Bermuda beach

donnysmom

Hi,

We'll be in Bermuda mid-June and would like to go to a beautiful beach that is not too crowded, but does have some facilities (rest rooms, snack bar, lounge chair rental, etc.)? \

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance...

Nextone,

That sounds great! Funny thing is I'll be on a cruise ship and those are just the people I want to get away from while I'm in Bermuda! My husband doesn't like to fly, that's why we're doing the cruise.

How far is Clearwater from King's Wharf?

To get to Clearwater Beach:

Assumption: You have already purchased a bus/ferry pass for unlimited usage for the number of days purchased for.

This is how I would go to Clearwater Beach from the Dockyard. Take the direct ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton, time 20-25 minutes. Walk from the ferry dock to the bus terminal, time 10 minutes uphill. At the bus terminal, board a route # 10 or 11 bus and ride to South Side Gate 1 for transfer point to #6 route bus, time 38 minutes. Take the # 6 bus to CB, time about 20 minutes. Times exclude all waiting time. Or you could take a taxi from Hamilton but this would be $$$$$:(.

SBtS

Nextone,

That sounds great! Funny thing is I'll be on a cruise ship and those are just the people I want to get away from while I'm in Bermuda! My husband doesn't like to fly, that's why we're doing the cruise.

How far is Clearwater from King's Wharf?

Yep, just think of all the other cruise people who want to get away from "all the other cruise people"....you'll all be together at Clearwater.:D:D:D

To get to Clearwater Beach:

Assumption: You have already purchased a bus/ferry pass for unlimited usage for the number of days purchased for.

This is how I would go to Clearwater Beach from the Dockyard. Take the direct ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton, time 20-25 minutes. Walk from the ferry dock to the bus terminal, time 10 minutes uphill. At the bus terminal, board a route # 10 or 11 bus and ride to South Side Gate 1 for transfer point to #6 route bus, time 38 minutes. Take the # 6 bus to CB, time about 20 minutes. Times exclude all waiting time. Or you could take a taxi from Hamilton but this would be $$$$$:(.

SBtS

But ... whilst the no. 6 bus runs every 30 mins, only alternate ones go via the beach ...

Clearwater and the adjacent Turtle Beach are beautiful and you will definitely feel away from the madding crowd, but it is a long haul from Dockyard - it is, in fact, exactly at the opposite end of the island; you couldn't pick a longer trip. If you look at the map below, it is beyond the far end of the main runway at the airport.

For a compromise on speed and price, you could consider taking the ferry from Dockyard to St Georges and getting a taxi over to Clearwater and back.

Thanks for all of your responses, but it seems Clearwater is just too long of a haul from the ship. We were thinking of Elbow Beach as an alternative to Horseshoe Bay. Any thoughts on this? Also, does anyone know if the Elbow Beach Hotel sells day passes, so one can use their facilities, as well as the beach?

Thanks for all of your responses, but it seems Clearwater is just too long of a haul from the ship. We were thinking of Elbow Beach as an alternative to Horseshoe Bay. Any thoughts on this? Also, does anyone know if the Elbow Beach Hotel sells day passes, so one can use their facilities, as well as the beach?

Elbow Beach has no public facilities (bathrooms, concessions, etc.). In the past, the Elbow Beach Hotel has not sold day passes.

• 3 weeks later...

In my humble opinion: If you're going to be docked at the Dockyards traveling to Clearwater Beach is too much of a hassle. My advice would be find a quiet spot along South Shore Park. Away from Horseshoe Bay Beach.

We personally don't care for Elbow Beach. Went there once and have no desire to return.

Archived