Am I Alone?

Gablin

I posted a thread in the Roll Calls for my South America cruise this coming November on the Veendam, but I'm the only person who has replied to it. There is a 28 day cruise in March of 2011 that has received 77 replies so far! I must have chosen the cruise that interests no other CCers.

Usually, the Roll Calls pick up interest in the last few months before a cruise, but I had hoped to find at least a few other people earlier...

I have the same problem with my 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. Thinking I've chosen the one cruise people don't have an interest in..I have one person and she has said she will check back in a couple of months..Other roll calls after mine have some interest...I don't know when they will pick up. This is ony my second cruise and my first roll call was active a year out but then that was a different cruise line..don't know what is going on..but I feel what your saying.

I hope your picks up..

I posted a thread in the Roll Calls for my South America cruise this coming November on the Veendam, but I'm the only person who has replied to it. There is a 28 day cruise in March of 2011 that has received 77 replies so far! I must have chosen the cruise that interests no other CCers.

Usually, the Roll Calls pick up interest in the last few months before a cruise, but I had hoped to find at least a few other people earlier...

Some cruises seem to take longer to get active. We are less than a month from our Alaska cruise and our Roll Call still isn't very active even though we at least have our Meet n Greet scheduled. But there's no sharing of ideas for tours or other Alaska info like some of the other Roll Calls.

So, it seems to vary. Be patient and people will eventually show up.

Be patient and people will eventually show up.

Sometimes people just don't join the roll call. My mom and I, my brothers and sisters-in-law, and my nephews went on a 7 day Alaska cruise. I checked into the roll call for that week in August 2009. There were about 3 people on the roll call for my week, and we never got together on board. For other weeks on the same ship, the Zuiderdam, there was lots of activity on the roll calls.

The roll call for my cruise was very active when it first started about a year ago. I only just found CC in January and joined in. It has slowed down quite a bit since then. Some people post a few times and then disappear.There are only 3 of us who are consistent with it. We are having a meet and greet even if it just us and our husbands and friends. Hang in there, keep checking back and as time goes on, I am sure you will see people start to join in.

My best wishes,

Debbie

that march one is mine. does seem to be a chatty group.

CC represents only a tiny fraction of actual cruisers. i've had a couple where there was never a response.

I started a roll call for our September 20 2010 Coastal and no one has responsed. I don't post much and I have only been on 1 HAL cruise, but I was looking for some feed back regarding the ship and cruise, granted it is no big deal of a cruise just 4 nights..but I was hoping!!!! I just figured it was due to the fact that I don't post much or sail HAL very much.

I know I can ask all the questions I want but sometimes I think you almost get better answers or suggestions from the other folks doing the same cruise. Plus it puts you in contact with others sharing your excitement!

So thanks for posting this..........I do feel better about the lack of interest in my post.

Mary

Maybe there only 25 people who sail HAL and they keep it a secret. I sure do see the same HAL regulars over and over again and that is great (although I have not seen the guy with the pictures and droll sense of humor in a while). When the ship sails the crowed decks are smoke and mirrors.

Seriously, there is some activity, discussions and info sharing on our July 26 roll call but nothing like the NCL Jewel roll call for our 03-38-2008 cruise.

We are looking forward to our first HAL cruise on the Noordam but sure would like more activity here.

I started the Roll Call for our June 20 sailing on the Statendam a long time ago. Even though I kept adding useful info for possible joiners, it has never gotten anywhere. We had one other member, but they decided not to go. Someone else joined but figured out that they were on the wrong one. There are a few active roll calls, but at least on the Alaska trips they all seem to be quiet. I had reserved extra spaces for some excursions (Harv and Marv and Island Wings) but had to let them go as there was never anyone on the Roll Call at all, much less people interested in doing the excursions.

I had hoped things would improve once final payments were in, but alas it has not been the case.

On the other hand, we are on the Roll Call for a March, 2011 sailing on Oceania, and the Roll Call is busy for this far out, and has a bunch of members. Go figure.

I actually posted on this topic on a different thread.

I had a great experience last year on CC coordinating excursions for our Baltic cruise on Princess. We met wonderful people and shared some great excursions. Also, had a fun Meet and Greet that I helped with.

This year, I hoped to have the same experience in sharing excursions for our W. Med. cruise on HAL. No response at all! I thought it had something to do with the itinerary, because there is alot of overlapping. The first segment of the cruise has lots of activity on their roll call. My segment is in the middle and our roll call is quiet (silent, actually).

I guess we will just plan on taking independent excursions on our own, but it would sure be nice to share the expense and the experience with others.

I enjoy co-ordinating independent excursions, CC Meet & Greet, etc..- and have always had a good response.

I am on a 20 day Med cruise this coming fall (10 day B2B) and the roll call is practically dead...of course it did not help that whoever started the post had the wrong date for the 2nd leg of the cruise (I e-mailed the host and he corrected it) --- hopefully more will join in --- so far am enjoying e-mailing with the one other couple who have posted.

Anyone on either the Sept 28th or October 8th Med. sailing of the Noordam - go to roll call!!!:D

We sail HAL out of San Diego for 10 nights and there were a total of 4 of us CC people. How sad!

On our Princess cruise to Hawaii in October last year we ended up with more than 90 pages of chit chat before the cruise. 4 posted messages after the cruise. How sad!

A lot has to do with the clientele that is attracted to a cruise. Once, into the Caribbean in February, almost all the CC people were from Canada or northern Minnesota or super-cold places. Good group and we did some excursions together. Again, when the cruise was over, no more postings.

Go figure!!

Jim

I was just moaning :o on another thread about the paucitiy of posters :p on my upcoming ms Ryndam Alaska roll call ... north- and south-bound leaving Vancouver on Mothers' Day ... two 7-day cruises. (OK, a bit of "advertising." ;) )

There are only a couple of more-than-once posters, and only one is interested in having a little meet 'n' greet on board.

Here's what I truly don't get: People who post on the roll call that they're on your sailing but then never come back. I understand that people have busy lives, some more, some less, but can anyone enlighten me about why people might do that?

I want to be someone who encourages those who might just be reading to actually come on and post. But in these instances I have to wonder . . . what was their point in posting and jumping off the roll call ship when they only just got on? :rolleyes:

Would love to hear your take (or if it even bothers you).

I hear ya ....I only have one person post on my roll call, and even then she said she'd come back in a couple of months..well the whole purpose of a roll call is perhaps to chit chat, get to know one another, share information..etc...I think it has something to do with the clientele @ Hal unless there is a particular group I have noticed that none of the roll calls are particularly active..not like say Princess or Carnival...I may be wrong and it will pick up closer to the time..but I'm loosing interest too now.

Archived