Pretzel Roll Question

alwalaska

All this talk got me curious about these so I googled. For those who can't wait until their cruise: http://www.onefineday.info/2009/05/pretzel-rolls/ I might just have to surprise a certain family member who loves these even more than I do.

Thank you so much Mooder. I will certainly attempt this recipe. It sounds fairly simple. I can't wait to eat a couple. Yum.

Thank you so much Mooder. I will certainly attempt this recipe. It sounds fairly simple. I can't wait to eat a couple. Yum.

Good luck. Let me know how they turn out. I am going to try to do it this weekend. For anyone wanting the US conversions, the recipe is also on this site (just not as good a picture). http://dinnerwithjulie.com/2009/05/11/pretzel-rolls-soft-pretzels/

• 2 weeks later...
With a hot dog in the middle!

Besides being hysterical! that is a fantastic idea. The only thing I like at those shopping mall pretzel shops are the hot dog pretzels. YUM!!!

Came back to report that I tried making my own pretzel rolls this past weekend, and they came out great. I am eating one right now. But, geezle, I wish it had a hot dog in the middle! What seemed wonderful a minute ago, now seems somehow less. :(

I must say, although the pretzel rolls were good, the chocolate croissants were amazing. :D

Yes, yes, YES! As excited as others get about the pretzel rolls, that's how I am about the chocolate croissants. And, similarly, they can be hard to find and go quickly when available. The thing about them is they are small, almost bite-size, so the chocolate to pastry ratio is just right. Typically-sized croissants just don't have that proper ratio -- too much pastry for the amount of chocolate. Or is it too little chocolate for the amount of pastry? This may deserve its own thread! :D

I posted a picture of the pretzel rolls on my roll call and I was asked how you eat them. With butter, cream cheese, plain, as a sandwich???

Since I am new to NCL and was just sharing what I learned here on the main boards, I have to ask all of you. Inquiring minds want to know - what is the best way to eat a pretzel roll? :D

Dipped in nacho cheese.

We only went to the buffet to find more pretzel rolls. Well, and bananas to make our BBC's. ;) Just a tip on the bananas. If you like them, get them early. By the time we got to day 10, bananas were becoming VERY hard to find.

What is a BBC ??? )Besides the British news channel??

Archived