The Importance of a Full Ice Bucket

Paul65

How important is a full ice bucket in your cabin?  

624 members have voted

1. 1. How important is a full ice bucket in your cabin?

• Not at all. Rarely or never use it.
    • Somewhat. Use occasionally.
    • Very. I always want/need to have ice available.

I see comments pretty regularly about keeping the ice bucket full being a main concern some folks have with their cabin stewards. I don't think I've ever used ice from an ice bucket in my cabin. Just curious what the results of one of these non-scientific poll threads on ice-buckets would be. Feel free to share any comments, as well. :)

For me it is nice having the ice bucket kept at least partially full. I drink a lot of water. The tap water seems to only come out of the faucet warm in the stateroom. Warm water taste funny. By adding a few ice cubes, the tap water tastes good.

I see comments pretty regularly about keeping the ice bucket full being a main concern some folks have with their cabin stewards. I don't think I've ever used ice from an ice bucket in my cabin. Just curious what the results of one of these non-scientific poll threads on ice-buckets would be. Feel free to share any comments, as well. :)

Simple. It's to keep our drinks, "whatever" they may be ;), cool at any time. We like to have a drink, (whether it's alcohol, water, soda, juice) cold, and since we do spend some significant time on our balcony, having a refilled ice bucket as soon as it's empty is very important to us. I hate coming back to the room and then having to chase somebody to fill the bucket or worse, calling room service. Let's face it, the fridge is not really a fridge. It's a cooler box that keeps items about 5-10 deg cooler than room temp at best. Also, when we have white wine we like it chilled.

We're not very demanding anywhere else on the ship so this is one "perk" we're very particular about. It means more $ for the room attendant if s/he follows our one simple "extra" request.

I'm very much with the 'very' crowd. It's the first (and usually' date=' only) request I have for our steward.:D[/quote']

Same here. Very few requests, but please keep me supplied with ice!

I'm very much with the 'very' crowd. It's the first (and usually' date=' only) request I have for our steward.:D[/quote']

I agree, usually I find the service on cruise ships everything I need and more but unfortunatly this was not the case on a resent cruise on Legend. It seemed to be too much trouble to have the ice bucket filled, along with alot of other things, and I was in a GS.:(

I make 2 requests of my room steward on the first day of the cruise. Remove all items from my fridge and I want the ice bucket full at all times of the day. I give 'em a twenty at this time and if my requests are fulfilled, another twenty at the end on top of the normal gratuity.

Same here. Very few requests, but please keep me supplied with ice!

+1

In fact one of the 1st questions both our room attendants asked last time on Ex was would you like ice once or twice a day.....:p Even if we really didn't need full service, we always needed ice (and empty the trash and change the towels...)

Interesting feedback, so far. I expected to be somewhat in the minority in saying that I couldn't care less if they didn't even put an ice bucket in my cabin, but I thought it would be more of a normal distribution, with the more people in the middle. But it seems that close to half have it as "very important."

I love having ice in the cabin at night or right after getting back from an excursion. It is wonderful to be able to relax in the cabin and not need to go anywhere to get ice. Is it a big deal to go to the WJ and get ice... no.... but it is great to have it already in the cabin.

I take a soft-sided six-pack cooler and ask the room steward to fill it with ice morning and evening. In the bottom of it is a 32 oz. rum runner with white wine in it. I, also, keep a supply of iced tea (a tea bag in a water bottle) that needs ice. I keep the cooler in the shower because it "sweats."

Tucker in Texas

Looks like I'm with the majority: I don't care about ice in my room.

Don't get me wrong -- I love good, fresh ice in my drink . . . but I don't like ice that's been sitting for an hour or so in an ice bucket. I don't use it. Instead, I'll walk to the buffet or the nearest bar for a drink with FRESH ice.

Simple. It's to keep our drinks, "whatever" they may be ;), cool at any time. We like to have a drink, (whether it's alcohol, water, soda, juice) cold, and since we do spend some significant time on our balcony, having a refilled ice bucket as soon as it's empty is very important to us. I hate coming back to the room and then having to chase somebody to fill the bucket or worse, calling room service. Let's face it, the fridge is not really a fridge. It's a cooler box that keeps items about 5-10 deg cooler than room temp at best. Also, when we have white wine we like it chilled.

We're not very demanding anywhere else on the ship so this is one "perk" we're very particular about. It means more $ for the room attendant if s/he follows our one simple "extra" request.

DITTO! We were very fortunate with our last cruise....March 7 VOS

OUR ROOM STEWARD.....ARMANDO...TOOK CARE OF EVERYTHING...

WISH WE COULD HAVE BROUGHT HIM HOME WITH US.

On one of our recent cruises (can't remember the ship--either the Voyager or Navagator) the "melted" ice in the ice bucket was a very valuable commodity. For some reason, only very hot water would come out of our taps unless we let the water running on cold for several minutes. We needed that "melted ice" to take our medications and for when we just wanted to drink a glass of water.

Tucker in Texas

Archived