RCI Cruise Director Listing - Through August 2010

We had Chris Northey on our Monarch cruise in January 2009. I thought he was good, although I don't have anything to compare him to with respect to RCI. Compared to a couple of the cruise directors we had on DCL, I found him to be much more energetic and involved. After our experience on Monarch, I certainly would love to have him as our CD again.

Thanks for the info. Look forward to seeing him then.

can anyone tell me about mike hunnerup. we will be on explorer with him as our cruise director.

is he funny? So far Chloe is still my favorite.

From what I read on other forums, he is a so-so at best CD. But probably best to have this confirmed...

Am I dreaming???? Marc Walker is going to be on Serenade???? During my cruise??? :eek:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Never heard of him but he is going to be the CD on our cruise as well.

Thanks Laura, for the list. If I'm reading it correctly, Allan Brooks will be our CD on our cruise, Freedom of the Seas, July 18th. We're new cruisers so we do not know anything about him....can anyone give us info on AB.

Thanks, Amy:confused:

Also had him as a CD on Explorer...he was awesome! Very funny and always around the ship. The man doesn't sleep!!!:)

can anyone tell me about mike hunnerup. we will be on explorer with him as our cruise director.

is he funny? So far Chloe is still my favorite.

Eh. I don't think he is funny.....he's OK. Nothing really stands out about him. I would not call him funny. BUT i prefer him 100000% more than Jimmy Rhodes. Mike is a little more natural....Jimmy just rubbed me the wrong way....can't put a finger on it....although he had some sort of morning show on TV and if you found him on the ship and gave him the correct answer to the trivia question (or what ever...) you'd win a prize...(he gave away lots of DODs!!! the one time i saw it and knew the answer i couldn't find him!)

I prefer Dave Chapman...or Allen Brooks or Graham Seymour.

That all said, the CD, for us, does not make or break the cruise....i just want to be ON the ship!

Eh. I don't think he is funny.....he's OK. Nothing really stands out about him. I would not call him funny. BUT i prefer him 100000% more than Jimmy Rhodes. Mike is a little more natural....Jimmy just rubbed me the wrong way....can't put a finger on it....although he had some sort of morning show on TV and if you found him on the ship and gave him the correct answer to the trivia question (or what ever...) you'd win a prize...(he gave away lots of DODs!!! the one time i saw it and knew the answer i couldn't find him!)

I prefer Dave Chapman...or Allen Brooks or Graham Seymour.

That all said, the CD, for us, does not make or break the cruise....i just want to be ON the ship!

I agree. Mr. Rhodes was by far the worst CD that I have come across.

I agree. Mr. Rhodes was by far the worst CD that I have come across.

Agree 110%. On our cruise back in January he allowed a 10 year old boy to participate in the Quest. Dressed up as a Woman.

Bill, I guess we will have Clo as our CD when we do the TA on Jewel on 9/4. Is she as good as Kirk?

The little one is so beautiful. What a doll she is. :D

Clo is one of the best CD's we have ever had.

Our group on the Brilliance at the time all loved her and could not get enough of her humor.

I would give anything to find her on our ships again. ;)

The ever popular Cruise Director Listing through August is now available here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/images/communityphotos/Cruise%20Director%20Listing%20-%20August%202010.pdf

Note this information is sent to me directly from RCI and is unedited in any way.

Laura

Thank you LauraS for posting this again. So many people ask about the CD's on their cruises. ;)

It is very important to them who they are.

I might be table-unfriendly, but I don't understand this one. :)

So for Freedom,

Abe Hughes is CD till 4/11. Then Alan Brooks till 8/1. Then Graham Seymour. I get that.

But on Liberty it lists only James Andrews until 6/6. Does this mean he leaves then? Liberty appears to be the only one like that.

• Administrators
i cant understand this list its looks terrbile

That's what RCI sends me. Exactly.

Laura

Now that is a bit much. Can't imagine him not catching some grief over that.

You would think so. We were all kind of shocked. We'll be on Explorer again next Thursday so we'll see if this is commonplace or a one time incident.

Chris Northey was the Cruise Director on my 10-day Jewel Cruise back in Feb. I usually do not pay much attention to the CD but Chris was so involved and active that you could not help but notice him and the work of his team. He is a young Canadian who brings a lot of energy and excitement to the ship. He was very approachable and always available. He actually added to the enjoyment of my cruise. Unless something changes you will be lucky to have him as your CD.

Anyone ever haveCarly Boileau? Looks like she'll be on Rhapsody when I am. Just curious as to thoughts about her.

We have been on 4 cruises with Carly she is one of the best CD's, if not the best RCCL has to offer. :cool:

She gets involved in all aspects of your cruise for your enjoyment.

She is a sweet dedicated CD and very easy on the eyes. :)

I'm sure you will enjoy her and her quick wit. :eek:

Am I dreaming???? Marc Walker is going to be on Serenade???? During my cruise??? :eek:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Never heard of him but he is going to be the CD on our cruise as well.

It was a good thing.... however he told me his schedule changed :( and he will be on Vision of the Seas. He was the CD for both of our Enchantment of the Seas cruises and he did an amazing job. To date our favorite CD. Bing Bong!

• 4 weeks later...

We too heard our "bing bong" is in Copenhagen! Hopefully we will have him stateside soon!!!!! So glad he is back from "the mouse" !!! Who does a better dancer in the YMCA 70's disco party than our beloved Marky Marc?!?!?!?!

• 4 weeks later...
The ever popular Cruise Director Listing through August is now available here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/images/communityphotos/Cruise%20Director%20Listing%20-%20August%202010.pdf

Note this information is sent to me directly from RCI and is unedited in any way.

Laura

Laura,

Do you know if Keith Williams will still be on EN on 8/21? Thanks>

Yeah...Where's Mike Wazowski?

I know he was having some kind of hand or wrist surgery, but I didn't think it would have him out for months.

I started a thread asking Mike how the surgery went, etc. and he replied that he was going to try something besides surgery. He also said he was doing a short fill in on Liberty (I think), and had his choice of going back to Voyager or staying on Liberty. I don't know, though, if that has changed or not, but that's what he said. :D

Archived