CC worth an upgrade over great location?

cpgrneyes

We're Celebrity Select so already get some perks. We can get great cabins in 1a or 2c, very similar, for a $30 per day difference. Other than one floor higher, are there any substantial upgrades? We have two tender ports,does that help?

We're Celebrity Select so already get some perks. We can get great cabins in 1a or 2c, very similar, for a $30 per day difference. Other than one floor higher, are there any substantial upgrades? We have two tender ports,does that help?

How Long is your cruise and is the $30 per person or for the both of you?

I would say book the best 1a or 2c and keep looking for a CC upgrade, on our next cruise the Cc cabins have come down to the same as a 2c so we grabbed one.

Take care.

Thanks. We're considering an Equinox cruise, and both cabins are on the forward part of the "hump" but with the 1A having the largest balcony. Just received a quote from a TA with $25 additional OBC for a CC cabin. The difference is $25 total per day.

As far as the additional cruise credit, H is select on Celebrity due to past RCCL cruises. On X, we'll have 4 credits sailing off, so even with the extra, we're aways from the next level.

Really doesn't seem to be much that is different in CC, except that the cabin is on the Sky Deck which is all CC or suites. Would the service be any different there? I doubt the hors d'oeuvres are worth $25 a day.

It says the CC cabins have "verandah with lounge seating." Is that different on a 1A? The bathrobes alone might make it worthwhile if there aren't any provided in the 1A's.

The additional $25 a day doesn't seem like a lot to be a little more pampered, I'm just not sure if there is truly ANY difference.

Okay, you're right. I'm overthinking all this!

Some other CC perks include pillowtop mattress, choice of pillows, nicer robes and towels, massaging showerhead, fresh fruit and fresh flowers brought daily, larger TV, more selections of breakfast room service menu. Robes are provided for all staterooms; the CC ones are apparently plusher. I believe "veranda with lounge seating" gets you a reclining lounge chair, as opposed to a standard chair. You can request cheese and crackers in place of the hors d'oeuvres. Service from your steward will likely be better, as the better ones are assigned to the higher classes.

I've not been in CC yet, but will be on our upcoming cruise. I have no direct experience, but I think it would be worth it.

Some other CC perks include pillowtop mattress, choice of pillows, nicer robes and towels, massaging showerhead, fresh fruit and fresh flowers brought daily, larger TV, more selections of breakfast room service menu. Robes are provided for all staterooms; the CC ones are apparently plusher. I believe "veranda with lounge seating" gets you a reclining lounge chair, as opposed to a standard chair. You can request cheese and crackers in place of the hors d'oeuvres. Service from your steward will likely be better, as the better ones are assigned to the higher classes.

I've not been in CC yet, but will be on our upcoming cruise. I have no direct experience, but I think it would be worth it.

There are a few other goodies, which may or may not mean anything to you. My husband really enjoyed having his shoes shined by our cabin steward; personalized stationary (a couple of sheets of paper with your name) we got leather holders for our cabin keys; don't know if they still do that. You get a nicer tote bag. Your cabin key is gold....very important. LOL

We did ask about the priority wait listing for shore trips and were told it really didn't mean anything. Duh!

Last time we were CC we had priority tendering, meaning we got to get off the boat faster in tender ports. Not sure if they still do this or if it's really a benefit. We got to wait in a nicer area of the ship, and I think we got off sooner than we would have otherwise...

Thanks. We're considering an Equinox cruise, and both cabins are on the forward part of the "hump" but with the 1A having the largest balcony. Just received a quote from a TA with $25 additional OBC for a CC cabin. The difference is $25 total per day.

The additional $25 a day doesn't seem like a lot to be a little more pampered, I'm just not sure if there is truly ANY difference.

Okay, you're right. I'm overthinking all this!

You're probably overthing this. :) I certainly would not pay $25/day for a CC cabin on the Equinox. They are the same size as the regular veranda cabins. You get bathrobes in all cabins, even inside cabins. Priority tendering isn't worth the paper it's written on on Celebrity, been there, done that.

Think of all the fun things you can do with that extra money.

The description I see on Celebrity says the TV is 32"...same as the TV's in

1A. :confused:

we got leather holders for our cabin keys; don't know if they still do that. You get a nicer tote bag. Your cabin key is gold....very important. LOL

We got Fleather (not leather) holders on the Century. I may just bring the old ones for the Equinox. I recently used them on my HAL cruise. :D

Oh, DH loves that GOLD card. We may need to upgrade, but if you had an over-sized balcony near the mid/aft elevators on Deck 9, would you upgrade to CC, even if the price were the same?

The above leads me to another question. If we are Diamond on RCCL, I know we will be temporary Elite on our Celebrity cruise. Does this also mean we are eligible for a one category upgrade? Anything else on the above Concierge Category list that we will be eligible for with Elite?

The above leads me to another question. If we are Diamond on RCCL, I know we will be temporary Elite on our Celebrity cruise. Does this also mean we are eligible for a one category upgrade? Anything else on the above Concierge Category list that we will be eligible for with Elite?

The one category upgrade only applies to inside cabins and oceanviews, not to balcony staterooms or suites.

That 32" sounds a whole lot better.:D Saw one in someones photos of the Equinox. They are pretty big looking in a small stateroom. They are certainly larger than the TV we recently had on HAL. That thing was tiny, and mounted in a corner over the dressing table.

Gonzo70 - I found out about the upgrade restrictions when searching Captain's Club/Elite benfits. Thanks!

CC is worth more than I saw shown here.

All the goodies are swell Maam like nice jar of rasberry jam.

The other benefit of a CC is your going to acquire Two Points with Captains Club from Celebrity, not a mere one. So yes double.

Having a higher floor ( Deck ) is not always the best.

What is above you? Below you too? Sometimes a pool , chairs moving... etc.. below the buffet...well wheels roll in the wee hours and your right below those too..

If the Ship Builders insulated the decks much more with sound deading that would help ..

But they now have been trying to save pennies and are pound and passenger comfort foolish..

The other benefit of a CC is your going to acquire Two Points with Captains Club from Celebrity, not a mere one. So yes double.

She's already mentioned that their Select status is due to their cruise credits on RCCL, they have 4 with X. So unless they're going to get their next six credits with X, it doesn't matter if they get one or two this cruise.

I believe "veranda with lounge seating" gets you a reclining lounge chair, as opposed to a standard chair. You can request cheese and crackers in place of the hors d'oeuvres. Service from your steward will likely be better, as the better ones are assigned to the higher classes.

The chairs on a standard verandah cabin are the same as those in CC. They do recline (and have a nice high back that I liked). The only difference is that you get a footstool with them in CC.

As regards service, it's hard to generalise and is luck of the draw. The best cabin steward I ever had was when I was in an inside cabin on Millennium.

The CC perks are nice, but they don't really turn me on that much. Cabin location is more important to me. The 1As have nice large balconies and depending upon where they are and how they compare to the CCs that are on offer I'd probably go for the 1A. Have a look at the sticky at the top of the board and there is one about cabins that people have stayed in which is useful.

Phil

Thanks, all. Decided to book the CC, as I was able to the an angled hump cabin (the largest balcony adjoining the hump) facing

Aft, so I think the location will be good, and I'm hooping to love the plusher robe!

There are a few other goodies, which may or may not mean anything to you. My husband really enjoyed having his shoes shined by our cabin steward; personalized stationary (a couple of sheets of paper with your name) we got leather holders for our cabin keys; don't know if they still do that. You get a nicer tote bag. Your cabin key is gold....very important. LOL

Don't you get free shoe shine in every category stateroom on Celebrity like you do on HAL and Azamara?

I sure wasn't aware of any free shoe shine in our Verandah category on our HAL cruises. :( I am sure had we been aware, my DH would have had his shined. Perhaps it's just for those with a certain number of Mariner stars???

Don't you get free shoe shine in every category stateroom on Celebrity like you do on HAL and Azamara?

The chairs on a standard verandah cabin are the same as those in CC. They do recline (and have a nice high back that I liked). The only difference is that you get a footstool with them in CC.

As regards service, it's hard to generalise and is luck of the draw. The best cabin steward I ever had was when I was in an inside cabin on Millennium.

The CC perks are nice, but they don't really turn me on that much. Cabin location is more important to me. The 1As have nice large balconies and depending upon where they are and how they compare to the CCs that are on offer I'd probably go for the 1A. Have a look at the sticky at the top of the board and there is one about cabins that people have stayed in which is useful.

Phil

Hi Phil, how are you?

I know that the CC cabins have regular height tables on the balcony; do the balcony cabins have this? Nothing compares to the aft balcony we had on the Connie. We had breakfast out a almost every day. It was a cc perk that we appreciated. For those considering and comparing, as mentioned the menu for breakfast was much more interesting. When breakfast arrived, the table was set with linen clothes and napkins, and flowers. It was much nicer than eating in our cabin with our meals on our laps because there was no high table. We find that room service gets us out faster on port days when we have plans.

Hi Carole:) I'm doing well. I hope you are too.

Yes the tables are the same on the S-Class in an ordinary verandah cabin and CC. Just that foot stool is extra in CC. I think the dressed table is still a CC perk that you don't get in a regular cabin. The wooden tables seem smaller than those plastic ones on the M-Class ships.

I am afraid I can't organise myself for breakfast on the balcony the night before because I'm never sure what I want to eat until morning and don't hang the card out, so more often than not I haven't had a properly set table when staying in CC. Give me a banana or strawberry smoothie and whatever I've decided to eat on a tray and I'm happy;)

Phil

Archived