All Things Splendor

thanks everyone for all the great info and pics. does anyone know how far away is parking? is there a very long walk from the parking lot to the ship? we have 2 large carryons so i am hoping the walk isnt too long. thanks :)

thanks everyone for all the great info and pics. does anyone know how far away is parking? is there a very long walk from the parking lot to the ship? we have 2 large carryons so i am hoping the walk isnt too long. thanks :)

I was told you drop your luggage with the porters then park.. I wish I had more info as well..Lisa

This is a great thread I am sure somone will be able to answer your question...

The parking is very nice -- it's a covered parking garage. And it's NOT far. Here's a pic of the ship from the parking structure:

CIMG0206A.jpg

The parking lot is just in front of the cruise terminal. Just a few steps and you are there.

Instead of taking the escalators you can just take the elevator to the top floor once you have gotten your cruise card and are boarding the ship... and then you walk towards the ship door. YEAH!

Parking is expensive at $12. per day but worth it.... every penny. It is so nice.

If you have lots of luggage.... you can first drive up to drop off your luggage and hand to a porter. If you want quick porter service just show them the tip money in advance and they will come running.

Also STOP ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE LANE for faster porter service.

If you look to the right side you will see a long line of people wanting to get porter service. Not a good idea to go there.

Make sure you have your luggage tags or you will have to go pick up your luggage tags at a different line.

You can get your luggage tags from your computer. Or... you can make up your own luggage tags and tape them to your luggage if you know your cabin number.

Since there is usually one ship in the cruiseport which is the Splendor it will not feel like a ZOO.

That cruiseport is hassell FREE as far as I am concerned. Lucy

Mathgeek, posted some great photos. YEAH!

Notice the lady with the STOP SIGN? If you are a Carnival VIP... just walk to the left side of her to a small building to sign up for your cruise card.

VIPS get their cruise cards right away at that building. You just have to wait if the main door hasn't opened yet for boarding. Once the door opens stay to the right lane to get into the main cruise building to go through security and then you are free to go to the elevator or escalators to go onto the gangway.

Once you are on the ship... the first stop will be the buffet unless your cabin has already been cleaned. The cabins are usually ready by 1:30 to 2p.m. That has been my experience. All the fire doors leading to your cabins will be closed until the cabins are cleaned up and ready.

I can hardly wait for my cruise! Lucy

Mathgeek, posted some great photos. YEAH!

Notice the lady with the STOP SIGN? If you are a Carnival VIP... just walk to the left side of her to a small building to sign up for your cruise card.

VIPS get their cruise cards right away at that building. You just have to wait if the main door hasn't opened yet for boarding. Once the door opens stay to the right lane to get into the main cruise building to go through security and then you are free to go to the elevator or escalators to go onto the gangway.

Once you are on the ship... the first stop will be the buffet unless your cabin has already been cleaned. The cabins are usually ready by 1:30 to 2p.m. That has been my experience. All the fire doors leading to your cabins will be closed until the cabins are cleaned up and ready.

I can hardly wait for my cruise! Lucy

Lucy I wish you were coming with us in Sept. you would be a fantastic guide! This thread is really informative..

Edited by lisa e

Lisa, It is the pre-cruise information that is always the most helpful. Once you get on the ship there will be plenty of crew workers to give you advise.

Have lots of fun on your cruise. Lucy

I am going on the Splendor in Oct - 10/10/10! First trip on this ship and first cruise out of CA to the Mexican Riviera. Can't wait ~ we have 18 booked so far and are celebrating my DB and SIL's 15th anniversary.

From everything I've read, I am sure this is going to be a fantastic cruise. Been on Carnival 11 times before, so I know what to expect for the most part.

My biggest question is wondering who the Piano Bar Player will be for that sailing. I now Ron Pass is on there in June, but not sure who will be replacing him. I keep checking the updated list of piano players, but no info so far. If anyone going in the next month or after gets any intel, please let us know!

I look forward to reading more and see more pics of this beautilful ship. It helps pass the days till Oct!!r

Misty

I just saw your signature and realized I am been looking at you pictures on webshots and they are great!! I bookmarked your pages awhile ago and enjoyed your slideshows. Unfortunately Webshots "lost" some of our pictures and they don't have journal style. Even so I tried to upload our new cruise on the Dream and the upload failed each time. I don't have time to play with it so, I uploaded everything to SmugMug instead. They now have our cruise journals and I am not limited to captions, I can actually write as much as I want. Anyway, I am sure we will watch your slideshows again as our cruise gets closer.

David-n-Rita: I can't find you cruise journals. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

MistyRo76

My Boyfriend and I will also be on the Splendor 10/10 for my birthday. This is only our 2nd cruise but we went once and were hooked.

We had a great time aboard Splendor even though we had to deal with the threat of Hurricane Jemina --

I wrote a detailed review -- you can view it by clicking on the link in my signature block

And before I forget, when we were there last December, there's a duet called "The Innocence" playing Calypso music on the Lido deck at certain times (check your capers). They were absolutely awesome, so don't miss them (if they are still there). If you haven't checked out my videos yet, here's a short clip of "The Innocence":

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978#p/u/15/1KYgY_-JagA

HAHA... I just remembered that I actually had a LIVE daily from the Splendor, just in case you are interested. This is a unique daily report because this was the cruise that the Splendor had an accident in PV and we ended up having a second port day in PV and Matzalan was cancelled.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1103629

HAHA... I just remembered that I actually had a LIVE daily from the Splendor, just in case you are interested. This is a unique daily report because this was the cruise that the Splendor had an accident in PV and we ended up having a second port day in PV and Matzalan was cancelled.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1103629

Thanks!

This is a strange request.. does anyone have a picture of the Splendor from the side..the full length of the ship...I looked online but the photos were taken when the ship was far away..I am looking for one close up..Thanks again to everyone on this thread it is great! Lisa