Good and bad experiences with Shuttle Express in Seattle

Sea Hag

As the title says - who's done Shuttle Express in Seattle and what can you tell me. Is it reliable? Would you do it again? Puzzled here and will very much appreciate any info you can offer. :confused:

As a resident of the Seattle area, Shuttle Express is the dominant airport shuttle service here. I have used them regularly for 20 years since I moved to this area and never had a problem. They are there when they say will be, and are very reliable in my experience. The only issue I have with them is they are very conservative about their pick-up times so you'll spend a long time at the airport. But that really is a good thing, they want to make sure you make your flight.

Thanks! Conservative is exactly what I want when it comes to getting to the airport on time. :)

As a resident of the Seattle area, Shuttle Express is the dominant airport shared van service here. I have used them regularly for 20 years since I moved to this area and never had a problem. They are there when they say will be, and are very reliable in my experience. The only issue I have with them is they are very conservative about their pick-up times so you'll spend a long time at the airport. But that really is a good thing, they want to make sure you make your flight.

they are basiclly the only door to door company in SEattle. I think you will have a wide variety of opinions based on where your taking it from. At the piers they have a fleet ready to take those to the airport. I'd think that is pretty efficient. There was a recent post on Tripadvisor when the people had to wait a while at the airport till the van got filled before it would leave. Overall I think they get good reviews but there are always exceptions.

We just used Shuttle Express on Sunday. From the airport last week, not a problem. We were loaded onto the van very quickly. On our return to the airport, they were over 45 minutes late picking us up. :eek: Thankfully, they do pad the time needed so we got to the airport in plenty of time. I know that lots of people have had no problem with their service. I don't know if we would use them again. It was nerve-wracking not knowing when your ride would show up, even after several phone calls with an answer of, "he'll be there in 10 minutes." If you do use them, I would recommend to carry with you their phone number, just in case.

We just used Shuttle Express on Sunday. From the airport last week, not a problem. We were loaded onto the van very quickly. On our return to the airport, they were over 45 minutes late picking us up. :eek: Thankfully, they do pad the time needed so we got to the airport in plenty of time. I know that lots of people have had no problem with their service. I don't know if we would use them again. It was nerve-wracking not knowing when your ride would show up, even after several phone calls with an answer of, "he'll be there in 10 minutes." If you do use them, I would recommend to carry with you their phone number, just in case.

Yep, they like that "5-10 minutes" line just as much as the cab companies do and 60 minutes later you are still waiting. I used them twice, same story, never again. I'll stick with my nice, always prompt, limo service.

My issue with them as they do offer a flight guarantee which says they will pay if you arrive too late for your flight. The problem is they give you a pick up window thats pretty long. From my house they charge $42 when a towncar was around $45 so its an easy choice to go with a towncar. For major destinations like cruises I think they are fine so like any shuttle you may get a scenic tour before arriving where you want to be.

Recently we booked Shuttle Express in advance, had a reservation supposedly, to be picked up at the airport and delivered to Pier 91. It was an absolute zoo with probably 100 or more people waiting, griping, yelling. There was no apparent organization at all. We were put on a van one hour after our reservation, then all was fine.

If you are in a hurry, they may not be a good option. We had lots of time, so it was no problem except for the frustration and the number of disgruntled people milling about.

However, upon our return, we used them again to get to an airport at the hotel. That was efficient. Personally, I'd look for an alternative if I was flying in again - which I will be in September.

Perhaps they were just having a bad day!!

Do I need reservations from the pier to the airport after the cruise or are they just waiting to fill the buses? I've got a relatively early 11:30 am flight (was 12:05 when I booked but it changed) and since I'm really not sure when I will disembark it's hard to make reservations

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
Recently we booked Shuttle Express in advance, had a reservation supposedly, to be picked up at the airport and delivered to Pier 91. It was an absolute zoo with probably 100 or more people waiting, griping, yelling. There was no apparent organization at all. We were put on a van one hour after our reservation, then all was fine.

If you are in a hurry, they may not be a good option. We had lots of time, so it was no problem except for the frustration and the number of disgruntled people milling about.

However, upon our return, we used them again to get to an airport at the hotel. That was efficient. Personally, I'd look for an alternative if I was flying in again - which I will be in September.

Perhaps they were just having a bad day!!

I don't think it was just "a bad day" ... we had the very same experience, plus add rain to it, in 2006. It was terrible and we will never use them again. (mtcw)

Archived