Good Friday And Easter

OC PAT

Does HAL accomdate with any religious services? We are Roman Cathlic and trying to figure out how we can attend Mass. We were wondering if there will be a priest on the ship. We return from our cruise on Easter morning. We will be on the Westerdam. I have E-Mailed our hotel for info. and haven't heard anything.. I believe we are at sea on Good Friday, so fasting will be easy but I would love to be able to attend mass on the ship. Anyone have any information? Thank you. OC PAT

Thank you for your quick response. I would love to attend a sunrise Mass on the ship. It would be a wonderful way to celebrate life and to give thanks for a wonderful vacation with my family The perfect end to our vacation.

Unless something unforseen happens HAL always has a priest aboard. Mass is celebrated daily; sometimes at 8:00 AM, and sometimes at 5:00 PM.

Once in a great while a miracle happens and there's a 9:00 AM Mass:confused:.

On longer cruises there is a Protestant Minister and services.

Unless something unforseen happens HAL always has a priest aboard. Mass is celebrated daily; sometimes at 8:00 AM, and sometimes at 5:00 PM.

Once in a great while a miracle happens and there's a 9:00 AM Mass:confused:.

On longer cruises there is a Protestant Minister and services.

Ruthc mentioned that on longer cruises there are usually Protestant Ministers instead of Catholic. Is a 10 day cruise considered a longer cruise or can I hopefully expect a Catholic priest for my mom since that was selling factor of A HAL Cruise to her.........

Tedc and heyabbott you guys almost made me wake up my dh while I read your responses. We always joke we gladly tithe to the church when we play bingo in the church hall. <we usually loose> He's still enjoying his morning slumber while I play on the computer.

Wait until I tell my sister's boys that they can go to mass every morning on their vacation at 8 am.

OC PAT

TedC:

In answer to your question. I suppose one would have to make a choice.

If it is a Sunday Mass, skip the bingo. If it is a daily Mass, and you love God more than Bingo, go to Mass. If you love Bingo more than God................There was once an Assistant Superior General of the Brothers of the Christian Schools. His name was Brother B. Thomas. He spent half of the year in Rome and the other half in the United States. The Brothers were taking him to the ship and they went by Yankee Stadium. One of the Brothers said "Brother Assistant, there is Yankee Stadium where the Yankees play ball" and the Assitant responded "Brother there is no baseball in heaven."

There is no Bingo in heaven either!

Himself

On longer cruises (don't know how long they have to be) there is a Protestant minister in addition to the ever present Priest.

If I understand you correctly you disembark on Easter Sunday? If so, there may not be time for a service - maybe Saturday night? Or maybe they do hold one - but suspect it might be before 8 on disembarkation day.

Hi,

HAL all ways has a Catholic priest on board (unless some out of their control happens). It is very nice for me to be able to go to daily mass while on board, as I do so on land.

We were on the Sun Princess this past Dec and there was no priest on board. This was a 10 day cruise with no mass. I did get to visit three churches on different islands.

So our next cruise will be on HAL, and one of the reasons why I pick HAL this time is because they have a priest and mass on board.

Geo

Wander-You are right, we are disembarking on Easter Sunday. We would be pleased with a Saturday evening Mass or earlier Sunday morning making it a true sunrise Mass. Since a Priest will be on board I feel confident he will find a way to celebrate Mass on this wonderful day! It also sounds like HAL is willing to accomdate us.

Himself-My dad died this past April and I can assure you he has started a baseball team in heaven. He's playing and coaching. We are taking this cruise because Easter was a special time for our family get-togethers. Grandpa provided baskets for all the grand kids and had a major Easter Egg Hunt in his yard for the grand kids and neighbors. I provided the traditional southern Maryland stuffed ham. I really appreicate your sense of humor.

Hi,

HAL all ways has a Catholic priest on board (unless some out of their control happens). It is very nice for me to be able to go to daily mass while on board, as I do so on land.

We were on the Sun Princess this past Dec and there was no priest on board. This was a 10 day cruise with no mass. I did get to visit three churches on different islands.

So our next cruise will be on HAL, and one of the reasons why I pick HAL this time is because they have a priest and mass on board.

I was on the Sun last month and while there was no priest onboard, the Captain did conduct a very nice interdenominational service each Sunday morning.

My feeling is that I am there to worship God. Whether that worship takes place in the form of an interdenominational service or a Catholic mass doesn't matter all that much. I think He is pleased that I take the time to think of him ... even while on vacation ... and I was glad the ship offered some form of group worship for these Sunday mornings.

But, I will say ... no one looks after the passengers' religious needs like HAL does. They generally have some type of service every day ... even on shorter sailings.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived