Hair salon

dsal

I think I'd like to have my hair done on the day of one of the formal dinners. Can I pre-book an app't before we actually go on our cruise, or do I wait until we have boarded?

Thanks,

dsal

Cruise personalizer didn't allow that for our last cruise . when on board, made my appointments. Had no problem scheduling one, even on formal night day.

Hair salon never seemed busy (On the Ruby Princess). I was on for 28 days so did use their services. Even chanced having color and a haircut. Must say they did a better job than my regular hair salon.

28 DAYS???!!! How fabulous! What type of cruise did you go on? (destination)

Thank you for kindly responding to my post. After I sent it, I realized that someone else had already posted something similar. My apologies.

dsal

Cruise personalizer didn't allow that for our last cruise . when on board, made my appointments. Had no problem scheduling one, even on formal night day.

Hair salon never seemed busy (On the Ruby Princess). I was on for 28 days so did use their services. Even chanced having color and a haircut. Must say they did a better job than my regular hair salon.

If you wanted to maintain that relationship, that could get quite pricey!!! But fun!:)

I KNOW! Mine did too! Best color I've ever had! Thankfully it was an extended cruise also and by the time I went back to my regular person she knew I would have had to go somewhere else to get it done.

Now I just need to convince DH that a good color job is a vital reason to cruise!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if they can foil hair? Do they have full hair salon services and not just wash/cut and updo's? I need highlighting badly and usually wait until the last minute... As it's turning out, I won't have a chance to have it done before my trip on Saturday.. I have to look pretty for the pictures, lol!

Does anyone know if they can foil hair? Do they have full hair salon services and not just wash/cut and updo's? I need highlighting badly and usually wait until the last minute... As it's turning out, I won't have a chance to have it done before my trip on Saturday.. I have to look pretty for the pictures, lol!

I had color with foil highlights and they did a great job - these people are good at what they do!

yup! the sapphire had foils. cheaper than at the salon here. full salon services--had a great manicure pedicure too.

• 4 months later...

I am thinking about getting my hair cut and styled one day on my upcoming Ocean Princess cruise...

Does anyone know the approximate pricing?

Also, my hair is very long, and I know some salons charge extra to work with really long hair, does the ship do too?

• 3 weeks later...
bumping this thread, because I'd still like to know what the price of a haircut and possible style is,
It's been a while since I've had my hair washed, cut and blown dry on a cruise but as I remember, I paid $85 including tip.

In '08, I was about to embark the Sapphire Princess for a 31-day cruise plus several days pre-cruise in Sydney. I'd colored my hair for years but I also had it permed. Before leaving home, I got the perm but didn't have time to color it after the perm, so I brought the color with me. Several days into the cruise, I figured, "What the heck? I think I'll let it grow out and see what it looks like." Three weeks later, I had it cut really short and there were just a few dark ends left. I threw out the color and never looked back. :)

I downloaded the Princess Widget count down clock from my cruise personalizer for my March 13 Royal Princess Tahiti to Hawaii cruise. One day, the widget came up with " Book Personal Services" so I clicked through and was able to make a hair appointment and a spa appointment during my cruise. Gave me pricing for both sea and port days and a drop down menu to pick the time.

FYI - this is my first princess cruise so thought this was normal -now I am kind of worried! Haven't received confirmation emails nor is it in my cruise personalizer. Hopefully it works out!

I think I'd like to have my hair done on the day of one of the formal dinners. Can I pre-book an app't before we actually go on our cruise, or do I wait until we have boarded?

Thanks,

dsal

Thanks for the information! I too have extra long and thick hair... so I might splurge for a nice cut and style.

I have been trying to book an appointment on my personalizer, but it's been unavailable all weekend (shore excursions too)

It's been a while since I've had my hair washed, cut and blown dry on a cruise but as I remember, I paid $85 including tip.

In '08, I was about to embark the Sapphire Princess for a 31-day cruise plus several days pre-cruise in Sydney. I'd colored my hair for years but I also had it permed. Before leaving home, I got the perm but didn't have time to color it after the perm, so I brought the color with me. Several days into the cruise, I figured, "What the heck? I think I'll let it grow out and see what it looks like." Three weeks later, I had it cut really short and there were just a few dark ends left. I threw out the color and never looked back. :)

Brave woman! I so want to do the same thing, but am too afraid of what the result will be!

advanced reservations are available if you're planning a wedding, but that might be the only way.

I think you might be right.

Oh well, no big deal. I have 16 days on the ship to make an appointment... going to do it during a port day too, to save some money... :D

Archived