Victoria - Tim Horton's near pier?

We will be on HAL's Rotterdam for a 6pm - midnight stop in Victoria BC. Just wondering if anyone can tell me where the closest Tim Horton's is in relation to where the Rotterdam docks. I've looked up locations on the TH website & they show many in Victoria but it doesn't help me since I'm not familiar with where in Victoria the Rotterdam will let us off. Hopefully there is one within walking distance but a short cab ride would be o.k. too.

Thanks!

We will be on HAL's Rotterdam for a 6pm - midnight stop in Victoria BC. Just wondering if anyone can tell me where the closest Tim Horton's is in relation to where the Rotterdam docks. I've looked up locations on the TH website & they show many in Victoria but it doesn't help me since I'm not familiar with where in Victoria the Rotterdam will let us off. Hopefully there is one within walking distance but a short cab ride would be o.k. too.

Thanks!

The closest one to the pier would be at 1410 Blanshard (corner of Blanshard and Johnson). Not really within walking distance, but it would be a short cab ride.

Those of us who seldom have a chance to visit a Tim Horton's do have needs. I have a nice collection of Tim Hortons cups, tea caddies, and that sort of thing.

I love the coffee but it tastes better brewed in Canada. Has to be the water!

I just have to remember to order my coffee without the sugar! Black and all the way to the top!

Well, you all are too funny! I was going to explain why I was asking this in my original post but I wasn't sure anyone would care, so...here goes...

I have a 14 year old daughter who is absolutely in LOVE with Justin Bieber. Apparently he is Canadian & has posted some Youtube videos of himself at Tim Horton's. It's one of his favorite places to go. My DD is not delusional enough to think we will actually run into Justin there, she just wants to buy a "souvenir" perhaps a mug or a t-shirt! (Of course I wouldn't mind trying a donut or two & some coffee)

So I of course (remembering how I wished I would run into one of the "Menudos" on a summer trip to Puerto Rico) promised her we would do our best to get to a Tim Horton's on this trip! It looks like, thanks to Sandy's help, we will be able to do just that.

P.S. We are also planning a "pre-cruise" road trip to Forks to do the whole "Twilight" thing, complete with a Twilight themed hotel room and "official tour". Is this a teen girls dream trip or what?!

^ That's so funny! You're a good parent. :)

Timmy's is a bit of a Canadian icon here. You'll often find them paired with Wendy's Restaurants, as they merged in 1995. They used to serve just coffee and donuts, but the menu has expanded drastically. Personally, I like not love their coffee, and I love their donuts. Try the Canadian Maple... mmmm.... :D

EDITED to add: Yeah, I think you could take a cab there and maybe walk back. It's not really that far to walk one way and Victoria is a beautiful "walking" city. Have a great time.

Actually, I am kind of anti-Timmy Donuts. I have to admit their donuts are head and shoulders above Dunkin and Krispy Cream and things like their sandwiches, soups, and chili are very good...but the coffee is dreadfull. Now many Canadians will have me hung for uttering such words of treason but there coffee is blended for double cream and double sugar.... when you drink it black it tastes a bit like, well dish water. If you order it to go they put it in a cup that has a lid that is right of the '70's and then have to beg for one of those linners that go over the cup to keep your hands form be burnt. My name is Putterdude and I am CANADIAN. :D

Don't drink coffee but the donuts and chili are quite good and there is one only 2 blocks from my condo. Often grab a quick lunch there instead of at the place where the clown is now what 50 years old and looking like he needs to be put out to pasture and yes Justin Bieber is Canadian.

Cheers - this thread is making me hungry - perhaps a short evening walk is in order.

Dennis

Actually, I am kind of anti-Timmy Donuts. I have to admit their donuts are head and shoulders above Dunkin and Krispy Cream and things like their sandwiches, soups, and chili are very good...but the coffee is dreadfull. Now many Canadians will have me hung for uttering such words of treason but there coffee is blended for double cream and double sugar.... when you drink it black it tastes a bit like, well dish water. If you order it to go they put it in a cup that has a lid that is right of the '70's and then have to beg for one of those linners that go over the cup to keep your hands form be burnt. My name is Putterdude and I am CANADIAN. :D

I am Canadian and I agree with you......I do like the Iced Capps through.

I used to get my coffee there every day but I haven't had a decent cup of coffee from Tim Hortons in years, the only thing consistent about it is it's crap, I've had bitter and burnt to dishwater gross. I never order their regular coffees. An ice cap, ice coffee, french vanilla cuppacino or any of the specialty coffees are okay and I like their donuts, sandwiches and chili, but never get coffee!

You have nothing to worry about.... personally, I don't really drink coffee... and if I'm going to have one, it's gotta be something like the Veloutim. Of course, I don't know the name of that in the rest of Canada. And for Montrealers... it's okay coffee, but not really in competition with Cafe Depot or Second Cup. (Even Starbucks had to make their coffee stronger to get Montrealers to walk in.)

My complaint is the lack of date and nut muffins in the rest of the country. What's with the conspiracy to keep date and nut muffins only in Quebec? Why can't I get one in Ontario? BC?

Of course Tim's is available in three countries, now. Canada, US and Afghanistan. I wonder if the croissant are fresh today in Khandahar? There are 12 Tim's in Manhattan.

OK, I'll admit it. Timmy's is all about family memories for me. The coffee may not be the best in the world, but it is the coffee my folks loved. Of course they were all double/double people.

Ancient memories! Nice to have once in a while.

Thanks!

Exit the cruise terminal, and on Dallas Rd, without crossing the street, grab a #30 or #31 bus ($2.50) will take you into downtown, and get off at Douglad & Jonson St, walk one block east on Johnson, and 1/2 block north on Blanshard... Tim Hortons...

Well, you all are too funny! I was going to explain why I was asking this in my original post but I wasn't sure anyone would care, so...here goes...

I have a 14 year old daughter who is absolutely in LOVE with Justin Bieber. Apparently he is Canadian & has posted some Youtube videos of himself at Tim Horton's. It's one of his favorite places to go. My DD is not delusional enough to think we will actually run into Justin there, she just wants to buy a "souvenir" perhaps a mug or a t-shirt! (Of course I wouldn't mind trying a donut or two & some coffee)

So I of course (remembering how I wished I would run into one of the "Menudos" on a summer trip to Puerto Rico) promised her we would do our best to get to a Tim Horton's on this trip! It looks like, thanks to Sandy's help, we will be able to do just that.

P.S. We are also planning a "pre-cruise" road trip to Forks to do the whole "Twilight" thing, complete with a Twilight themed hotel room and "official tour". Is this a teen girls dream trip or what?!

You are a good mom! Funny story, and you never know who you will run into.

I agree and we have had a lot of fun with this thread....not quite as much fun as we have had with "In N' Out" burgers in the US but fun nonetheless. Maybe Timmy's is a bit like McDonalds, no one admits they go there but they remain successful selling to, I guess phantoms.

Thanks to ALL of you for the great directions and the "good mom" compliments...it really means a lot to me. (Especially when you have a teenager reminding you daily of all the the things her friends have that she doesn't) I hope everyone we run into in Victoria is as nice and helpful as you all are!

I "google mapped" it and it looks like a beautiful walk. Depending on how everyone is feeling that afternoon, we may try to walk it. If not, I'm sure we'll take a cab and maybe I can talk them into walking back. Can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...
Aww! I'm so excited for you! Victoria is a beautiful city. I lived there for 35 years before moving on, and it was always lovely.

Come back and post a pic of you all at Tim Hortons! :D

We did it! We made it to Tim Hortons! The $7 r/t CVS (Cruise Victoria Shuttle) dropped us off on government street downtown so we walked a couple of blocks (in one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen) and arrived at Tim Hortons safe and sound. I think the lady that worked there thought we were nuts...taking pictures and video...I don't think Tim's gets lots of tourists from Florida. Believe it or not, we didn't even have any coffee! Kids had bagels with cream cheese and hubby & I had a sandwich. I even got the last bowl of clam chowder for the day...it was yummy! My daughter saved everything including but not limited to the paper that lines the tray! (Don't worry, we didn't take any of the ceramic stuff) She wouldn't even use her straw so she could bring it home with the "Tim Horton's" wrapper still intact! I must say the restroom was disgusting, no toilet paper & no soap. I reported this to the cashier but I think by this time, she just thought I was plain crazy! So when we finally saw all we could see of this place, we toured the rest of the beautiful city of Victoria. My husband said he wants to move there! Seriously, I considered for 1/2 second, not getting off the ship. It was the last night of our cruise, everyone was pretty tired, I had to pack, etc...Boy am I glad we did! Thanks again for all of your help. It really was a fun little side trip for all of us but mostly of course, my daughter!

Well, I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to upload the pic of us outside Tim's but it just keeps telling me "file upload failed". I'm guessing my jpeg is too big or something? Darn, sorry.

Glad you had a good time in Victoria, most people do.:) As for Timmy Donuts...if it weren't for the coffee, and the lack of soap and t.p...it would be a good operation. Seriously, though each Tim Hortons is individually owned under a franchise agreement...so sometimes you do run into a bad one and I guess that was the case here but even at that it is no excuse.

• 1 month later...

Archived