new prohibited item list

smd1234

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not exceed 700 watts and should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

LOL! Who's is going to determine if they pose a fire hazard:confused: Boy that has cover my butt written all over it.........

Notice the red! No one uses hair dryers that are that weak, that is the complaint with the ones on the ship to begin with.

Lets just be happy we have a list.Just no dollar store power strips and fans and duct taped curling irons.Take your white noise machines and sleep well.

Make a copy of the list to take with you.

Do the suites have hairdryers on the Ecstasy?

Nope. None of the rooms on Ecstasy have hairdryers. Pack your own or you'll save LOTs of money on pictures like I did.:)

Ta Ta all and happy sailing. I'm not even gonna try to decipher the obscure new list. There are too many other vacaction options.

Happy Sailing all!

"Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided."

So power strips are not banned? :confused::confused:

So for clarification....electric fans are okay as long as they are in good working order??

Host Mach....see...I knew there would be questions. ;):p:o

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

• Alcohol in unsealed containers

So are they saying we can't bring our alcohol on board, but we can drink it all while in line to board? That'll make it a FUN embarkation line!

"Should" is not a requirement.

1875 watts could be correct - it probably adds at 125 volts which is 15 amps which most household circuits can handle - as long as you don't plug anything else into the same circuit. On a cruise ship it may work for a while. if a breaker blows, that's what the electricians are for. :cool:

At the very top:

"Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided."

Nice, so now they made it ultra clear that they can take and destroy almost anything at all without any compensation.

You can't take a boat or canoe on board, geeeeeesh.....would someone really try that? Wait don't answer....lol :p

I was thinking the same thing but then again it probably wouldn't be on the list if someone hadn't tried to bring one on, right?

Clean out the dust bunnies and make sure the cord is broken or frayed and you should be fine.

.....I can understand the dust bunnies, but why would they be okay if they make sure the cord is broken or frayed? According to the link, that's what they are checking for.

:confused:

wasiii

Ta Ta all and happy sailing. I'm not even gonna try to decipher the obscure new list. There are too many other vacaction options.

Happy Sailing all!

And most of those vacation options (especially if travel is involved) will have similar "caveats".

That is the ultimate "cover your butt statement".

Question along these lines if you are inline checking in and they flag something say a bad power strip do you have the option of returning to your vehicle (if there) and securing?

.....I can understand the dust bunnies, but why would they be okay if they make sure the cord is broken or frayed? According to the link, that's what they are checking for.

:confused:

wasiii

Hmmm seems to be a "not" missing I wonder where it went...

... oh, here it is in my database query, no wonder that wasn't working.

I just checked my hair dryer and it says 1875W! Could that be right?!?!?!

Meredisney - Yes, that sound right. Most all of them now days have a LOT more watts than 700! Who could dry their hair with a mere 700 watt dryer - NOT ME! Well, I'm still taking mine (wasn't that expensive to begin with), and if they take it, oh well! I just don't like the fact that they are going to "determine" if it is old, ect! Doesn't seem to be any "clear" guidelines, which leaves it wide open! Oh well, guess we will just have to see how it goes!

Sue

Archived