**Clarification Regarding Le Club Voyage & Captain's Club Issues

LauraS

• Administrators

Hello:

The nice folks over at Azamara Club Cruises would like to clear up some issues for you all. The information below, appearing in quotation marks, was received from Azamara Club Cruises Public Relations Department and has been reprinted in its entirety:

"Effective April 1 of this year, Azamara Club Cruises launched a new loyalty program for past guests of Azamara, following the brand's joint partnership with Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club.

Guests who sail with Azamara for the first time and are not members of either Celebrity's Captain's Club or Royal Caribbean International's Crown & Anchor program will automatically become members of Azamara's Le Club Voyage after their first sailing, and have the opportunity to enjoy a host of rewards, gifts, amenities and services associated with membership on their next Azamara voyage.

Members of Celebrity's Captain's Club who have sailed with Azamara will automatically be grandfathered into Azamara's loyalty program. However, the transition into the new program will take place in two phases:

* For the remainder of 2010, guests who are members of the Captain's Club will continue to accumulate tier credits on cruises with both Celebrity and Azamara, and will enjoy the benefits of Azamara's club tier levels that correspond to credits earned on both cruise lines.

* Beginning in January 2011, Azamara's loyalty program credits will be earned separate from the Captain's Club. At that point, guests who sailed with both Azamara and Celebrity will have all previously-earned credits applied to both programs.

For Celebrity's Captain's Club members who have never sailed with Azamara, the line offers the option of a reciprocal program between Celebrity's Captain's Club and Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program."

Okay, that cleared things up....NOT! So, not to sure I understand the statements as they seem purposefully vague. If you are a captain's club member do you get reciprocal status or not? I have never sailed with Azamara and neither has one of my travel companions. She is a Diamond with C&A...it may be just me. I would have been happier to not get their confusing message.

Thanks for passing it along though.:)

Hello:

For Celebrity's Captain's Club members who have never sailed with Azamara, the line offers the option of a reciprocal program between Celebrity's Captain's Club and Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program."

Laura,

This does not affect me, however, I think this is suppose to say that the line offers a reciprocal program between Azamara, Celebrity's Captains Club, and Royal Caribbeans Crown & Anchor, correct?

This answers the question that many were asking and for those who are new to Azamara After December 31, 2010 they will start fresh with the points in 2011, but if they already have status with Celebrity or Royal they can enjoy reciprocal benefits (ie this works fine for those who are already Elite with Celebrity).

Okay, that cleared things up....NOT! So, not to sure I understand the statements as they seem purposefully vague. If you are a captain's club member do you get reciprocal status or not? I have never sailed with Azamara and neither has one of my travel companions. She is a Diamond with C&A...it may be just me. I would have been happier to not get their confusing message.

Thanks for passing it along though.:)

Yes, you friend gets Reciprocal benefits. Have you been on Celebrity? If so, your points transfer since you are cruising in May 2010.

Yes, you friend gets Reciprocal benefits. Have you been on Celebrity? If so, your points transfer since you are cruising in May 2010.

Yes, I have been on two Celebrity cruises. I was more concerned for my friend since she has the most to loose. As you stated previously, it is not stated clearly.

Yes, I have been on two Celebrity cruises. I was more concerned for my friend since she has the most to loose. As you stated previously, it is not stated clearly.

your friend will have her Diamond Member Status transferred to Celebrity, which should make her Elite with Celebrity.

She needs to have a Celebrity Number, have her call crown and anchor/Captains Club

in turn her Celebrity status will transfer to Azamara

since you are/she is sailing in 2010 her status with Azamara is now locked in, if she has set up an account with Celebrity.

Throughout 2010 Celebrity/Azamara share sailing credits because RCCL shares sailing credits with Celebrity essentially all 3 lines will allow you to accrue until Dec 31, 2010

As of 2011 it's all complety seperated. Azamara stands alone

I hope this helps

K.

So we will be grandfathered in at the Discoverer Level ( what a name!) no matter what we do.

Thanks, Laura.

that is how I read it too.

None of the verbiage about sailing on AZ in 2010 or any other time really matters if you are already Elite on Celebrity or Diamond(top level?) on RCL. Discoverer is your level on AZ just as it would be today.

If you have never sailed on AZ, but will sail for the first time in 2011 you will be discoverer.

So nothing has changed in that respect.

Did RCL corporate make the decision?

Beginning in January 2011, Azamara's loyalty program credits will be earned separate from the Captain's Club. At that point, guests who sailed with both Azamara and Celebrity will have all previously-earned credits applied to both programs.

I have mentioned before I am Elite on X

My first cruise on ACC is March11 - therefore I will be on the 'option of a reciprocal program ' - now what the heck does that mean?!:rolleyes:

I am a Diamond level on Royal. I have sailed on both Celebrity and Azamara in the past. Per Celebrity and Azamara I am an Elite on Celebrity(Rccl Diamond equivalent) and on my July 12, 2010 cruise on Azamara I will be "Discoverer" level. It appears past cruises are the key

:D

I wonder if free bag of laundry per week refers to every 7 days, ie on a 12 night cruise you would get one bag?

Since we are on a 2 12 night segments

I asked reservations and I was told one bag per cruise segment unless it's 14 days or longer then it reverts to

the 7 day offer.

of course I don't really like that answer..

So, I will politely ask once I'm onboard

and then I will try to negotiate, maybe 1.5 bags per segment or a total of 3 bags since technically we

are onboard for a total of 24 days ;) :D :cool:

Since we are on a 2 12 night segments

I asked reservations and I was told one bag per cruise segment unless it's 14 days or longer then it reverts to

the 7 day offer.

of course I don't really like that answer..

So, I will politely ask once I'm onboard

and then I will try to negotiate, maybe 1.5 bags per segment or a total of 3 bags since technically we

are onboard for a total of 24 days ;) :D :cool:

I am OK with the one bag for 12 nights. I just have my DH do any other laundry. Last trip we were right around the corner from the laundry on deck 7.

I have mentioned before I am Elite on X

My first cruise on ACC is March11 - therefore I will be on the 'option of a reciprocal program ' - now what the heck does that mean?!:rolleyes:

Honestly, in the US we have universities that produce graduates that major in English. They are hired by large companies to write. It appears AZ has not hired one of those graduates.

Perhaps they will soon tell us what the reciprocal program is. I doubt that notice will be understandable.:(

If you are each members of the club do you each get a bag of laundry, or, is it one per cabin. I am actually interested in how much free internet we get-- My husband and I are each Select members of Club Cruises, so, do we each get free internet and a bottle of champagne, or, only one of us?

What will be our status if we take an RCI cruise?

Thanks. Melissa

If you are each members of the club do you each get a bag of laundry, or, is it one per cabin. I am actually interested in how much free internet we get-- My husband and I are each Select members of Club Cruises, so, do we each get free internet and a bottle of champagne, or, only one of us?

What will be our status if we take an RCI cruise?

Thanks. Melissa

I don't think they would make people sharing cabins share a laundry bag :D

Regarding the internet, many couples traveling together only bring one computer. Not the new program, but in Feb I could purchase two packages in my name and use both "free minute" coupons. I assume if two people in a cabin have 10, 20 or 30 minutes free a day they would add it in as 20, 40, or 1 hour. It is the same difference except whether you would need to log in twice or not.

Laura,

I'd really appreciate if you could get this clarified once and for all:

"For Celebrity's Captain's Club members who have never sailed with Azamara, the line offers the option of a reciprocal program between Celebrity's Captain's Club and Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program"

It is now 6 weeks into the programme and we are none the wiser.

I am Elite/Diamond and my first ACC cruise is March 2011.

What is this 'reciprocal program ' and what do I get as my benefits on board please?

Laura/Andy - can you get any clarification on this please?

They seem to have changed the wording on the website

" In January 2011, Le Club Voyage credits will be earned separately from the Captain's Club. At that point, guests who sailed on both Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises, will have all previously earned credits applied to both programs. "

The wording "For Celebrity's Captain's Club members who have never sailed with Azamara, the line offers the option of a reciprocal program between Celebrity's Captain's Club and Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program." has gone.

The wording "For Celebrity's Captain's Club members who have never sailed with Azamara, the line offers the option of a reciprocal program between Celebrity's Captain's Club and Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program." has gone.

Not the official answer you are looking for, but when I read that question in your previous post, my interpretation of that wording was that Celebrity and RCCL had a reciprocal program between those 2 lines, apart from Azamara's program. Perhaps it was causing too much confusion with people interpreting it as a reciprocal program amongst all 3 lines, as opposed to just Celebrity and RCCL, hence the removal of the wording?

We cannot be the only people asking this question?!

How difficult is it for them to update their website with 'if you are xx status on RCI/X and you sail on ACC after Jan 2011 for the first time you will be [a] no status at all and you start accumulating points with your first voyage or recognised at the equivalent status on LCV

Obviously this is too difficult for them to figure out and it isn't giving me a very welcoming feeling:mad:

We cannot be the only people asking this question?!

How difficult is it for them to update their website with 'if you are xx status on RCI/X and you sail on ACC after Jan 2011 for the first time you will be [a] no status at all and you start accumulating points with your first voyage or recognised at the equivalent status on LCV

Obviously this is too difficult for them to figure out and it isn't giving me a very welcoming feeling:mad:

Good point ... keeping the website current and providing information in a way that doesn't come across as 'brain teasers' would go a long ways in good PR.

Good point ... keeping the website current and providing information in a way that doesn't come across as 'brain teasers' would go a long ways in good PR.

Susan

But then what would we have to talk about on these boards? Oh yes, all the stuff that appears on the other boards: cruise reviews, questions about the best staterooms, help for people new to the line .... All the stuff that seems to have more or less disappeared as we all try to understand what the rebranding means and doesn't mean and how successful or otherwise it has been.

Surely, the threads getting all the attention now cannot be to Azamara's advantage and something is going very wrong.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

In my continuing quest to find the answer to my seemingly simple question as to what status we will be when we board next year, I emailed LCV in the USA.

Answer 1 came back promptly saying:

Dear Mr xxxxxx,, Thank you for your recent e-mail. We are excited to introduce our new loyalty program for Azamara Club Cruises: Le Club Voyage. The Le Club Voyage program will be effective as of April 1, 2010. Membership in Le Club Voyage comes with a host of new benefits exclusive to guests sailing with Azamara Club Cruises.

With the addition of this new program, all Captains Club members who have completed an Azamara Club Cruises vacation will be automatically enrolled into Le Club Voyage. For sailings through the end of 2010, guests who are members of Captain's Club will continue to accumulate tier credits on both etc etc etc............

I replied saying thank you very much but you haven't actually answered my question - as to what level I will be etc etc....

Answer 2 came back telling me:

For Azamara Club Cruises, the top tier level for our loyalty program, Le

Club Voyage is "Discoverer" level (having 10+ cruise credits).

I replied saying thank you very much but you haven't actually answered my question - as to what level I will be etc etc....

...to be continued.....

Archived