RCI Cruise Director Listing - Through August 2010

We were on LOS from 7/25-8/1. Loved Mike...he was so much fun but he suddenly left in the middle of the week. Something about a family emergency, I think...anyone know if all if ok? We didn't have a CD for the rest of the week. Zach, the activities manager filled out the week.

We never used to care who our CD was. Then we had a fabulous CD on a cruise a couple of years ago. He really made the cruise.

I've read great things about you. Looking forward to seeing you on Liberty in November.

Terry, I can vouch for Mike! And this is despite I hardly ever "did" anything... just from seeing him everywhere on the ship and the wonderful interaction at our Meet & Mingle. Really terrific personality and funny without being over the top. And despite only meeting him at the M&M, he always smiled and waved at me in recognition whenever we saw him, usually on the Promenade. He just made me feel like a VIP on my first cruise!

Laura,

Do you know if Keith Williams will still be on EN on 8/21? Thanks>

Does anybody know? I don't know anything about either of the ones listed for EN.

Rico Du-Breil 19-Apr

Keith Williams

It looks like Rico may have gone to the SP as of Aug 1st if I'm reading the list correctly? Any input would be appreciated, we sail the EN on 8/26.

Does anybody know? I don't know anything about either of the ones listed for EN.

Rico Du-Breil 19-Apr

Keith Williams

It looks like Rico may have gone to the SP as of Aug 1st if I'm reading the list correctly? Any input would be appreciated, we sail the EN on 8/26.

I asked Crown and Anchor and the answer was the Keith would still be on the ship 8/21.

Keith is a great CD. The last time I saw him was on EN coming back from Panama. He and I sat together during The Quest and speculated how he would have handled many of the situations compared to the way Rico did. It's really interesting to see how the different personalities influence the way the game goes.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing Keith again in 2+ weeks.

Greetings everyone,

The CD schedule posted has changed quite a bit in recent weeks. I am now on Vision until 8/28, then i transfer to Monarch ( by request) from 8/30-11/1. Looking forward to going back to Florida - i can now go home to Orlando maybe once a week to feed the dogs. So to confirm, yes i did leave the mouse and i'm sooo happy to be back here.

Marc 'bing bong' walker

We were on LOS from 7/25-8/1. Loved Mike...he was so much fun but he suddenly left in the middle of the week. Something about a family emergency, I think...anyone know if all if ok? We didn't have a CD for the rest of the week. Zach, the activities manager filled out the week.

I was scheduled to be on this cruise but had to reschedule at the last minute. When Mike learned that I was not on board he was devastated and had to leave the ship. Sorry Guys.......catch ya next time, Mike.;):)

Greetings everyone,

The CD schedule posted has changed quite a bit in recent weeks. I am now on Vision until 8/28, then i transfer to Monarch ( by request) from 8/30-11/1. Looking forward to going back to Florida - i can now go home to Orlando maybe once a week to feed the dogs. So to confirm, yes i did leave the mouse and i'm sooo happy to be back here.

Marc 'bing bong' walker

:DWOO HOO!!!! Can't wait to see you in October! Thought we were going to get you on SOS back in May but your schedule changed. Very excited! You rock!

PS is there a Bing Bong Fan Club?

haha. no there is no bing bong fan club or website but it is something i have been considering. At least i know i would have at least one fan ; ) maybe by the end of the year i'll have something up and running now i'm back with the company. i have some new tv shows that i will put onto youtube when i get back to florida in 2 weeks.

bing bong

haha. no there is no bing bong fan club or website but it is something i have been considering. At least i know i would have at least one fan ; ) maybe by the end of the year i'll have something up and running now i'm back with the company. i have some new tv shows that i will put onto youtube when i get back to florida in 2 weeks.

bing bong

hi mark how you been

Mike - do hope you will be on the Feb 5 sailing on the Liberty! We sailed with you on the Adventure back in Feb 09 and thought you were the best!

Mike...Please do not go on vacation until March. We are planning on going on the Liberty on Feb. 27th and can't wait to have you as our cruise director again!

Hello Cruzin lady glad to see you posting again! Have you folks ever had this Abe Hughes as a Cruise director before?? Hope he's as good as Mike..

Happy Sailing

Earl & Kathy

Hi, good to hear from y'all; hope we meet up again! We really love Mike S. from Voyager, and we'll miss him in Feb. No, we don't know Abe Hughes.

We will be doing B2B's in Feb. '11 on Voyager, Nov. '11 on Carnival Magic,

and Mariner in Jan. '12. Hope to see you on one of them.

Happy sailing! :)

Cruzin Lady

I'm sad to hear Abe Hughes resigned. :( He was second only to Richard Spacey in my book.

OMG - I agree with you entirely. Abe was our favorite CD as well. We kept missing Richard. Everytime we'd go on board either the Adventure or the Oasis, we'd have just missed him.

I will try to get in touch with Abe to offer my disappointment that he's left the fleet.

I'm sad to hear Abe Hughes resigned. :( He was second only to Richard Spacey in my book.

OMG - That's such a shame. Abe was our favorite CD as well. Unfortunately, we kept missing Richard, first on the Adventure of the Seas, and then again on the Oasis.

I will try to contact Abe and tell him how sorry I am that he's leaving/left the fleet.

Upon reading this thread, I noticed that there are CD's who are CC members(I haven't been on this site in a while, so I hope the "regulars" will forgive me for not knowing this before), so if anyone doesn't know the answer, maybe they will. Anyway, can anyone tell me who the CD will be for the Explorer of the Seas 14 nt leaving on January 2? And please...for the love of god...do not tell me it will be Jimmy Rhodes. I hate to beat the issue again and again, but he was soooo bad, that he actually had a negative effect on our cruise. I was on the Explorer this past January during the infamous boy-wearing-a-bra incident. I hope that he was reprimanded, in some way, for that.

RCCL Mariner of the Seas sailing to Mexican Riviera had CD Kieron Buffrey and Activities Manager Rob both did a wonderful job. Funny and hilarious Brits, their morning show was a hoot! Rob had a serious Liverpool accent! Kieron played guitar and sang at the Schooner Bar after one of the evening shows one night, really terrific. I'll miss them if they are not on the Oct. 3 sailing which we're going on again. I'll check back to the list before we sail.

Upon reading this thread, I noticed that there are CD's who are CC members(I haven't been on this site in a while, so I hope the "regulars" will forgive me for not knowing this before), so if anyone doesn't know the answer, maybe they will. Anyway, can anyone tell me who the CD will be for the Explorer of the Seas 14 nt leaving on January 2? And please...for the love of god...do not tell me it will be Jimmy Rhodes. I hate to beat the issue again and again, but he was soooo bad, that he actually had a negative effect on our cruise. I was on the Explorer this past January during the infamous boy-wearing-a-bra incident. I hope that he was reprimanded, in some way, for that.

As of yesterday, when I got off EN, Jimmy Rhodes was still CD there.

You got my curiosity re the "infamous boy-wearing-a-bra-incident" - was that your first time at The Quest?

As of yesterday, when I got off EN, Jimmy Rhodes was still CD there.

You got my curiosity re the "infamous boy-wearing-a-bra-incident" - was that your first time at The Quest?

Not at all. I've been to "The Quest" a few times. Over the last 3 three years, on the cruises that I've been on, The Quest was an ADULT ONLY activity. This past year, Jimmy Rhodes not only allowed a boy to be present during the show, but he allowed the boy to participate in a part of the show which, as you may have guessed already, involved the boy wearing a bra. A few people were disturbed by this. I read a post(not sure which thread it was on) about a recent cruise which said that not only did Jimmy Rhodes allow children to be present, but he encouraged it all week advertising "The Quest" as a family event. Do you know if it changed to a family event and is no longer an ADULT ONLY event?

We were on the Explorer on Aug 5th. Chris Northey came on as CD that day. We thought he was great. He was ALWAYS around. Very personable and funny. I don't know how long his contract is, but I think I remember him saying, during the captains talk thing, that the capt has a 10 week on 10 week off, and that the CD and the Hotel Director have 16 on 8 off.

Not at all. I've been to "The Quest" a few times. Over the last 3 three years, on the cruises that I've been on, The Quest was an ADULT ONLY activity. This past year, Jimmy Rhodes not only allowed a boy to be present during the show, but he allowed the boy to participate in a part of the show which, as you may have guessed already, involved the boy wearing a bra. A few people were disturbed by this. I read a post(not sure which thread it was on) about a recent cruise which said that not only did Jimmy Rhodes allow children to be present, but he encouraged it all week advertising "The Quest" as a family event. Do you know if it changed to a family event and is no longer an ADULT ONLY event?

Last week there were both types.

There was a Quest for the 12-17 age group that my step dtr's 12 yo dtr went to. I had told her some of the things that go on at the regular Quest (man in woman's shoe and vice versa, sock with a hole, etc). It seems that all the "clean" ones I could think of were done for/with the kids. I didn't want to give her too many ideas, but, with some delicate questioning, I found nothing offensive.

When I was on GR in early July, they touted a "family-friendly Quest" which I went to, in anticipation of having family onboard with me this time. While it was certainly family friendly, I didn't feel that it really resembled a Quest.

I'm surprised at what you reported, and I definitely agree with you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived