Cruise Confused!!!

CruiseShelly

First time I ever have had three cruises booked at the same time, and am occasionally experiencing Cruise Confusion!! And I am enjoying it!!! Which voyage has which cabin, has which dining venue, has which ports?!?! Feeling very blessed -- three cruises to look forward to and plan for. Anyone else experirncing Cruise Confusion?

and I take them one at a time as far as planning my day, and seasonal wardrobe. Just get a nice calendar to write notes in..and as you think of things, jot them in the space..Have only 6 left this year.:(.but wait.....next year will roll around sooon enuff :D

First time I ever have had three cruises booked at the same time, and am occasionally experiencing Cruise Confusion!! And I am enjoying it!!! Which voyage has which cabin, has which dining venue, has which ports?!?! Feeling very blessed -- three cruises to look forward to and plan for. Anyone else experirncing Cruise Confusion?

I am!!!! We are do 3 on 2 different lines. Have file folders to hold each cruise separately. When I say something to Hubby he just wants to know which cruise I'm talking about.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean. The first time I had three cruises booked I got so confused I didn't know what I was doing. I got used to it. Right now I have five booked---still confused.

The great part of having so many booked---besides all the nice cruises, that is---is that you never know how much you are spending on any given cruise. You have a final payment here, a deposit there, air here, there, and everywhere, shore excursions for more than one cruise. You lose track of which cost goes with which cruise, and just give up trying to know the cost. Ignorance can be bliss. :D

I have two cruises booked, am active on both roll calls. The cruises are on two different cruise lines so I'm on two different boards as well as port boards. I definitely have Cruise Confusion. It's a wonder I've only posted a message meant for another board once.

I know what you mean. The first time I had three cruises booked I got so confused I didn't know what I was doing. I got used to it. Right now I have five booked---still confused.

The great part of having so many booked---besides all the nice cruises, that is---is that you never know how much you are spending on any given cruise. You have a final payment here, a deposit there, air here, there, and everywhere, shore excursions for more than one cruise. You lose track of which cost goes with which cruise, and just give up trying to know the cost. Ignorance can be bliss. :D

Nope, I don't lose track of what's being spent on each cruise. I have different folders for them and on the computer I have different account programs showing the budget for each. That is the only way we can afford to cruise, knowing almost to the last tip how much it's costing and where the money is coming from.

I love the posts and am glad I am not the only one with Cruise Confusion. I am trying to focus on June's Alaska trip, but as Ruth C pointed out there are all sorts of arrangements and decisions to be made for the other cruises and varying stages of payment. If I get too old or feeble to keep it all staight I'll have to hire a PA to keep track of it for me! Ha!

... as Ruth C pointed out there are all sorts of arrangements and decisions to be made for the other cruises and varying stages of payment. If I get too old or feeble to keep it all staight I'll have to hire a PA to keep track of it for me! Ha!

Sometimes it's better not to know.

I wish I had that problem! I'd love to have Cruise Confusion but unfortunately that won't be happening for several years (if ever). But I, like some of the others who have posted, am just very grateful to be in the midst of planning for a wonderful 14 day cruisetour to Alaska this Summer.

Congrats on having "Confusion" and enjoy your trips!

I love the posts and am glad I am not the only one with Cruise Confusion. I am trying to focus on June's Alaska trip, but as Ruth C pointed out there are all sorts of arrangements and decisions to be made for the other cruises and varying stages of payment. If I get too old or feeble to keep it all staight I'll have to hire a PA to keep track of it for me! Ha!

Our Alaska cruise is in less than 3 weeks so that's my main focus.

However, the roll calls for our b2b cruises later in the year are very active and have been already booking independent trips so even though the b2b cruises are in Sept/Oct I've needed to be looking at those ports in order to decide whether to join some of my Roll Call groups on tours. It does get really confusing.

Although, my husband is amazed that I can remember which ship, what ports, how much left to pay off, etc.

We leave on our first cruise on HAL on Sunday May 2nd to Bermuda, then a trip to Boston (not a cruise) in July, Nov is Carnival to West. Carib., then Jan 2 (with a pretrip to Barcelona) NCL for Eastern Med.

I have color folders for these trips with all the info. Also have a packing list for the 'warm' trips and 'cold' trips. Call me anal ;).

Although, my husband is amazed that I can remember which ship, what ports, how much left to pay off, etc.

We leave on our first cruise on HAL on Sunday May 2nd to Bermuda, then a trip to Boston (not a cruise) in July, Nov is Carnival to West. Carib., then Jan 2 (with a pretrip to Barcelona) NCL for Eastern Med.

I have color folders for these trips with all the info. Also have a packing list for the 'warm' trips and 'cold' trips. Call me anal ;).

Well, I've never been accused of being anal but I have two folders, one for our imminent Alaska cruise and one for our 'long' cruise (3 b2bs) later in the year. I have two clothing lists on the computer, a packing list for Alaska and have started a packing list for our 'long' cruise.

I've got port notes in each folder, culled from internet and from guidebooks. I've got our invoices in appropriate folder.

On the computer I have a separate finance page for each with a breakdown of projected expenses.

I call it being prepared. :p

We generally take 2 cruises a year but do book out 1 1/2 years in advance. So we often have 3 cruises booked.

I set up a file for each, do an estimated budget for each. Then we shop for air, hotels etc., since we book independently. I keep notes and watch for the best deals.

On the outside of the file, I note the cabin, booking ref #, dates of cruise, and the itinerary so that I have all the info I need in doing additional planning. I post final payment dates on my regular calendar. I usually file booking info from a previous cruise with the same company, so it is easy for me to go into the cruise website and input information on the cruise personalizer.

I keep all papers given us by our TA for each cruise. This way I can easily check any changes that the TA sends to us.

I file info on ports, ideas for gifts I might like buy in ports etc.

Just made up my Alaska Cruise Book (which we do for all major trips whether they are cruises or land jaunts). It's 8-1/2" by 6"; has section tabs made out for air, hotels, car, cruise, excursions, etc; an envelope in the back for tip money and tags and reciepts; a summary page on back cover listing all flight numbers, reservation numbers, phone numbers, etc for quick reference; maps and other goodies. Any larger pages that I have I cut down, or stick in sideways and fold in the bottom part like magazines do for ads and maps. I made a colorful Alaska collage for the cover and will take it to Staples to have it spiral bound (about $3.00) the day I am able to printout final boarding docs. It's looking pretty slick. This way I have everything in chronological order, all confirmation numbers highlighted, and in case of an emergency all phone numbers are right there. It's a thing of beauty!!

The other cruises are merely in folders at the moment awaiting further documentation and research.

Archived