Sail Away - Balcony or Lido deck?

hartskys

DH and I will have a balcony in December aboard the Legend, but we'll be as high up top as we can get to watch as we sail under the bridge!

we had direct aft-so cool to watch sailaway from TPA. despite the bridge under construction & no marking lights, still glad we went to the bow to watch how very close u are sailing to the bridge...the pic isn't zoomed in

232323232%7Ffp63284%3Enu%3D343%3B%3E48%3A%3E4%3B%3B%3E252%3C48%3A5%3A%3C23%3Aot1lsi

I enjoy being on the Lido deck during the Sail Away Party. I love the music & the atmosphere of everyone happy to be starting their vacation. It's a happy fun time. Not to mention DODs are everywhere!

When we sail away from ports during the cruise we will usually spend that time relaxing on our balcony after a long exciting day.

We will be on the Freedom and it will be the first time we will have a balcony. :) We were wondering what would be the best being on our balcony for the sail way or on the Lido deck?

We always like the lido deck because there's music playing, people dancing and so much excitement in the air. I think it's equally nice to be on the balcony, but we prefer being out where all the action is.

DH and I will have a balcony in December aboard the Legend, but we'll be as high up top as we can get to watch as we sail under the bridge!

When we sailed the Legend, I dropped a suitcase on my big toe and cracked my polish. I ran up to the salon to get a new pedicure as soon as we got onboard. I missed the bridge by 5 minutes. :(

We will be on the Freedom and it will be the first time we will have a balcony. :) We were wondering what would be the best being on our balcony for the sail way or on the Lido deck?

My first cruise was with a balcony, and I was on it for the sailaway. It was glorious if cold. Sailed out of my home port, and it was fascinating to see everything from a different perspective-- loved waving to the folks at their docks while sitting on a chair :) Easy to slip back inside for a soda or a snack.

We will be on our aft wrap balcony, toasting each other and our much-deserved vacation with a glass of champagne. Actually, I may never leave that spot... :rolleyes:

Yea, what Rockportgirl said...We will be doing the same....

Cheers!

IMO there is nothing like being on the Lido with a gang of other excited, happy fellow cruisers watching the ship sailway as the locals wave goodbye from a distance. The calypso music is playing, the sun is shining bright, the drinks are pouring and all the cares of the world are melting away. For your first cruise I would highly recommend witnessing sailaway from the Lido.

Whatever you choose, just enjoy your trip and try not to worry about what's going to happen when you get back to the "real" world. Just concentrate on having fun and making memories. And, take lots of pics! :)

I completely agree. It is so much fun being on the Lido with drink in hand!! :D

Do you want the fun and excitement of being with others to celebrate?

Do you want the peacefullness of being with just your sailing partner(s)?

We have done it both ways and enjoy each for different reasons. On our next cruise we will be with over 100 of our newest "friends" who we met on our Roll Call.

Even though we have a Balcony for this cruise, I plan to be on the Lido Deck, drink in one hand and camera in the other. Our first cruise last year on the Valor, we missed Sailaway due to returning from Lifeboat drill.

Depends upon the port. When we had an aft wrap did not matter.

For some like florida ports nice leaving for cruise one side or the other does not matter to us.

Sailing down the Hudson we were up on top so we can see everything.

I like to be out on deck with fellow passengers for sail away. You can see all the happy passengers who have finally realized that they are on vacation and meet some wonderful people whom you will encounter all through the voyage.

Archived