Allure of the Seas--Boardwalk or Central Park balcony cabin?

Complete Oasis-class rookie (and relative RCCL rookie) checking in...

I'm currently contemplating an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Allure on January 2011, and facing a bit of a snap decision on whether to book a Boardwalk or a Central Park balcony cabin...

On one hand, I read on one thread that if you book an aft Boardwalk balcony, you'd get excellent views of both the AquaTheater show and the ocean... on the other hand, I enjoy having a quiet cabin, and I'm a little concerned about noise levels. Meanwhile, I think there's less written about Central Park balcony cabins on the forums... but the fact it's not near the AquaTheater might mean less exposure to noise. Also, my room preference is skewed midship--so would that mean the view on the Boardwalk/Central Park is more nondescript compared to an aft view of the Boardwalk?

Based on the above information, would anyone have any recommendations on whether I should take a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony? Thanks in advance!

(And while I do love oceanview balconies--and in fact got off of a very enjoyable cruise on the Star Princess where I enjoyed my first-ever view of the sea through a balcony--I think staying in either of Boardwalk or the Central Park balcony cabins would be a unique experience for me, so I haven't put oceanview balconies under consideration.)

I stayed in an ocean view balcony on Oasis. It was wonderful. It was my opinion that staying in a Central Park balcony would be like staying in a room overlooking an Embassy Suites lobby; I would imagine you'd feel somewhat enclosed. You definitely would not have to worry about noise. The Boardwalk only seemed busy during shows and events like the belly flop contest. I would think it would be cool to be able to see the things going on there, but that's what I enjoy.

Have fun!

On nights when they have the water show, Broadway Balcs will hear loud music in the room until 11:30pm. In the day time, sometimes there is noise depending on where you are. (The more aft the better I think.) If you want real quiet and mid ship, Central Park is the way to go. (But then you lose the sea view.)

Edited by toras

We sailed on the Oasis May 8th sailing and had Central Park balcony cabin #11643. The cabin was great and the Central Park view was nice, however, it was like being in a city instead of on a ship. I'm glad I did it just because it's something new but I won't do it again. You can only see the park if you are standing up and looking over the balcony. If you sit down all you see is the cabins across from you or you can look up to the backs of the pool chairs on the pool deck.

Our travel friends were in a Crown Loft Suite facing aft and did say there was a lot of noise with the Aqua Theater. So I would assume the same would hold true with the Boardwalk cabins. The Boardwalk cabins if you are far enough aft would allow you a small view of the ocean, boardwalk and Aqua Theater if you wanted that.

For the money I'd recommend oceanview! It's peaceful, private and the scenery changes every day!

Just my opinion!

We were in 9315 on Oasis for the Naming Ceremony cruise and, the 4 day Labadee Extravaganza. We had an excellent Boardwalk and Aqua theater view. We could also sea the ocean behind the theater pool. We were maybe 8 cabins from the aft. The closer to the aft, the better theater and ocean view you get. During the day we had an excellent view of the Aqua theater's practices and rehearsals. Very interesting and enjoyable. We learned some of the back stage tricks.

We are light sleepers, and never had a real problem with noise. We were told the Boardwalk balconies were built with special sound resistant glass to cut off much of the noise. It worked for us. Never had a bad night's sleep.

And we would never trade it for a Central Park, or Embassy Suites view.

We have Allure in December for her maiden voyage. We have a D8 on deck 6, just steps from the Boardwalk, this time with an ocean view balcony. More ocean view, less Boardwalk view, but extremely convenient to both.

Rick and Deirdra

Personally I wouldn't book either, but since you are asking I would have to say Central Park balcony. The boardwalk is very busy during the day and night and that's not something we are interested in looking down at all day long. Central Park is beautiful at night. It's simply more interesting, IMO.

You'll get all kinds of answers about this for all kinds of reasons; in the end it's your own decision, of course. Does an ocean view not interest you at all? As someone else stated, an "inside" balcony is like being in a mall or basically anywhere in a city. When I cruise, I want to know the ocean is out there, hence we will always book an ocean balcony.

I'd consider a Boardwalk or Central Park cabin only if they're MUCH cheaper than ocean view balcony cabins.

The internal balcony cabins might sound unusual but their only "advance" is the possibility to watch the life in the opposite side staterooms (and their - to watch your life). Their real value is somewhat similar to Promenade stateroms on Voyager/Freedom class. You see little of the sea in the public areas on Oasis - why would you add the same problem to you cabin?

As for Boardwalk VS. Central Park - IMHO Central Park is somewhat better (but not the highest deck), except the Boardwak cabins closest to the aft - you should be able to see much of the sea from there.

I think i have to agree with the other posters, for me it would have to be an ocean view balcony every time as I really love the sunset views over the ocean and the arriving in a "new port" view which for me is so exciting! Booked on the Allure with an ocean view balcony next year as we all thought looking at other balconies from our balconies would defeat the purpose of being on a cruise in the first place. But that's just my family's humble opinion- I do realise there are many fans of C/P views etc.I 'm sure whatever you chose will be ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!:p

We had a Central Park C-1 on deck 12 on our February sailing. I loved it. We loved it so much we booked the same stateroom on Allure for both the Inaugural and Pre-Inaugural sailings.

We have sailed with oceanview balconies many times. On sea days it was much more enjoyable to people watch on Central park. Unlike a sea view balcony the scenery changes minute by minute.

One earlier poster said if you are sitting down all you can see if the stateroom across from you. This must be from someone who has never tried the inside balcony. The safety barrier is all glass and you get excellent views sitting down.

The bottom line is, there is no bad place to be on the Oasis. With all there is to do, who has time to worry about the stateroom anyway. The beds are all alike

Thank you so much for all the feedback regarding which balcony is the best choice on the Allure!

We've decided to book one of the aft Boardwalk cabins, so we can see the sea and the water shows. It should be a very unique experience. For any other cruise ship, I'd choose an oceanview balcony... but this is an Oasis-class ship, so I'd love to try something new. Perhaps I can take some pictures that are as amazing as the pictures on the thread I'd linked to on the original post.

I guess my opinion is based around the fact that anytime I was someplace that I could see an inside cabin I would naturally try to look into the cabin. I wasn't trying to see anything I shouldn't but in most cases it's all there is to look at. A good example was when I was leaning against the rail watching the zip line people, you could just look a little down and there was the rooms. I just find it creepy that people can look in, but if that is something you don't care about then it might be a good choice.

The other thing I noticed was that central park was very windy while at sea. Not sure if that is the case on the balcony rooms there or not but that might also be a consideration.

Just a few of my thoughts good luck and have fun.

MTSHQ

Interesting, I thought the Boardwalk and Central Park balconies would get sold after the oceanviews were sold out. Even though I willingly booked a mega ship (Allure), I still want the traditional oceanview and booked very early to make sure I got one with pullman and sofa (bed).

• 6 years later...

Just booked allure boardwalk balcony room 10711 and 10713 for August 12-19 2018 western Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale . Seems like they are mid boardwalk area. Kids get free soda package, one rock climbing adventure, and one family meal at Jonny rockets included. Got it really early in order to get connecting rooms. Hope it's a good view of ocean and theatre!

Edited by Spicoli15
Grammer

We stayed in BW 10329 on Oasis in 2013 and are staying once again in BW 10329 on Allure in April. We LOVED this room. We never experienced any issues with noise day or night. Yes, there is some hustle and bustle during the day, but that is everywhere on the ship. At night during shows there is sound, but we didn't find it to be any cause for problems. The view from that room is fantastic! AquaTheater and ocean. We really like deck 10 because you are high enough off the direct BW and low enough from the sports deck. Some folks mention they feel like to many people can see into your cabin - my thought on this - if they have nothing better to do then try to see into my cabin they must be pretty bored. Also, you do get some sun on that balcony during the day, unlike higher floors that don't get any because of the overhang from the flowriders. I don't hesitate to recommend a BW cabin to anyone!! Now with the new "perk" you get a free soda package, meal at Johnny Rockets, and free lesson on rock climbing wall.

Just booked allure boardwalk balcony room 10711 and 10713 for August 12-19 2018 western Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale . Seems like they are mid boardwalk area. Kids get free soda package, one rock climbing adventure, and one family meal at Jonny rockets included. Got it really early in order to get connecting rooms. Hope it's a good view of ocean and theatre!

Just curious as to why you posted this on a 7 year old thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed in BW 10329 on Oasis in 2013 and are staying once again in BW 10329 on Allure in April. We LOVED this room. We never experienced any issues with noise day or night. Yes, there is some hustle and bustle during the day, but that is everywhere on the ship. At night during shows there is sound, but we didn't find it to be any cause for problems. The view from that room is fantastic! AquaTheater and ocean. We really like deck 10 because you are high enough off the direct BW and low enough from the sports deck. Some folks mention they feel like to many people can see into your cabin - my thought on this - if they have nothing better to do then try to see into my cabin they must be pretty bored. Also, you do get some sun on that balcony during the day, unlike higher floors that don't get any because of the overhang from the flowriders. I don't hesitate to recommend a BW cabin to anyone!! Now with the new "perk" you get a free soda package, meal at Johnny Rockets, and free lesson on rock climbing wall.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding BW 10329 on the Allure. I've booked this very cabin for my upcoming cruise on the Allure in May. This will be my first cruise with RC and I chose 10329 because it had a view of the Ocean and the Aqua Theatre. I was worried about noise issues coming from below, but you've put my mind at rest. Thanks again! ;)

Just curious as to why you posted this on a 7 year old thread?

You're right what was I thinking. I should have posted 7 years ago when I hadn't booked a cruise with this ship or even heard of the ship yet. That would have been much more logical.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Spicoli15
Coding

Thank you so much for your comments regarding BW 10329 on the Allure. I've booked this very cabin for my upcoming cruise on the Allure in May. This will be my first cruise with RC and I chose 10329 because it had a view of the Ocean and the Aqua Theatre. I was worried about noise issues coming from below, but you've put my mind at rest. Thanks again! ;)

To further put your concern to rest...I had the last boardwalk balcony cabin on deck 10 when I sailed Allure. It provided an outstanding view of the ocean as well as the aqua theatre and the rest of the boardwalk. I did not find noise from the shows, movies or boardwalk to be disturbing in any way. On some nights it was too quiet.:D

To further put your concern to rest...I had the last boardwalk balcony cabin on deck 10 when I sailed Allure. It provided an outstanding view of the ocean as well as the aqua theatre and the rest of the boardwalk. I did not find noise from the shows, movies or boardwalk to be disturbing in any way. On some nights it was too quiet.:D

Many thanks (y):champagne-toast:

• 1 month later...

As precipitously mentioned, I know this is an old thread but since people are still adding to it, I thought I would too. I have stayed in all of the categories- we sail as a family and when we do, my brother and I stay in an interior room and our parents are always in an oceanview Balcony directly across the hall. I love it all, as our arrangement allows us all to enjoy the best of both views. I stayed in Boardwalk Balcony 8707 on the Allure in March 2015, and Central Park Balcony 10207 on Harmony just earlier this month, on the April 8th sailing. The BW balcony was nice because it was always action-packed, especially at night. The CP balcony was always peaceful and again, especially so at night with the lights and peaceful live music. I will say those are probably the 2 best cabins I've stayed in, with my Promenade window cabin on Liberty coming in at 3rd. With Freedom class coming in at a close second for me (going on Freedom next year with the family in 2 oceanview balconies this time), I absolutely love the uniqueness of the Oasis-class ships and have been on the Oasis as well, but since that was our first time on an Oasis-class ship we just went with the OV balcony and interior stateroom option. I recall spending A LOT of time on my balcony on my recent cruise, as I loved the serenity of it all. I would highly recommend either, and looking into your preferences before you book. If you like relaxation, go with Central Park. If you like excitement, go with Boardwalk. Like I said they were both great for me, and it's all a matter of preference. Another thing to consider is the obstruction of the Ultimate Abyss for the Boardwalk balconies, if you are getting on Harmony. So if you are going on both Oasis/ Allure and Harmony and want a neighborhood balcony without obstructions, I would recommend getting the Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis/Allure and Central Park Balcony on Harmony. Because we booked our Harmony cruise long before the Abyss was announced, the obstruction played no role in our decision, which was based solely on the fact that we struggled to make a decision for Allure and ended up going with BW for my brother and myself, so we wanted to try CP next. I hope this helps, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! Happy sailing!

Edited by CreativeCruiser119