Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

We have a group of 10 sailing on NCL Breakaway to Bermuda in June and were thinking about doing a tour together. Do any of the private tour guides have 12 passenger vans? Any thoughts what their hourly charge would be for 10 people? One of our party has mobility issues so this is the best option for an excursion that we can all do together. Would appreciate any ideas.

\We are a group of 10 and have reserved GAR tours for a 5 hour tour, with a 14 passenger van, which is A/C and has a sound system...for the few of us who are becoming hard of hearing. We have had very pleasant responses to all our requests, and will report on the tour when we get back later in April. The price for us is $50 / person for the 5 hours out.

from reading through this thread I picked out 3 companies/individuals and emailed them yesterday with a request for a private tour for 3 in August

Today I got a reply from Kreativeresponse who suggested 3 possible tours of 4 hour duration.The normal rate is $55 per hour but offered a discounted pre arranged rate for 4 people at total $175.However with 4 that would still be more than David fox and with 3 considerably more. They also required a credit card to reserve and wanted to speak on the phone to confirm details-as we live in the UK that would be expensive!

I will report back after our tour but thought would share my experience so far with 3 recommended tour guides on this thread

It sounds like Kreative has had a bad experience with cruisers in the past, with them booking and then changing their minds and not coming or not paying. They are probably more accustomed to working with people from the US where it would be less expensive to call.

Also the prices are generally a flat rate per car, and not per person.

It sounds like Kreative has had a bad experience with cruisers in the past, with them booking and then changing their minds and not coming or not paying. They are probably more accustomed to working with people from the US where it would be less expensive to call.

Also the prices are generally a flat rate per car, and not per person.

yes I agree that Kreative are covering their backs to make sure they don't get burned with people booking and not turning up

however my criteria for choosing one tour operator over another is the "personal touch" I sent the same information to all 3 companies saying that we were from the UK and indeed the email address ends dot co dot uk

therefore the company that picks up that info and tailors to our needs is the company that gets our business

We booked with Dennis again on our October cruise. We met him last year and toured from the Wharf to Hamilton. This year, we're touring from Hamilton to St. George. He was very informative and let us explore as long as we wanted at the different stops.

Dennis got back to us right away and confirmed our tour.

Cell: (441)334-7480

dwhollis@logic.bm

DWHollis@IBL.BM

• 2 weeks later...
Can we get off the ship and get a blue flag guide to hire by the hour? Or do we have to book in advance.

The blue flag taxi rate is $40.00/hour for a minimum of 3 hours. It is not necessary to book in advance, but it gives you the comfort that there is a taxi available waiting for you.

SBtS

Dennis Hollis, winsome transport or kreative transport... Which one

Stellarose--I can't speak for Winsome or Kreative, but Dennis was very informative when he took us around last October. I emailed him about this October and he got back to us quickly and will be meeting us on the dock in the with our name on a card.

I am so glad we took the tour! Enjoy Bermuda!:)

\We are a group of 10 and have reserved GAR tours for a 5 hour tour, with a 14 passenger van, which is A/C and has a sound system...for the few of us who are becoming hard of hearing. We have had very pleasant responses to all our requests, and will report on the tour when we get back later in April. The price for us is $50 / person for the 5 hours out.

When we got off the ship, there was George waiting with a sign for us. His van is neat, clean and comfortable. He had umbrellas in the van ( which we didn't need,) binoculars if we wanted to use them and was ready to get on the road. Matter of fact, we were the first van that left the dockyard area!

We really got a 6 hour tour, as he didn't charge us for the time at the Swizzle Inn, that some of our group really wanted to experience. There were many photo op stops, and if anyone mentioned a location, he tried to get it included. I had given a list of places we really were interested in seeing, and our tour took us from the Dockyards all the way to St. David's and Clearwater Beach. You can either let him plan, or you can add what you want to add to the stops. Have a great experience with George.

1 to 4 People - $ 40 an Hour Total.

5 to 6 People - $ 60 an Hour Total.

Sundays and Holidays (Bermuda Holidays) are usually higher, for most Blue Flagged drivers.

The rate for 5-6 passengers is $55.50 per hour.

I believe, although I'm not 100% certain, that the hourly tour fares do not increase on Sundays or holidays, unlike regular metered fares.

And where did you find that information ?

There are multiple reports on this thread of Colin Jennings quoting rates higher than the standard fare...$50 per hour for 1-4 passengers rather than the $40 rate approved by the government...and also at least one reporting a quote of $60 rather than $55.50 for 5-6 passengers.

Colin must have raised he rates. My wife and I used him two years ago and it was $40.00 per hour, 5 hours and we gave him a $40.00 tip. He had either a Nissan or Toyota European van which comfortably held 6