Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

Is Duke Soares still giving private island tours? If he is, does anyone have his current email address? Thank you.

CC member Jan_In_Maine posted this on 8/3: The e-mail that I have for Duke is dukesoares@gmail.com - We have him booked for September. Hopefully this one will work. Jan

And on 9/24, she posted this: He picked us up at 9:00 and we toured all around and ended up in Hamilton (5 hours) - we decided to spend extra time there after our tour - had lunch and took the ferry back.

He is very willing to do whatever as it was "our tour" -- what ever we wanted. It was wonderful!. Jan

As of mid September he was giving tours.

SBtS

Edited by SailBadtheSinner
speling

We recently cruised to Bermuda from Boston. I am a frequent traveller and like tour a city or area upon arrival. I found a fabulous tour guide on a Bermuda tourism website: Lewis Foggo. He was friendly, attentive and extremely knowledgeable. There were four in our group, each relatively curious. No matter the topic, history, botany, social, economical... he could answer our questions. He made great suggestions for beaches, attractions, shopping and restaurants.

We had originally booked him for a half day upon arrival, but were so pleased with his service; we booked for a full day later in the trip. We all agreed he was well worth hiring a driver for the day. I should also add the cost to hire Lewis was half that of the tour package offered by the cruiseline.

He was such good company we asked him to join us for lunch so we could continue our onslaught of questions. He oblidged. While it may seem I am 'pitching' for Lewis, I was so pleased with his service I would be remiss in not sharing my review. His contact information: lewis_foggo@hotmail.com or Call: 441/704-2109.

Good luck, and travel safely!

Thanks for posting the info SBtS --- We had the most wonderful time in Bermuda and will be going back - probably not until 2015 though.

Our tour with Duke was amazing, we had another couple join us who had been in Bermuda before and had done a taxi tour with a guide that they really enjoyed, but they said that Duke was even more knowledgeable and that it really made their trip to Bermuda a success.....not only did I love Bermuda, but I also ended up with new friends that we will cruise with again in the future. Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

We had been to bermuda 30 years ago, so this was a return anniversary trip. We didn't want to book tours through cruise ship but kinda wanted to be free to do what ever. We got off the explorer of the seas and walked a little to the right and saw a native looking guy, and asked to take a tour, and we were very happy with him and his new van.

We had tablemates that joined us, so we split the difference on tour. We kinda left it.. Lets see the whole island and stop where we wanted to and we would go and not worry about time. We got in the van around 10 ish.

John Tucker, was our guides name and he played cricket in his younger days, and he was born native of Bermuda. He told us history of the island and he answered our many questions. We all were very happy with J.T as he was a good driver, we felt we were in good hands. We did what we wanted to do and never felt rushed or hurried. We did all our sight seeing in 4 hours,having him let us off in st. George as we stopped for late lunch and then took a ferry back to dock yard.

We had a great day, and yes I would call upon him again if we are lucky enough to go back to Bermuda.

We just got back from Bermuda and we used David Fox for a tour and we were very happy. He took us all over Bermuda and was very accommodating. He responds to your emails very quickly and speaking of which, here is his contact email: thefox@logic.bm

Edited by ck7

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone considering a Taxi tour of the island I whole heartedly recommend recomend David G Fox. David gave us a great overview of the entire island. His van was very comfortable and he provided a wealth of information along the way. I even inquired about stopping at fort scaur on the way back and he was very happy to oblige. David can be contacted at thefox@logic.bm

We just returned from Bermuda on the 21st. Had a wonderful 5 hour Island tour with Julie Richardson of Winsome Transport, http://www.winsometransport.com. We inquired late regarding this tour and Ralph Richardson was already booked but he actually called me the same night I e-mailed him and arranged to charter another taxi (actually a van that held 12 but we were only 6) to accommodate us. His wife, Julie (both are born & raised in Bermuda) personalized our tour to our requests combined with her suggestions. We hit all the highlights plus more. We can't recommend them enough. Wonderful people and fantastic tour guides.

• 4 weeks later...

:cool:If you are looking for a great guide for Burmuda, look no farther than Roseann Careen Tucker, kreativeresponse@yahoo.com. (441) 704 7018. I used her to explore the island in 2011, and just booked her yesterday for a 2013 tour. She is knows the island, and is agreeable to what ever you suggest. We had a tour, lunch at Swizzle Inn, and a stop at Horseshoe Bay just prior to returning to the ship. She met us promptly, and gets back to you immediately. Give Roseann a try, you'll be glad you did:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Edited by sailawayjack

• 1 month later...

FYI, one of this board's highly recommended/favorite Bermuda private guides--Duke Soare's wife asked me to post this on Cruise Critic:

Unfortunately due to medical reasons Duke will no longer be able to do Taxi Tours. I wonder if you could possibly assist me by posting on Cruise Critic that this is the case,we get so many people from recommendations on Cruise critic and I don't know how to advise that he is unwell and cannot do any more tours. I don't know who to suggest as I am not sure what taxis does the same type of tours that Duke did,

So sorry

Kind regards

Sandra ( duke's Wife)

Hope Duke gets well soon.

Thanks for the recent CC Bermuda port private guide recommendations posted above on David Fox. We heard quickly back from David and (another couple and us) have him booked for the first day we are in Bermuda on April 6th.

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried emailing both David and Colin and have not had a response from either. Are they still doing tours? Interested to know how long it took for them to reply to other peoples emails. All the tour guides from the various other ports I wrote to replied with a day or so. Any suggestions on how to reach them or any other guides? Our visit to Bermuda isn't for several months but I'd like to book someone now to know that part of our trip is taken care of.

Edited by SF

I've tried emailing both David and Colin and have not had a response from either. Are they still doing tours? Interested to know how long it took for them to reply to other peoples emails. All the tour guides from the various other ports I wrote to replied with a day or so. Any suggestions on how to reach them or any other guides? Our visit to Bermuda isn't for several months but I'd like to book someone now to know that part of our trip is taken care of.

Colin is very slow on the emails but he does get back to you don't worry too much did you use colinjenningstaxi at yahoo dot com

If you're talking about David Fox, I emailed him in the beginning of January, and he responded that night. Did you email thefox at logic dot bm?

If you're talking about David Fox, I emailed him in the beginning of January, and he responded that night. Did you email thefox at logic dot bm?

Yes, that's the email address I used. It's been a few days and no reply, do you think I should re-send it since he answered you that night?

Any suggestion for tours that do the glass bottom boat with snorkeling? I did contact one late last year but now his emails are bouncing back. I am guessing he is no longer in business.

Any one use Fantasea? Or Destiny Water tours?

Edited by music

This is the time of year that Colin uses for his own family's vacation. As this is not cruise season in Bermuda, and not a high volume air/land vacation time in Bermuda, he and his family (wife, children and grandchildren) might be visiting family and friends, or other islands/countries. His daughter, who has a regular full-time job, and a family, tries to answer all his emails for him, as soon as possible, so please bear with them and give them a little more time at this time of year to get back to you. He really is worth it! This year will be my 5th or 6th time with him and I will not be disappointed! We are taking friends with us for their VERY FIRST CRUISE EVER (YIKES!!!!) so Colin will have to start from the very beginning with his "Intro to Bermuda" tour!!!! They will love it!!! And even after all this time, so will I!!!

Hope this helps!! - Miriam

Yes, that's the email address I used. It's been a few days and no reply, do you think I should re-send it since he answered you that night?

Yes, I think you should try again. We emailed a couple of times back and forth, and he was pretty prompt with his responses.