new prohibited item list

smd1234

The best thing on the prohibitited Items list....Heely's. I hate those shoes kids weeving in and out on them

But how can they prohibit medical mary jane if it is prescribed

You don't need to take your mary jane with you, pick it up in Jamaica!

Put the hair dryer and extension cord in a gift box and if they ask for it to be opened tell them you brought it to give to your wife for her birthday on the cruise to use at home....lol
Brilliant! I am putting my rum runners in there too.

No handcuffs??:eek: Hubby will be very disappointed..;):D

Then take some zip ties.....;)

Unsealed containers = Rum Runners, mouthwash bottles, wineskins etc etc.

These will be tossed. The other will be returned at the end of the cruise.

Thats is why I take mine in the original container!!

How's ol' Thurston doing these days? I thought you and him weren't on talking terms.

Rumor has it he cant hear good anyway...

So when are they going to ban smoking? I keep finding cigarette butts on my aft balcony thrown overboard from above. They pose more of a risk than many of the items on Carnival's list! Yet they sell cigarettes onboard!!!

I am a Platinum Carnival guest. The first time that Carnival confiscates my power strip or fan, that will be my last Carnival cruise.

I want everyone to be safe, but this has gotten rediculous. I don't take a cruise vacation to be hassled.

I am a Platinum Carnival guest. The first time that Carnival confiscates my power strip or fan, that will be my last Carnival cruise.

I want everyone to be safe, but this has gotten rediculous. I don't take a cruise vacation to be hassled.

I feel the same way you do! :mad:

Carnival if you are reading this.....I don't go on vacation to be hassled!

It is quite simple. Dont take stuff on the list that may be questionable. Dont try to hide it.

If I were to take a hairdryer and or powerstrip I would be inclined to put it in my carry on and approach them first.

Be cordial.. Excuse me I read the new items list and I have this and this it is new and blah blah blah.

I would bet even a 6 billion watt hairdryer brought on would be allowed if the person briging it was cordial and up front about it.

Ok maybe a 5billion watt one.

I'm really concerned about a rent-a-cop minimum wage security person rifling through my belongings.

You hve cruised before.... why are you all of a sudden worried about it now?

I feel the same way you do! :mad:

Carnival if you are reading this.....I don't go on vacation to be hassled!

You are right of course. If someone wants to harm the ship they do not have to bring anything at all with them.

Is this right ...you may not use a metal detector onboard because what you find belongs to Carnival but you can bring one for use ashore. If things worsen an organized boycott may be the answer.

Wow...how dare them??

We choose to cruise on Carnival...ships that, by the way, are owned by Carnival...and Carnival sets the rules...and we're upset because Carnival's rules are different from what we want to do just because it is what we've always done??

Change...Change...Change...Change...no one likes it but it happens every day.

Perhaps those who do not like the rules on Carnival should look elsewhere or better yet purchase their own ships and make the rules themselves. Until then, we're stuck with Carnival's rules (or the rules of whichever cruiseline we chose to cruise) and we need to remember that rules have only been made because someone somewhere did something that caused something bad to happen to someone.

I've put on my kevlar suit...so go ahead and flame away...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why has overreaction become the norm??? I just went to Carnivals site and read the restrictions. I fail to see anything worthy of all the raised voices. Most of it is simply urging passengers to use caution and common sense. I can see where those who regulary use curling irons might be dissapointed, but is this really the end of the world as we know it?

Archived