Has anyone ever had a Rum Runner confiscated?

File13

Question: If the rum runners are detected and confiscated, I assume they are discarded and not returned since they would be considered an open container?

That is what the various reports claim. Same for doctored water bottles, mouthwash bottles, etc.

Question: If the rum runners are detected and confiscated, I assume they are discarded and not returned since they would be considered an open container?

Comments?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. That would also apply to any wine bottles they detect have been tampered with.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a Rum Runner detected and taken!:cool:

Plan on taking some on in my pockets and in my shaving kit.

Last month on the Liberty DH bought some rum in St Thomas. He filled two of the smaller rum runners and put one each in his pocket. There was quite a bit left over so he put that in a water bottle. They asked him what was in his pocket. He reached into one pocket and gave it to them. The other made it through. The water bottle, which was in a mesh back pack also made it through. He did not get the rum runner back.

They actually made me take off my hat in one of the ports when I got back onboard. :eek: I'm sure they were wishing they hadn't.LOL

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a Rum Runner detected and taken!:cool:

Plan on taking some on in my pockets and in my shaving kit.

I'd skip the pockets idea if you are flying. If TSA detects or pats you down they will make your life miserable. :)

I am leaving tomorrow on the Legend, I have a 1.75 of bourbon(plastic bottle) in my baggage, it's always worked before, but JUST IN CASE we also ordered from BV;)

27:30 to go:cool:

Our group of 4 had 3 suitcases with rum runners in them. 2 of the 3 made it through, the 3rd suitcase had a note stating the "contraband" had been taken and would not be returned. I think it had to do with the way they were packed. The 2 suitcases that made it through had the rum runners wrapped in either clothes or old towels and at the bottom of the bag in-between the metal bars. The 3rd suitcase's rum runners were just thrown in the bag in the middle...

Our group of 4 had 3 suitcases with rum runners in them. 2 of the 3 made it through, the 3rd suitcase had a note stating the "contraband" had been taken and would not be returned. I think it had to do with the way they were packed. The 2 suitcases that made it through had the rum runners wrapped in either clothes or old towels and at the bottom of the bag in-between the metal bars. The 3rd suitcase's rum runners were just thrown in the bag in the middle...

So, you left from Miami right? I've been hearing this port is a lot tougher. I boughts some rum runners, and I will definitely wrap them up and put them towards the bottom. I was wondering how strict you all think Tampa is?

What actually happens if they find that you have the rum runners in your luggage?

While reading through my cruise contract it mentioned something about you can be denied boarding, etc if you have any alcohol brought on illegaly.

carnival is easier to get onboard than rcl in my opinion.

Al here,

That may change given the recent crack-down reported by recent cruise reports.

So, Carry on seems to be preferred method.

What about Box Wine? -the bladders removed and pack as rum runners.

Any one try this?

Thanks much!

Al

Al here,

That may change given the recent crack-down reported by recent cruise reports.

So, Carry on seems to be preferred method.

What about Box Wine? -the bladders removed and pack as rum runners.

Any one try this?

Thanks much!

Al

We just took a box of wine on the Fascination. Left it in the original box in the checked luggage. No problem.

We just took a box of wine on the Fascination. Left it in the original box in the checked luggage. No problem.

Was just on the Splendor and the boxed wine was being found and taken. So were many bottles of liquor.

My rum runners made it through, packed in one of the pocket of my luggage. They did go through my bag because I had a left a bottle of water in there. Totally, overlooked/didn't see the rum runners.

So, you left from Miami right? I've been hearing this port is a lot tougher. I boughts some rum runners, and I will definitely wrap them up and put them towards the bottom. I was wondering how strict you all think Tampa is?

Yes, we left from Miami. I think as long as you wrap them up and put them between the bars on the bottom you'll be fine. And yeah, I've heard Miami is the toughest. Good luck. :p

Archived