Please forgive my "noob" status

ussenterprise

I have been on several cruises and am about to go on another, but I am new to these forums and have what most will probably consider a stupid question, but if you don't ask, you'll never know. What do "DH", "DW", and "DS" stand for? :confused:

DH = Designated Hitter ... no, wait, Dear Husband

DW = Dear Wife

DS = Dear Son

DD = Dear Daughter

;)

I have been on several cruises and am about to go on another, but I am new to these forums and have what most will probably consider a stupid question, but if you don't ask, you'll never know. What do "DH", "DW", and "DS" stand for? :confused:

I know the "head" and the "wad" ones. "DS" not so much. ;-)

Not quite sure why we can't just say husband or daughter, lol.. chat speak is always stange to me though but maybe that's because I type as fast as I write *shrugs*

I shrug with you, Immortal.:D

Acronyms were developed for those who can't type fast (as in hunt'n'peck) and for those that can't spell. :rolleyes:

Be happy you're in the minority.:) ROFLMAOPIMP

Yeah, but no one knows how to spell anymore either. And then there's the grammar issue.

Best to keep the abbreviations. Because if an adult on these boards doesn't know the difference between your and you're, I'd rather see the tongue-in-cheek "ur."

(And don't even get me started on the phrase "should of." I could make a full time job out of correcting people on this one!)

Whatsa noob?

Archived