Who would like to hear Caribbean Music?

We just came back from sailing on the Celebrity Solstice April 25th. I couldn't agree more about having more reggae music on board. There was a solo performer playing a steel drum along with recorded music on a lap top. It sounded pretty good a real band would have been so much better. He was very good and played quite a few reggae tunes but I only saw him at poolside once. I really enjoyed the Sipra band that played poolside every afternoon. They could stand to update their song selection but the songs they played were done great. They even asked some guy from the audience to sing. He blew me away I don't know how the band knew him but he sang Bon Jovi really well. They were really talented and they could have easily played a couple of Bob Marley tunes.

Count us in on the Reggae bands and Caribbean music. We play Caribbean stations by our pool and pretend we're on vacation! Celebrity used to have some good bands around the pool which we enjoyed much more than the games and talking over the loud speaker. Not relaxing at all! We've never been on Carnival because we want to have a more relaxing cruise.

Was on board the Constellation in March from San Diego to Hawaii and would have loved to hear some Caribbean music. That would have been better than hearing everyday "Grandma Got Run over By A Reindeer". They need a better selection of pool music.

Was on board the Constellation in March from San Diego to Hawaii and would have loved to hear some Caribbean music. That would have been better than hearing everyday "Grandma Got Run over By A Reindeer". They need a better selection of pool music.

Ouch, and in March, another ouch!? :eek:

Had a some great Marley tunes by the band on Royal C's Navigator in January, another decent reggae style band on Royal's Radiance to Mexican Riv Aril 23rd--& an outstanding solo guitarist

both ships also had great Latin bands too!!! as well as the usual piano bar acts...

Our next three cruises will be on X so I am hoping they get the message--

Absolutely! We had the party band, Fusion on Mercury. I kept expecting some Caribbean tunes, but, while they were a good band...they played no C. and too briefly. X needs more music, not blaring everywhere, but more live bands around the ship, especially the pool.

While on this topic, my DH was looking for "Big Band," music, which was listed. We heard nothing but cha chas, nothing from the '40s. We wanted to dance and it fell flat. disappointing.

Absolutely! We had the party band, Fusion on Mercury. I kept expecting some Caribbean tunes, but, while they were a good band...they played no C. and too briefly. X needs more music, not blaring everywhere, but more live bands around the ship, especially the pool.

While on this topic, my DH was looking for "Big Band," music, which was listed. We heard nothing but cha chas, nothing from the '40s. We wanted to dance and it fell flat. disappointing.

Sorry, negatron on the bands beside the pool. We generally leave if the "Party Band" starts up while we're there.

Could go with your DH on a little "Big Band" music - just not by the pool.

Al

:D

Here's a link to some samples! Hope it works

http://www.bankiebanx.net/ListenNow.html

Yes, it did work and I even listened to them all. Thanks for sending the link. Sure hope this thread keeps getting hits with comments. We need a few thousand of us to write requests asking for a Caribbean steel drum band. One that plays the type of music expected to be found in the islands. So here is my request.

Celebrity could we please have a steel drum band with singers aboard our ship when we are sailing in the warm waters of the Caribbean?

Who out there likes Jimmy Buffet?

Cheers to all,

JoAnne:D

First of all, an incident that happened to us 30 years ago in Jamaica. We were at an all-inclusive for the week before Christmas. They played the sam reggae Christmas music (I didn't even know such a thing existed!) over the sound system for 5 days straight. One day, it stopped mid-note. A few minutes later, a voice came on; "Would the person who took the tape please return it. We promise not to play it anymore." It took me 20 years, but I found a copy of that tape in St. Thomas. Now I play it each year at Christmas - once only.

On the Solstice last week, we only had the solo steel pan player. Usually, the party band Sipra (good band) played for a short time each day by the pool. 70's and 80's (music, not the passengers). Also, on other cruises, the ship's orchestra often had a big-band night in one of the lounges. Didn't see it on the Sostice.

Art

That is one of the things that make a Caribbean cruise so fun! To have that music that is "out of the norm" just throws you into a vacation, "free spirit" mood. Please, Celebrity, we need this type of music out by the pool area!

We will be on our 4th Caribbean cruise aboard Celebrity in the fall. Each time on Celebrity there has been a lack of Caribbean or Reggae music. I was just wondering if anyone else would like to hear perhaps a steel drum band with singers at the pool and sail away parties?

Cheers,

JoAnne

I love to hear the steele bands on the pool deck! :)

That is one of the things that make a Caribbean cruise so fun! To have that music that is "out of the norm" just throws you into a vacation, "free spirit" mood. Please, Celebrity, we need this type of music out by the pool area!

Makes sense!

Archived