Why do you eat meat?

TravelSmarty

• 4 weeks later...

Somewhere I read about some research the university folks were doing. Seems they discovered folks have a "suite" of different bacteria in their intestines which help with the digestion of what folks eat. Apparently, there are only four or five different suites folks can be born with and it doesn't change throughout life. Some folks can thrive as vegetarians and some folks do not thrive as vegetarians. It's all (apparently) about the bacteria you are born with. Fortunately, I was born with the type of bacteria which makes for tasty meals.

We also get our meats from non-medicated sources. We have friends with cows, we have friends with sheep, we have folks who bring us roosters they don't want. Chicken soup cures crowing. Guaranteed.

• 4 weeks later...

Get this – cow farts (and burps) are a leading cause of ozone depletion. The methane gas they emit in their flatulence is 20 times worse than the carbon dioxide belching out of your neighbor’s hummer.

I eat meat, therefore, I am saving the ozone layer. So by not being vegetarian, I am saving the planet, one tasty steak at a time. :rolleyes:

Get this – cow farts (and burps) are a leading cause of ozone depletion. The methane gas they emit in their flatulence is 20 times worse than the carbon dioxide belching out of your neighbor’s hummer.

I eat meat, therefore, I am saving the ozone layer. So by not being vegetarian, I am saving the planet, one tasty steak at a time. :rolleyes:

I know you're joking, but it doesn't make any sense. The reason there are so many cows farting and burping is because there are so many meat eaters. If people stopped eating meat, ranchers would stop breeding cows and the population would be reduced, resulting in less methane emissions.

• 3 weeks later...
I know you're joking, but it doesn't make any sense. The reason there are so many cows farting and burping is because there are so many meat eaters. If people stopped eating meat, ranchers would stop breeding cows and the population would be reduced, resulting in less methane emissions.

So all the meat eaters switch over to beans and now THEY are farting, rather than the cows? Doesn't seem as though we make much headway on that deal.

As for the poster who said that they have friends who have sheep.... well let's not go there....

Our world exists in balance, animals were created in a big circle of life. Some die so others can live, and the waste feeds the earth and she regrows new life for those that eat plants. So without animals (including humans) that eat meat the balance of the planet would be thrown off. :D

I eat any kind of meat, from muskrats to moose, to horse, to goat to coyote to armadillo, to bear to beaver etc.. If I shoot it or if it dies on my friends farm, it is fair game. Cruises allow me to enjoy this more, just last month the gibnut, stewed cowsfoot, oxtail, octopus cervice and other delicacies made ther trip all the better!

I guess I eat it, cause I like it and it is affordable most of the time. Hunting is easier than growing things in my area...

Plus, if we are NOT to eat animals...why did God make them out of meat?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why people go vegetarian because they don't want to kill animals for food.

All life is sacred, what makes animal life more sacred than plant life? Sounds like Orson Wells Animal Farm.

Don't waste food and be thankful for the sacrifice whatever you are eating has made to sustain you.

OK, this made me literally LOL ... I just came from a BBQ place where a sign on the wall said something like "Hey vegetarians .. newsflash: Plants are living things too"

Now that made me laugh.. good one.. I eat it because it helps me keep my blood sugar under control. no carbs in most meats. I am a carnivore for sure.

OK, this made me literally LOL ... I just came from a BBQ place where a sign on the wall said something like "Hey vegetarians .. newsflash: Plants are living things too"

There's another one that goes: "Vegetarian--an old Indian word for 'Bad Hunter'".;)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand why people go vegetarian because they don't want to kill animals for food.

All life is sacred, what makes animal life more sacred than plant life? Sounds like Orson Wells Animal Farm.

Don't waste food and be thankful for the sacrifice whatever you are eating has made to sustain you.

You may want to double check your reference to Animal Farm and "Orson Wells".

Archived