American airlines

eviledna

You may be able to find your reservation yourself. Go to www.aa.com or www.americanairlines.co.uk , log-in if you have set yourself up before with your AAdvantage number, or log-in as a Guest through "View my reservations" or "Manage My Reservations". You may be able to pull up the record by the AA flight number, travel date and surname without knowing the AA locator. If it comes up, then make note of it for future use. If it won't display your record, then just call American Airlines and ask for their record locator. (The UK phone numbers will be in the website.) They can find your record by the AA flight number(s), travel date and your name. Just say you want it so you can check on-line, as they may charge you for making seat arrangements if you didn't ticket through them initially .... one of the more annoying fees. Then with the AA locator code, go to back to the website and make your seat selection that way. Check back now and then for any schedule changes that may come along.

If you are a BA frequent flyer, note that at present, you cannot accrue BA miles on AA's transatlantic flights. However stay tuned to the news as the EU has finally approved the BA/AA alliance linkup, and the U.S. is likely to follow suit in the next weeks. That will likely allow the exchange of mileage accrual and award travel over the Atlantic, at which time you could add your BA frequent flyer number in the AA reservation. (Not sure when you're traveling.)

Steve

Had an email back...flights are on group allocation therefore untill 21/ 28 days before (when we get details) we cant do anything! grrrr

Another of those advantages from buying cruiseline air.

Oh, but middle seats are good, right? You get to make two new friends.

We bought economy class tickets on domestic AA flight to Miami. I looked the aa.com to see how much they charge for check-in luggage.

Looks like $25 for the 1 and $35 for the second (is this the right information?).

There are some exceptions listed. One of them is:

"The following passengers will be allowed a 1st and/or 2nd checked bag at no additional charge provided it falls within the size and weight limitations:

• Customers who purchase full-fare tickets in Economy Class "

We did purchsed full-time fares. Does it mean we'll not have to pay the luggage fees?

Just trying to figure out extra expenses and not get hit with too much surprise:D

TIA

We bought economy class tickets on domestic AA flight to Miami. I looked the aa.com to see how much they charge for check-in luggage.

Looks like $25 for the 1 and $35 for the second (is this the right information?).

There are some exceptions listed. One of them is:

"The following passengers will be allowed a 1st and/or 2nd checked bag at no additional charge provided it falls within the size and weight limitations:

• Customers who purchase full-fare tickets in Economy Class "

We did purchsed full-time fares. Does it mean we'll not have to pay the luggage fees?

Just trying to figure out extra expenses and not get hit with too much surprise:D

TIA

I think full-fare economy is Y class ... check your confirmation for your fare class.

I think full-fare economy is Y class ... check your confirmation for your fare class.

Just checked . It's Q class and means we are paying luggage fees. Oh well, it's vacation after all:D

Thank you for clarification.

It's Q class and means we are paying luggage fees.
Unfortunately, Q class is pretty much as far from full-fare as it is possible to get.

Y class fares are economy fares that are sometimes even more expensive than discounted first class fares.

Archived