All Things Splendor

We've had your time dining twice now on Paradise and we also loved it! So I'm very pleased that you were happy with it on the Splendor. Now I know I made the right choice.

Do you remember what other movies were shown on the Movies Under the Stars? Were you cold while watching the movie?

What were your favorite food places?

Thanks so much! :)

I dont remember all the movies, but I know one night it was GI Joe, and on another night it was the second Twighlight movie. In the cabin, they were playing Hurt Locker, Terminator Salvation, and some others. The only problem with the ones in the cabin is they never listed what time they were playing. We were under the stars except on the last night which was the night I went. They provide blankets for you if you need one. The only thing that was odd was pop corn was $1.50. You can grab a whole pizza pie for free, but a little thing of pop corn $1.50! Kinda funny.

My favorite food places was the MDR of course, and I loved the deli, and mongolian grill. I was looking forward to the burrito bar, and on the last day I went to get one and they were closed:(. So next year when I go back, I will grab one first thing. My buddy got a steak and shrimp burrito, and it looked really really good. I did also enjoyed the steak house and will reserve that again just so I can try something new off the menu.

Edited by AZchieffan

A PERFECT 'copy&paste' post! Thanks so much for the info! And re: zip lining....that 'long walk' before is good to know...and would most likely eliminate that from my 'to do' list! Although, healthier than ever, have some restrictions due to leg....I've just learned to 'live WITH it'....and know that 'what & what not' to do! There's plenty I can do....thanks again for the info...esp. about evening shows...those sound good too! And...hadn't even thought about Steakhouse....which night did you go? (since our itinerary is the same)

Also...(I keep thinking of other ?'s =) Did you ever watch the 'outdoor movies'? And....did they have the 'reggae-style' music in Lido deck for sail away? I always enjoy having a DOD and listening to the music....I get 'so in the mood' before the ship even sails!!! Some of our funniest stories are from the first few hours on the ship!

Will it help at all to know that we celebrated our mom's birthday zip lining in PV, and it was just 6 months after she had broken her hip and leg? Oh, and she was celebrating her 70th birthday? While a good workout, it was not unbearable, and the guides were terrific, helping those who needed it most with carrying gear, etc. I'd hate to see you miss out. It was amazing!

Thanks Azchieffan! I'm reading your comments too! I can hardly wait to get on the Splendor. September isn't getting here soon enough.

Your welcome. I love Cruise Critic for just that. All the information I have received from here really does help. All my friends that cruised with me would always ask " where did you find that information?"

Will it help at all to know that we celebrated our mom's birthday zip lining in PV, and it was just 6 months after she had broken her hip and leg? Oh, and she was celebrating her 70th birthday? While a good workout, it was not unbearable, and the guides were terrific, helping those who needed it most with carrying gear, etc. I'd hate to see you miss out. It was amazing!

Wow....6 mos post-op & zip lining....for her 70th! What an awesome family memory you all created!! That IS good info to know...and I just might look into it more. I'm a bit 'shy of 70'...however, let's just say that I could join AARP:) AND... in better shape than I was 20 yrs ago! Working on strengthening my my leg muscles....which will help my knees. And...just lost 30 pounds....another 20 to go...and it'll be like I am 25 yrs old again :p...thank goodness, I'm a little wiser, tho!

Really appreciate this Splendor & port info..I agree w/Mike....CC is where I've gotten all my info on previous cruises. About 2 months before a cruise...I get back on the boards...and start reading...and 'copy&paste', then print and have a folder full of info...go thru...highlight....and by the time we cruise....I feel like I have the 'important' things decided.

When we get on the ship, the first thing I need to do...is request a 'curved-style' booth for 3 in the MDR for our late seating.....then...DOD in hand, dance a little to the reggae music and EXPLORE the ship!!! I just love those first few hours on the ship! Before that ship leaves the dock...I AM ON 'SO ON VACATION and have made at least 6 new friends! :D

Thanks again for 'all things Splendor....and the great port tips'....thanks to Mike's info...we'll be going to Stone Island, Lety's & renting ATVs...oh, and eating coconut shrimp:p

Are the door's locked and are they heavy and hard to swing open

No the doors are not locked, but they are heavy, and sometimes the wind is intense and makes it hard to open them. Just remember those windows go to someone's cabin, so don't do anything rash, or make too much noise.

Just had to share one of those 'omg' moments w/my Splendor friends. I was all excited about my 'copy&paste' helpful hints I have saved...so I decided to print them tonight......well....apparently, when I 'copied'....I got a little more than I bargained for.....I printed a doc that I simply saved as 'Port Tips'.....on 'fast draft' setting, thank goodness.

It printed, and printed and PRINTED...I didn't pull out the paper tray, so papers are 'flying' everywhere... remember the I Love Lucy episode with Lucy at the chocolate dipping candy conveyor belt...and the chocolates were coming out so fast, she couldn't keep up with them...she's stuffing them in her mouth, bra, pockets, etc??? That's what I felt like (and I know...I should know how to get into the dang computer and 'stop/cancel' print...but I'm over 50..that's my excuse...and my teenage daughter was gone) :eek:

I just started putting the printed papers back in, upside down..so they would print on both sides...just trying to save some of the paper....when all was 'done'.....it must be 80+ pages long (and half are 2-sided printed) ...and NO...I haven't read all the 'tips' tonight!!! Think I'll wait.

Just had to share...hope I 'painted a visual' to bring a smile to all your faces :) It was a memorable Cruise Critic Board moment for me :p

Just had to share one of those 'omg' moments w/my Splendor friends. I was all excited about my 'copy&paste' helpful hints I have saved...so I decided to print them tonight......well....apparently, when I 'copied'....I got a little more than I bargained for.....I printed a doc that I simply saved as 'Port Tips'.....on 'fast draft' setting, thank goodness.

It printed, and printed and PRINTED...I didn't pull out the paper tray, so papers are 'flying' everywhere... remember the I Love Lucy episode with Lucy at the chocolate dipping candy conveyor belt...and the chocolates were coming out so fast, she couldn't keep up with them...she's stuffing them in her mouth, bra, pockets, etc??? That's what I felt like (and I know...I should know how to get into the dang computer and 'stop/cancel' print...but I'm over 50..that's my excuse...and my teenage daughter was gone) :eek:

I just started putting the printed papers back in, upside down..so they would print on both sides...just trying to save some of the paper....when all was 'done'.....it must be 80+ pages long (and half are 2-sided printed) ...and NO...I haven't read all the 'tips' tonight!!! Think I'll wait.

Just had to share...hope I 'painted a visual' to bring a smile to all your faces :) It was a memorable Cruise Critic Board moment for me :p

Hahahaha! At least you have some good lunch-time reading for today! Of course it may take an hour to get it organized so you can read it!! :D

Been there and done that, especially from my yahoo mail. When you reply it saves the email that was received below it. Trade email for a week and then go to print a recipe in an email and have pages and pages you weren't expecting.....BTW you can stop it by pulling the paper out of the feeder tray and then canceling the print.....from experience;)

I officially get to tag along on this thread now-lol! We booked our cruise earlier today---yipeeee!!!!

This will be our 2nd cruise. 1st cruise was on paradise. We didnt do breakfast in the MDR and didnt realize there was also lunch in the MDR. I guess i was on info overload for a 1st timer-lol! I also missed the

tea time:(

I just took a look at the menu and i'm so hungry now. Is there photos of splendor food from MRD? I'm a visual person.

On a 7day is there 1 or 2 formal nights? How does it dress wise compare to paradise on formal night?

DD11 wants to know is splendor a lot bigger then paradise or just a lil bit.

When is tea time?

Is there a chocolate buffet and when is it? Can you tell I love food-heheheh!

Is there fish and chips?

Is the pool salt water? DD didnt like the salt water pool on paradise. I didnt get in the pool so can your skin tell the difference? I know she didnt want to go down the slide because she was afraid to get water in her mouth plus she had a cut on her finger.

I'm so excited and looking forward to this cruise. I'm already thinkiing what will i eat for lunch when i board... burrito, hamburger(didnt try one on 1st cruise), fish n chips(if theres one). Cant think what else they have hmmm.

i officially get to tag along on this thread now-lol! We booked our cruise earlier today---yipeeee!!!!

This will be our 2nd cruise. 1st cruise was on paradise. We didnt do breakfast in the mdr and didnt realize there was also lunch in the mdr. I guess i was on info overload for a 1st timer-lol! I also missed the

tea time:(

i just took a look at the menu and i'm so hungry now. Is there photos of splendor food from mrd? I'm a visual person.

On a 7day is there 1 or 2 formal nights? How does it dress wise compare to paradise on formal night? 2 formal- dress same as paradise

dd11 wants to know is splendor a lot bigger then paradise or just a lil bit.a bit bigger- mdr is in back of ship, as opposed to 2 mdrs

when is tea time?

Is there a chocolate buffet and when is it? Can you tell i love food-heheheh!last sea day- take back some fudge to your refrigerator, but steward will take it out night before you disembark!

is there fish and chips?

Is the pool salt water? Dd didnt like the salt water pool on paradise. I didnt get in the pool so can your skin tell the difference? I know she didnt want to go down the slide because she was afraid to get water in her mouth plus she had a cut on her finger.

I'm so excited and looking forward to this cruise. I'm already thinkiing what will i eat for lunch when i board... Burrito, hamburger(didnt try one on 1st cruise), fish n chips(if theres one). Cant think what else they have hmmm.warm chocolate melting cake!

see replies above

Hi, Twinkle!

Isn't it exciting when you book that next cruise?? When are you sailing?

There are two formal nights on 7-day cruises. I understand the chocolate buffet is around lunch time one day, but I don't know which day on this sailing, but I think I read it's on the last sea day, which would be Saturday.

As far as I know, the pools are salt water. Sorry to your DD. :( My DD has never been bothered by the salt water--she's just thrilled to get into a pool!

If you go to youtube.com and search for Carnival Splendor, you'll see that several people have posted videos. :)

Happy cruising!

Hi Twinklen01!

Congrats on booking your cruise ... I'm excitedly awaiting ours on the Splendor in August.

There will be two formal nights (well, elegant nights) and, as I understand it, they will be on the first full At Sea day and then again on the Cabo day.

To your DD11 - The Splendor will definitely be larger than the Paradise. And while I haven't sailed on the Paradise, I have sailed on her sister ship the Imagination ... both Fantasy Class ships. The Paradise has 10 decks for passengers and the Splendor has 13 decks for passengers. The Splendor can also hold about 1,000 more passengers than the Paradise. Yes, I think it will be a bit larger!

I have never made it to Tea Time ... but, I want to! Maybe this time around.

The Splendor does have two MDRs ... the Black Pearl is Midship and the Gold Pearl is Aft. If you ask me, everything is yummy!

Have fun planning your cruise!

is lemonade avaiable in the MDR ? on my last cruise I had water the first 2 nights. The 3rd night i asked for it but waiter never brought it. 4th night I didnt bother asking for it and the waitor brought it to me and said "oh I forgot it the night before". Not sure if they have it with in the back easily available to them. DD had a soda card so she was ok. I just didnt care for their ice tea- and I'm a big ice tea drinker.

Been there and done that, especially from my yahoo mail. When you reply it saves the email that was received below it. Trade email for a week and then go to print a recipe in an email and have pages and pages you weren't expecting.....BTW you can stop it by pulling the paper out of the feeder tray and then canceling the print.....from experience;)

I just highlight what I need in an e-mail and then in the print instructions select SELECTION instead of ALL.

I have a midship port side OV cabin booked. What is below me on the Riviera deck? Will there be a noise issue?

Thanks for any assistance.

Brenda

Riviera deck below you is also cabins . . . excellent choice, IMHO. Noise shouldn't be an issue . . . most noise comes from the ceiling anyway, seldom through the floor.