Emeald Seafood Buff 2010

wanderlust88

Ahhh, that's what you meant by "Seafood Buff" . . . I was trying to decide if you meant you were a big fan of seafood or you were telling us you preferred to eat seafood while naked. In which case I was going to advise being very careful with the claw crackers . . .

We got off the Emerald April 4. There were only shrimp in the Horizon Court on sail away night. March 2009, on the Emerald there were lobster claws, shrimp, and crab legs in the Horizon Court for sail away.

When we were on the Grand July 2009, there were lobster claws, crab legs, shrimp on both sail away night and 1 formal night.

I asked the head of the Emerald Horizon Court on formal night morning if there were going to be lobster that night and he replied "No, if you want lobster go to the main dining room , it is free".

I would suggest going to the Horizon Court and checking it out and decide if you want it or go to the dining room.

Lately it's been a real hit or miss on most Princess ships! Guess you need to check it out for yourself:)

Especially on The Emerald.

Some reported having the seafood sailaway buffet last month; but there was none in February.

One evening in Cafe Caribe (I think it was Thursday) they had lobster claws that were more akin to rubber than lobster.

Mike:)

We just got off the Emerald today. And like others no sailaway seafood buffet, just shrimp.

They didn't have crab legs at all we checked each night including the dining room. Was

sad to see it gone.

Dawn

Have been cruising with Princess for 5 years on 3 different vessels of the fleet (Coral-06, Golden-08, Star-09) and have never seen a sailaway seafood buffet yet.

Ciao for now!!!

We have sailed Princess for each and everyone of our cruises and for the past 5 years we have had the Seafood Buffet on each and everyone of our cruises, but you have to go to the Horizon Court to enjoy it.....maybe that's where you missed it.

We just got off the Emerald today. And like others no sailaway seafood buffet, just shrimp.

They didn't have crab legs at all we checked each night including the dining room. Was

sad to see it gone.

Dawn

With the way things look in the Gulf there might not be even shrimp in the future.

we did two sailings in January, on the Crown 7 nights, seafood buffet on sailaway, shrimp and other items, not lobster or crab... later found out from PSD that Crab was not on any ships as they were having trouble getting it. Didn't show up in the dining room either.

Then the 10 night on the Ruby we had seafood buffet that had shrimp and lobster claws, but again no crab. Yum yum yum

We have sailed Princess for each and everyone of our cruises and for the past 5 years we have had the Seafood Buffet on each and everyone of our cruises, but you have to go to the Horizon Court to enjoy it.....maybe that's where you missed it.

It was usually only on the Crown/Ruby/Emerald/Caribbean Princess due to the Cafe Caribe.

Ron did not list any of those ships.

it is funny because even though there is Caribe cafe they serve it in HC and that is all that is served up there.... so not sure why al ships don't have it. I believe the Caribbean had it too, but I can't speak on experience with that.

Have had it on the Emerald, Grand, Ruby, Crown yum can't wait for Emerald in Jan

it is funny because even though there is Caribe cafe they serve it in HC and that is all that is served up there.... so not sure why al ships don't have it. I believe the Caribbean had it too, but I can't speak on experience with that.

Have had it on the Emerald, Grand, Ruby, Crown yum can't wait for Emerald in Jan

Yes the CB had it too.

sad to see it gone.

Dawn

We just got off of the Emerald today (May 2nd) no seafood buffet on sailaway, however, on lobster night they did serve lobster claws, tiger shrimp and stone crab claws in the buffet and the lobster tails and prawns in the dining rooms. The tiger shrimp this night was DELICIOUS!

We just got off of the Emerald today (May 2nd) no seafood buffet on sailaway, however, on lobster night they did serve lobster claws, tiger shrimp and stone crab claws in the buffet and the lobster tails and prawns in the dining rooms. The tiger shrimp this night was DELICIOUS!

Albeit was not sailaway, thats the seafood buffet. ;)

That's odd that the poster ask about the Emerald, and everyone decided to give their negatives on every ship but the Emerald.

Have a great cruise wanderlust88!

Evidently you didn't read posts 4 and 6.

I posted only about The Emerald and our experience in February.

Evidently you didn't read posts 4 and 6.

I posted only about The Emerald and our experience in February.

I read in another post that they recently had a seafood buffet on the second formal night in the Horizon which makes it even better than the sail-a way. No formal dressing & lobster to. :D Can't go wrong with that.

I read in another post that they recently had a seafood buffet on the second formal night in the Horizon which makes it even better than the sail-a way. No formal dressing & lobster to. :D Can't go wrong with that.

We had some lobster claws and a few other items on Thursday in Cafe Caribe; but they were as tough as rubber.:(

It was very disappointing.

We had some lobster claws and a few other items on Thursday in Cafe Caribe; but they were as tough as rubber.:(

It was very disappointing.

We'll have to see how it goes. I'll be sure to post a report. The lobster claws are usually better than that. (at least on the other ships)

Archived