Pretzel Roll Question

alwalaska

I posted a picture of the pretzel rolls on my roll call and I was asked how you eat them. With butter, cream cheese, plain, as a sandwich???

Since I am new to NCL and was just sharing what I learned here on the main boards, I have to ask all of you. Inquiring minds want to know - what is the best way to eat a pretzel roll? :D

I posted a picture of the pretzel rolls on my roll call and I was asked how you eat them. With butter, cream cheese, plain, as a sandwich???

Since I am new to NCL and was just sharing what I learned here on the main boards, I have to ask all of you. Inquiring minds want to know - what is the best way to eat a pretzel roll? :D

I think some people even put mustard on them.

One of my roll call gals ate them by the dozen and she put butter on hers.

The folks on your roll call were probably asking how "you" ate them...;)

Plain, and a cold pretzel roll is great but a warm pretzel roll is heaven!!!!

I remember the Star's first season in Hawaii. They'd have them every day in the Bier Garten. They also served bratwurst with all the fixin's. Oh my, I loved that place... nothing better than bratwurst, pretzel rolls and a good, cold beer.

So far, plain or with butter. But I am anxious to try every other possibility. I think cream cheese would be great!

I will be on the Jewel in a few weeks. where do you find these Pretzel Rools.

This is my 1st NCL Cruise and I dont wanna miss out on such a treat.

They're available in the buffet (Garden Cafe).

As John already told you, the Garden Cafe (buffet) is the place for them. Amongst the other breads, there is typically a bowl or basket full of the pretzel rolls. They are popular so if you can't find them, ask, or try again the next day.

45 days to pretzel rolls!!!!

I tried them for the first time last November. Incredible......any way you want them. I missed the first two days, looking for "pretzel rolls". They actually have another name. Now, I can't remember what they really are......so those who are looking to try for the first time, look for something that has big salt chunks on them. (maybe someone here can remember their actual name)

I enjoy them plain.

( I was just going to say 'with my mouth'....but thought better of it!)

I agree with breaking them open, not cutting.

If you're on the East Coast and have a Wegman's Grocery store in your area, they carry them in the bakery. ;)

Nice little treat to grab some, take home and microwave for a few seconds... then enjoy with eyes closed...awaiting the next cruise! :D

As John already told you, the Garden Cafe (buffet) is the place for them. Amongst the other breads, there is typically a bowl or basket full of the pretzel rolls. They are popular so if you can't find them, ask, or try again the next day.

45 days to pretzel rolls!!!!

This was the post from my roll call that prompted the question on my roll call. I borrow the picture from the food thread and added our countdown info. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23674238&postcount=216

I enjoy them plain.

( I was just going to say 'with my mouth'....but thought better of it!)

I agree with breaking them open, not cutting.

If you're on the East Coast and have a Wegman's Grocery store in your area, they carry them in the bakery. ;)

Nice little treat to grab some, take home and microwave for a few seconds... then enjoy with eyes closed...awaiting the next cruise! :D

Wow! Great tip! Now I am on a quest to find a Wegman's. :)

This was the post from my roll call that prompted the question on my roll call. I borrow the picture from the food thread and added our countdown info. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23674238&postcount=216

OMG I haven't cruised NCL since 2008 and I totally forgot about these pretzel rolls. They are GREAT. I have to wait to 2011 to have them again :eek: Now I am sad... :(

Archived