20th Cruise with Princess - Upgrade?

wdrl

We just completed our 19th cruise with Princess and are thinking about our next cruise. The Captain's Circle Host indicated that since our next cruise will be our 20th we'll get some extra perks but didn't say what they are. I know that many of you that post here on CC have already sailed more than 20 times so I'm asking what perk did you receive from Princess on your 20th cruise.

Do you get an upgrade? If so, is it to the next level, e.g. we book an outside obstructed, we are upgraded to an outside cabin, or do they really give you an upgrade to a suite? The suite upgrade may have been a rumor I heard or read. I also thought I heard you'd be invited to the CC luncheon (even if you don't make the list for the most cruise days).

If we really would get upgraded to a suite, we definitely want to make sure our 20th cruise is a long.

We have 17 cruises on Princess and have not receveid any perks beyond the as advertised Captain Circle Platinumj/Elite perks etc.

From what I've read on these boards any such perks / upgrades are the luck of the draw, so to speak.

If you do get something because of 20 cruises, please post it.

Thanks and enjoy the cruise when you book it..

Actually, if I am not mistaken, the perk she was referring to was the $25 onboard credit supplied by the Captain's Circle, but (someone correct me if I am wrong here) I think that begins with the 21st sailing, not the 20th.

As for an upgrade, I wouldn't count on that either, it can happen, but it usually has nothing to do at all with the number of cruises you have sailed on, just the luck of the computer draw. Good luck though!

Actually, if I am not mistaken, the perk she was referring to was the $25 onboard credit supplied by the Captain's Circle, but (someone correct me if I am wrong here) I think that begins with the 21st sailing, not the 20th.

I think you are right.

In the 21st century, cruisers who have been on 20 trips with a certain cruise line are not really considered that special.

You should ask the Captain's Circle Hostess on your next cruise how many passengers onboard have been on 20 trips or more. If she is able to answer you, the number will be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 - depending on the season and the itinerary. That's one-third to one-half of the ship.

On a Holland America ship, nearly all the passengers have 20 or more cruises.

When you hit 200 cruises, come back and talk again. You won't be nearly at the top, but will then have some bragging rights.

It seems like you really don't get anything that special for loyalty with any of the cruise lines, anymore :(. I guess, you just choose which cruise line you like and if the price is right. I think someone who has cruised with the same cruise line 20 times should receive something special, but that's just me. Of course, if you use your Princess Credit Card, all those cruises, you would end up with better benefits from the credit card then Princess gives you:D

In the 21st century, cruisers who have been on 20 trips with a certain cruise line are not really considered that special.

You should ask the Captain's Circle Hostess on your next cruise how many passengers onboard have been on 20 trips or more. If she is able to answer you, the number will be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 - depending on the season and the itinerary. That's one-third to one-half of the ship.

When you hit 200 cruises, come back and talk again. You won't be nearly at the top, but will then have some bragging rights.

I think you are overstating the number with 20+ cruises. Nowhere near half the ship. I'd be surprised if the number of Elite (15+ cruises) is as much as 500 on most cruises. The additional benefit is a $25 OBC starting with the 21st cruise.

I think you are overstating the number with 20+ cruises. Nowhere near half the ship. I'd be surprised if the number of Elite (15+ cruises) is as much as 500 on most cruises. The additional benefit is a $25 OBC starting with the 21st cruise.

I agree. Just walk down any random hall and count the % of Black (Elite) cards on the doors. It's maybe 20 to 25% on most cruises.

I agree. Just walk down any random hall and count the % of Black (Elite) cards on the doors. It's maybe 20 to 25% on most cruises.

As BruceMuzz posted, it all depends on how long the cruise is & time of year to determine how may Elites there will be on board. I've found that in the fall & winter months you would need around 300 + days to be invited to the Captains lunch & just two weeks ago the number dropped to 157 days with almost half the ship being first time cruisers.

It would really be nice to have an upper category created with a few extra special perks since there are so many higher numbers of repeat cruisers - possibly a coupon to the Specialty restaurants, extra internet minutes or a free day in the Sanctuary.

Since I manage cruise ships for a living, I don't have to walk down the corridors and count the cards. I just look at the reports delivered to my desk at the beginning of every cruise.

Why should they give you anything extra? You have already shown that you will keep returning. This is not meant in a nasty way.:)

Bucky,

That's exactly the way the Cruise Line Presidents look at it.

They know that a certain small percentage will keep returning no matter what they get - or not get.

They also know that a much larger percentage shops for three things: Price, Price, and Price. These people will only come back if it's cheap. No other reason.

Finally, they know that all their cruises will be sold out without giving any further rewards. Why throw money at people who are standing in line to buy your product already?

It's always about the money.

I'm on cruise #26 or #27 (I forgot) and NEVER received an upgrade. But I did get the $25 shipboard credit.

First, I want to be you!

Second, I think I'd rather have the $25 -- that works out to be 3.5 martinis!

Since I manage cruise ships for a living, I don't have to walk down the corridors and count the cards. I just look at the reports delivered to my desk at the beginning of every cruise.

I'm impressed.

You really should try walking the corridors to see the number of repeat cruisers and comparing reality with your reports.

Mike:p

Bruce, I have never been on a cruise with even that many Elites, let alone 20+. The most I've ever been told about on board, at the Captain's Circle Party, was 380 - the least - 15.

I think you're overshooting your estimates a tad. :rolleyes:

Well, either your reports are right and the Circle host is lying as well as the room signs are all incorrect, or your reports are a little off.

Are they based on verifiable data for each passenger's tenure at the reporting cruise line, or are they a collation of self-reported cruise experience, by the passengers, counting all their cruise line voyages? You know the old "How many other cruises have you taken with each line - please fill in here."

If it's the latter, its hardly verifiable data.

Bruce, I have never been on a cruise with even that many Elites, let alone 20+. The most I've ever been told about on board, at the Captain's Circle Party, was 380 - the least - 15.

On a 7 day voyage on the Emerald in December (3100 capacity counting lower berths) there were 77 Elite or about 2.5% of the passengers. In all likelihood, not all of the 77 had at least 20 Princess cruises.

On a 14 day voyage on the Ocean in February (670 passengers counting only lower berths), there were 70 elite or about 10.4% of the passengers. Again, probably not all of these had at least 20 Princess cruises.

On a 10 day voyage on the Crown last fall (3100 again) there were 133 elite or about 4.3% of the passengers. Probably not all of these had at least 20 Princess cruises.

I asked on another board but I dont think you saw my post. I was curious if you manage competing cruise ships/lines or just one line?

Bucky,

That's exactly the way the Cruise Line Presidents look at it.

They know that a certain small percentage will keep returning no matter what they get - or not get.

They also know that a much larger percentage shops for three things: Price, Price, and Price. These people will only come back if it's cheap. No other reason.

Finally, they know that all their cruises will be sold out without giving any further rewards. Why throw money at people who are standing in line to buy your product already?

It's always about the money.

I do agree it always about the money but there could be some minimal perks for the top Elites which hardly cost the cruise line that much money. How many Elites on any cruise could there possibly be who have 25 or more cruises or say 250 days? Even a benefit of having perked coffee included for top Elites thrown in couldn't possible cost that much.

What does someone get for being the most traveled passenger? And, how do you know who traveled the most?

The top three most traveled passengers on every sailing receive a crystal looking paperweight type thing with the area you sailed enscribed on it (see attachment below). All three also receive a bottle of champagne (the #1 most traveled receives a nicer bottle then the other two). They are presented at the Captain's Circle cocktail party to the other captain's circle members attending. And if there is a luncheon, the top three sit with the Captain, with the most travled sitting at the Captain's side at lunch.

Award.jpg.0873f413b2f269be6fbc95e02466b010.jpg

Archived