World's Toughest Fixes

So, nothing good on TV, I stumbled across NatGeo and World's Toughest Fixes was on. They were documenting a ship in drydock. It wasn't an RCI ship (Princess, I believe), but it was so interesting watching them tear pretty much the whole ship apart and rebuild it in only 2 weeks. I had no idea what all went on when a ship went into drydock! Wow!!!

So, nothing good on TV, I stumbled across NatGeo and World's Toughest Fixes was on. They were documenting a ship in drydock. It wasn't an RCI ship (Princess, I believe), but it was so interesting watching them tear pretty much the whole ship apart and rebuild it in only 2 weeks. I had no idea what all went on when a ship went into drydock! Wow!!!

That sounds like an interesting program. I'd definitely like to view it.

Saw most of program - lots of work done in two weeks drydock. Ship was Princess line "Sea Princess" - older ship (few balcony cabins, pre-azipod propellers). Dry dock work done in San Francisco.

I saw it and it was very interesting. The stabalizer fin being really damaged surprised me. The big end peice had to be replaced. They were speculating that it must of hit something hard. If that is the case what did it hit? Was anything reported? I am surprised Princess allowed that to be filmed and talked about the way it was. By the way I am SO mad I missed Oasis on "Mighty Ships". I can't find when it will be played. Anyone know? Discovery right? Thanks JC

That was a pretty cool show I remeder seeing that ship in drydock last year when we were at a game and drove by Now i know what they were doing

I wish they would show the Canada Discovery channel down here so we could have seen the Oasis

Oh well maybe in the future

When we were on the Liberty last year, on one of the TV channels they were showing the dry docking of one of the RCI ships (I think it was Sovereign). It was interesting. I hope they continue to show these on the ships TV.

Archived