Why do you eat meat?

TravelSmarty

Interesting view points here.

I went the whole of 2009 without eating meat.

It made a huge difference to my health and my weight for the better, but I did it for one reason only................to see if I could.

Come 2010 there was a documentary on UK TV which literally showed the entire process live on TV from killing to preparation to eating, and I really thought it would turn my stomach sufficiently that I never would eat meat again, but it didn't have that effect. It just seemed that it is part of the food chain and part of the process of life/death etc with some animals being in a different position in the order of things to other animals and humans.

I am back on meat now but only once every couple of weeks or so, apart from when I am on holiday, which for me is my one "meat binge" every year.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't - never have and never will! I think that a diet that centers around eating vegetables and fruits is healthier, plus we often get way too much protein as it is - legumes, beans, soy, that's all good enough for me! I don't agree with the treatment of animals - factory farming is horrible in terms of the treatment of the animals, but it is terrible for the environment as well. Since I consider myself both an environmentalist and an animal lover, I would never eat meat!

BTW - I am not a member of PETA nor will I ever be - people are free to make their own choices in this world and I don't condone any drastic or sensational means of convincing people not to eat meat. I think it is important that people are familiar with the process of how meat is made and make informed & educated decisions as to whether they choose to eat meat or not.

I don't - never have and never will! I think that a diet that centers around eating vegetables and fruits is healthier, plus we often get way too much protein as it is - legumes, beans, soy, that's all good enough for me! I don't agree with the treatment of animals - factory farming is horrible in terms of the treatment of the animals, but it is terrible for the environment as well. Since I consider myself both an environmentalist and an animal lover, I would never eat meat!

BTW - I am not a member of PETA nor will I ever be - people are free to make their own choices in this world and I don't condone any drastic or sensational means of convincing people not to eat meat. I think it is important that people are familiar with the process of how meat is made and make informed & educated decisions as to whether they choose to eat meat or not.

Just think of all the poor defenseless soy beans that you are slaughtering.

DON

• 10 months later...
And it makes all those crazy PETA people crazy.... I am all for the ethical treatment of animals, and am an animal lover to the extreme. But I still enjoy eating the food that God put on the earth for us to enjoy.

Could have sworn PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals, guess I was wrong.:D

I was a vegetarian for 3 years. I grew tired of buying soy products that tasted something like chicken or beef or whatever but didn't IMO. Then I never really liked tofu, I think it was the texture. After I started eating meat again, I noticed the difference in my energy level almost immediately ... haven't looked back since.

For me, it's good and tasty. :)

Because it is against the law to eat people who are members of PETA or who are vegetarians (just think, we eat grass fed beef, why not grass fed people?). If god had not meant us to eat meat, she would not have made it taste so good.

DON

Very well said. Like religion, this is a very sensitive subject and I applaud your response. Bravo!

I eat meat but VERY little red meat. I attended an Agriculture based college and had the process of meat preparation shoved in my face. It didn't "cure" me of wanting to eat beef, my personal health goals did.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont eat meat but DH is a meat and potatoes guy :), So I make him his meat and I eat tofu and veggies, just works for me, I never really liked meat, been vegetarian, sort of vegan...... for about 2 years now, never felt better. I do realize though that it isnt for everyone and I never push it on anyone that I am with :)

Very well said. Like religion, this is a very sensitive subject and I applaud your response. Bravo!

I eat meat but VERY little red meat. I attended an Agriculture based college and had the process of meat preparation shoved in my face. It didn't "cure" me of wanting to eat beef, my personal health goals did.

Why thank you :) I find that most of the time, I keep to myself about my views and it is the meat eaters who somehow feel threatened by my personal choices by drilling me about how I get my protein or about how I must feel so tired all the time. I don't constantly drill meat eaters about how they get their veggies or their fiber, so get off my case. I just live how I want to live and what I feel are the best health and moral choices. Everyone faces these decisions in life and can make their own personal.choices and I respect that even if I don't agree.

And it makes all those crazy PETA people crazy.... I am all for the ethical treatment of animals, and am an animal lover to the extreme. But I still enjoy eating the food that God put on the earth for us to enjoy.

PETA? Doesn't PETA stand for People Eating Tasty Animals?

• 3 weeks later...

Because I am a carnivore and there is nothing better tasting than what I am about to show you!

grilled_steak-vi.jpg

Grilled T-Bone Steak

ribs.jpg

BBQ Chicken & Ribs

rack-of-lamb1.jpg

Grilled Rack of Lamb

My mouth is watering, got to go eat some meat!

Ken

Archived