Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

We chose a taxi operated by Dennis Hollis and he provided us with an excellent six-hour tour of Bermuda. He was on time waiting for our cruise ship. He grew up in Bermuda and was friendly, informative and interesting. He stopped at forts, beaches, and churches. He allowed time for shopping in Hamilton and St. George. We also stopped for drinks at the Swizzle Inn. Give him a call you won't be disappointed.

Contact information for Dennis Hollis:

Taxi # 1340

Mobile: 441 334-7480

E mail: DWHOLLIS@IBL.BM

We chose a taxi operated by Dennis Hollis and he provided us with an excellent six-hour tour of Bermuda. He was on time waiting for our cruise ship. He grew up in Bermuda and was friendly, informative and interesting. He stopped at forts, beaches, and churches. He allowed time for shopping in Hamilton and St. George. We also stopped for drinks at the Swizzle Inn. Give him a call you won't be disappointed.

Contact information for Dennis Hollis:

Taxi # 1340

Mobile: 441 334-7480

E mail: DWHOLLIS@IBL.BM

Hi,

We booked with Dennis. So excited :)

Can you tell me what he looks like so we don't miss him?

Does he also bring you back to the ship?

I have heard some tour operators leave their quests in Hamilton and they take the ferry back. Maybe that's what they pre- arranged and would likely save time, but we will have my MIL with us and she's on oxygen and has a walker. So bringing us back to the ship is a good idea.

Also, if you don't mind telling me.... what amt. of tip did you give him. 20% would be about $48 based on 6 hours.

TIA

SOP they will have a sign with your name.

I think they will drop you wherever you want. Back at the ship or not. My original plan (before the storm changed our arrival time) was to take a ferry to St. George and be picked up there, but we had to change to being picked up at the ship.

SOP they will have a sign with your name.

I think they will drop you wherever you want. Back at the ship or not. My original plan (before the storm changed our arrival time) was to take a ferry to St. George and be picked up there, but we had to change to being picked up at the ship.

Thank You:)

That's good to know.

I did a 4 hour tour with Mr. Prinsen Bailey, he was really knowledgable and fun to be with. He will take you to places that the bus tours don't go to and will stop at areas that you want to stop at. Besides using him this year, I also used him last year. His E-mail is... pbailey(at)northrock(dot)bm

Has anyone used Colin Jennings recently? We used him last year and he was FANTASTIC. We are going back to Bermuda this summer and wanted to contact him again for another private tour.

Has anyone used Colin Jennings recently? We used him last year and he was FANTASTIC. We are going back to Bermuda this summer and wanted to contact him again for another private tour.

Mom and I just got back. We did a 5 hour tour with Colin when we arrived on 6/10. He was waiting for us when we docked. We really enjoyed the tour and would highly recommend him.

Mom and I just got back. We did a 5 hour tour with Colin when we arrived on 6/10. He was waiting for us when we docked. We really enjoyed the tour and would highly recommend him.

Do you (or anyone) by any chance have his contact info?

I have an email address from last year and I sent him a message last week but haven't heard anything from him. I'm thinking that it might be an old email address.

Thanks in advance!

Christine - wolfcel

for those of you who had a private guide...what were the highlights you still dream about that you had the chance to visit??

Thanks!!

For me it was Gibbs Hill lighthouse and Waterville gardens because those were two places we couldn't have gotten to very easily on the bus and we missed them on previous visits.

That's not necessarily the highlights of Bermuda as a whole because we have visited Bermuda a total of five times. So there are things I would recommend in addition to the things that were the highlights of this fifth visit and things I would like to do that I am no longer physically capable of doing.

Do you (or anyone) by any chance have his contact info?

I have an email address from last year and I sent him a message last week but haven't heard anything from him. I'm thinking that it might be an old email address.

Thanks in advance!

Christine - wolfcel

I am having the same problem. I have an appointment with him in a couple of weeks and I am trying to confirm, and also figure out where we will be going. I've emailed him twice in the last week and have no response.

However, I understand that's a typical experience in dealing with Colin.

Good Morning, future Bermuda visitors!

I am the one that originally introduced Colin to this CruiseCritic thread. I heard from him this morning, in response to an email that I sent him several days ago, as well. Here is part of what he wrote back to me.

" I have been extremely busy with the taxi, and some illnesses in the family. I am just getting settled back in and glad to say that the illnesses were all temporary.

I know everyone must be asking for me as I have about 50 e-mails. Please tell them all that I do apologize and I will be answering all e-mails between today and tomorrow.

So, future Bermuda visitors, please give him just a little more time to get back to you. He wil reply and he is definitely worth the wait! He has to read, check his schedule, and reply to the emails after driving and touring all day, (as do I'm sure, all the other drivers) but his family all have jobs of their own and he must wait until his free time in the evening to get to the computer!!!

Hope this helps!!! - Miriam

Edited by Clancy14

Good Morning, future Bermuda visitors!

I am the one that originally introduced Colin to this CruiseCritic thread. I heard from him this morning, in response to an email that I sent him several days ago, as well. Here is part of what he wrote back to me.

" I have been extremely busy with the taxi, and some illnesses in the family. I am just getting settled back in and glad to say that the illnesses were all temporary.

I know everyone must be asking for me as I have about 50 e-mails. Please tell them all that I do apologize and I will be answering all e-mails between today and tomorrow.

So, future Bermuda visitors, please give him just a little more time to get back to you. He wil reply and he is definitely worth the wait! He has to read, check his schedule, and reply to the emails after driving and touring all day, (as do I'm sure, all the other drivers) but his family all have jobs of their own and he must wait until his free time in the evening to get to the computer!!!

Hope this helps!!! - Miriam

Thanks for the update...I did get an email from him last night. Colin is worth waiting for. He is a great guide!!

I have an appointment with him in a couple of weeks and I am trying to confirm, and also figure out where we will be going. I've emailed him twice in the last week and have no response.

However, I understand that's a typical experience in dealing with Colin.

You can simply give him your wish list of places that YOU want to see and he will absolutely take you anywhere you request. It's not up to him to figure out where you are going unless you say...

" I have no idea what I want to see, please take me to as many of the most popular attractions as we can fit into 4 or 5 or 6 hours."

Bermuda.com or Frommer's Guide from your local books stores can be a great help to everyone.

- Miriam

Hi, Folks,

We're on the Caribbean Princess, stopping in Bermuda on 10/29. Following the threads here, I e-mailed four guides. Guess what? I heard back from 3 of them in 24 hours!! Now - how do I choose? Its Duke Soares, Collin Jennings & Dennis Hollis.

By the way, its just the two of us so far, so if anyone is also in port 10/29/12, please speak up. We like to share shore excursions -nice to split expenses & meet people from all over.

Hi, Folks,

We're on the Caribbean Princess, stopping in Bermuda on 10/29. Following the threads here, I e-mailed four guides. Guess what? I heard back from 3 of them in 24 hours!! Now - how do I choose? Its Duke Soares, Collin Jennings & Dennis Hollis.

By the way, its just the two of us so far, so if anyone is also in port 10/29/12, please speak up. We like to share shore excursions -nice to split expenses & meet people from all over.

I can't speak for the other 2 gentlemen, but I used Colin Jennings last year and he was terrific. So much, in fact, that I am going back to Bermuda in 39 days with a different group of friends, and we will be using Colin Jennings again. We didn't know exactly where to go or what to see, so we left it up to him and he took us to all the "hot" spots. He is very friendly, informative, and knowledgeable about the island. You can't go wrong if you choose him.

Good luck and enjoy Bermuda!

Hi! Would you be willing to send me the email address for Colin Jennings? I was thinking about booking a private tour (since I have a broken arm!!) and I haven't been able to come across his email address! Thank you!

FYI - Duke is booked; Dennis Holis is off the Island & we are waiting to hear from Colin again. I also am looking into this firm....http://www.gartours.com/html/destinations.html. Their buses hold up to 14. We could have a private tour for $10/hr/person. Has anyone used or heard of them. Anybody else interested?

Judy