All Things Splendor

Just off splendor. I hope you enjoy this aft balcony cabin as much as we did. Joesph is gret.pleas tip well. Thanks to PVP Bethe...the cabin location was perfect for us. Port view in PV and MAZ still good considering the construction. Say hi to Putri in the black pearl her staff is super...that it for now

Does anyone know which dining room is used for Your Time Dining? I hope it's the Black Pearl. I like mid-ship dining rooms. Well, even if it isn't the Black Pearl, I'm sure I will love the yummy food!

I dont have anytimed dining but I also hope I get mid ship dining. I've heard midship you feel less movements. Last cruise we were feeling the waves a few times one night and we didnt like it. Thank Goodness for Bonine-lol!

I dont have anytimed dining but I also hope I get mid ship dining. I've heard midship you feel less movements. Last cruise we were feeling the waves a few times one night and we didnt like it. Thank Goodness for Bonine-lol!

We were on the Splendor over Memorial Day and had Anytime Dining. It is in fact in the Black Pearl dining room and only on the upper level. Don't know if it was because it was the first time the Splendor had this dining option or not but, if you get there much later than 6 it takes forever to have you meal!!! We were always seated promptly, but the service takes forever not matter who your server is!!!From 7 on expect at least a 2 hr dinner from menu to dessert!! After the first 2 nights, we started getting there at 5:45 to 6:15 and would be out of the dining room in a little more than an hour!! You can also request a server, and Cam is Excellent!!!!!!!!

I phrased my question wrong. I am on the Riviera deck midship, port side. What is below the Riviera deck.

We had a forward cabin on Riviera deck and below was the crews quarters!! Quietest deck on the ship in my opinion and I loved it!! No noise problems at all

Hi, Twinkle!

Isn't it exciting when you book that next cruise?? When are you sailing?

There are two formal nights on 7-day cruises. I understand the chocolate buffet is around lunch time one day, but I don't know which day on this sailing, but I think I read it's on the last sea day, which would be Saturday.

As far as I know, the pools are salt water. Sorry to your DD. :( My DD has never been bothered by the salt water--she's just thrilled to get into a pool!

If you go to youtube.com and search for Carnival Splendor, you'll see that several people have posted videos. :)

Happy cruising!

We are crusing Jan 2, 2011

DD will have to try the pool again. Maybe if I'm brave enough to do the slide she will too-lol!

I'll have to visit youtube and checkout the videos:)

I just highlight what I need in an e-mail and then in the print instructions select SELECTION instead of ALL.

Gary...THANK YOU for the great tip! I will certainly pay more attention to what I 'highlight'....I was using my laptop....and didn't realize SO MUCH got 'highlighted'..and the 'Selection' option..it's one of those 'only happens once' kind of printer lessons (I hope!) ;)

I appreciate your help....and the photo links on your signature....going to view the Splendor now...thanks for taking the time to 'take & post' all those pics :)

We had a forward cabin on Riviera deck and below was the crews quarters!! Quietest deck on the ship in my opinion and I loved it!! No noise problems at all

I would agree, would be all crew cabins.

Gary...THANK YOU for the great tip! I will certainly pay more attention to what I 'highlight'....I was using my laptop....and didn't realize SO MUCH got 'highlighted'..and the 'Selection' option..it's one of those 'only happens once' kind of printer lessons (I hope!) ;)

I appreciate your help....and the photo links on your signature....going to view the Splendor now...thanks for taking the time to 'take & post' all those pics :)

Glad I could be of help, Karen . . . however, I should point out some WEBSITES (particularly news sites) have articles that don't allow one to just highlight a portion of it. Don't know why, just run across that now and then. :)

Does anyone know which dining room is used for Your Time Dining? I hope it's the Black Pearl. I like mid-ship dining rooms. Well, even if it isn't the Black Pearl, I'm sure I will love the yummy food!

Your time dining...the Black Pearl...upper level...ask for Putri or Camilo section.

That is the information I was hoping for. I just didn't ask correctly the first time. Now after talking with hubby we are thinking about upgrading to a balcony. lol

Great news. Less motion in the center dining room. Which section should I ask for first? Putri's or Camilo's section? Thanks!

crossing fingers for mid dining room. How can i tell which diningroom we got or do we have to wait until the day of the cruise????

crossing fingers for mid dining room. How can i tell which diningroom we got or do we have to wait until the day of the cruise????

It'll be on your S & S card. I usually check out my table location ASAP. If you don't like where you are, speak to the MD, who's usually at 1 of the MDRs after 1:30.

When we get on the ship if we speak to the MD will they give us a table for 4? We just upgraded to a spa cabin deck 11 anyone stayed up there just curious about the motion..Thanks again for all the great info ..lisa

Is there any ship Coordinator's for the Splendor. On HAL you may email them your requests for the MDR, times & table sizes. We have 6 pm dinner any Idea where we will end up. Also is the Sushi bar open for L & D only. GREAT THREAD.....Thanks

Is there any ship Coordinator's for the Splendor. On HAL you may email them your requests for the MDR, times & table sizes. We have 6 pm dinner any Idea where we will end up. Also is the Sushi bar open for L & D only. GREAT THREAD.....Thanks

To my knowledge there isn't this role on Carnival ships. I asked my PVP to submit our request for table size. We're confirmed for our seating but won't know what size table until we're on the ship.

I'm also curious about the sushi, so hope someone can answer that question, too. :)

Hi, Twinkle!

Isn't it exciting when you book that next cruise?? When are you sailing?

There are two formal nights on 7-day cruises. I understand the chocolate buffet is around lunch time one day, but I don't know which day on this sailing, but I think I read it's on the last sea day, which would be Saturday.

As far as I know, the pools are salt water. Sorry to your DD. :( My DD has never been bothered by the salt water--she's just thrilled to get into a pool!

If you go to youtube.com and search for Carnival Splendor, you'll see that several people have posted videos. :)

Happy cruising!

Or if you just click on the link below, it will take you to my Splendor videos on youtube. :cool:

Can anyone answer the sushi question?? :confused::)

This is from Carnival's Web site:

The Sushi Bar located on the Promenade Deck is open nightly prior to the dinner hours. Sake is available at a nominal cost.

Haven't actually been ON the ship yet ... so, maybe someone who has can let us know if this is right. DH and DD will most likely be at the Sushi Bar daily ... hopefully they'll still be hungry for the MDR!:eek:

Edited by Inklight

The Sushi Bar located on the Promenade Deck is open nightly prior to the dinner hours. Sake is available at a nominal cost.

Haven't actually been ON the ship yet ... so, maybe someone who has can let us know if this is right. DH and DD will most likely be at the Sushi Bar daily ... hopefully they'll still be hungry for the MDR!:eek:

Thanks, Inklight! Appreciate it. :)

Great news. Less motion in the center dining room. Which section should I ask for first? Putri's or Camilo's section? Thanks!

I would suggest Putri. Her 3 person team its very attentive...and if you're celerbrating something don't be surprised if you get a song. Oh, there is a bar waiter working the upper level that is super nice. By the way my wife loved the food (not the onion soup) and actually raved about the deserts.

Or if you just click on the link below, it will take you to my Splendor videos on youtube. :cool:

Thanks for the video link ... I enjoyed watching your Splendor trip! It helps to see the ship and ports from a passengers point-of-view ... looks like you had a good time! I look forward to watching your other videos as well. :)

Have been on Splendor twice. It's not always sushi. Several nights they serve tapas (tiny bites with a Mediterranean theme). If you love sushi, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. It is not what you might expect. California roll, unagi (eel) and a few other cooked pieces of fish. None is raw.