 & DS-15) wear nice long shorts, nice shirts (collared for DS), and sandals (DD)/new tennis shoes(DS) on non-cruise elegant nights and DD likes to dress up on cruise elegant night and wear a cocktail type dress, while DS will wear dress pants, dress shirt, and dress shoes.

This year my kids are 15, 13 & 11. Their first cruise, they were 9, 7 & 5. This is their eighth cruise, and they have never worn shorts to the MDR---even on embarkation day.

Our family code is "Sunday dress" for casual nights, and "Easter dress" for the elegant nights. You can probably guess what that includes.

My DS (10) wears khakis and short sleeved polos most nights. Formal nights he wears dress pants and jacket.

My DD (12) wears sundresses or capris most nights. Formal nights she'll wear something fancier.

I wouldn't feel right sending them into the MDR in shorts.

Steve

Welcome to Walmart:)

You'll probably recognize a few of these people in the MDR :eek::eek::D

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

With that being said, I'm on vacation, I'll have dress shorts and collared shirts

on every night, just as I would if I was on a beach vaca.

On elegant night, we are planning to hangout by the pool and have pizza & burgers.....

A chillaxin type of week here....

Our family code is "Sunday dress" for casual nights, and "Easter dress" for the elegant nights. You can probably guess what that includes.

I agree. My kids will be 3 and 5 on our next cruise and we will dress them as if they are going to church. If they choose to eat with Camp Carnival, then they will have on a cute oufit. My girls love to dress up. They look forward to their "matching dresses".

This year my kids are 15, 13 & 11. Their first cruise, they were 9, 7 & 5. This is their eighth cruise, and they have never worn shorts to the MDR---even on embarkation day.

can you adopt me??? j/k ;)

can you adopt me??? j/k ;)

LOL! It's my parents that everybody wants to adopt them!!! Many of our cruise experiences have been extended family travelling courtesy of my fabulous, generous parents! Some years, it is ALL 27 OF US!!! :eek: And...we're from Jersey, honey, we are L-O-U-D!!

I received a flamin' on this cruise critic website about 6 years ago for asking if the MDR was "stuffy"...my son wears a tux and my daughter wears a really nice dress on formal nights. And, the good part is, they love it! They are now 21 and 19 years old...started cruising at 15 and 13. They look forward to the MDR experience.

Archived