WOW Sales

Im looking to book a cruise in a couple of days but was wondering if there might be a WOW

sale soon which RCI do certain times of the year. Last time I booked one I missed out on one of these sale days as I believe they offer on board credit. I think there was one in May. Any one think there maybe another one coming up soon. Your advice would be greatly appreciate . Thanks.

Im looking to book a cruise in a couple of days but was wondering if there might be a WOW

sale soon which RCI do certain times of the year. Last time I booked one I missed out on one of these sale days as I believe they offer on board credit. I think there was one in May. Any one think there maybe another one coming up soon. Your advice would be greatly appreciate . Thanks.

The WOW sale was last month (May 17th and 18th)

The next one will probably be in October sometime.

Everyone who waited for the last WOW sale lost out on a much better price protection policy by one day. Now, as far as I am concerned, waiting for anything that seems like a good deal is a gamble. You never know what RCI is going to change next.

I also booked during the WOW sales last month but never heard about the price protection policy. What is it exactly? I was just looking to see if there had been a price drop, and my category has actually gone up by $100 per person. At least we got $250 in OBC.

Everyone who waited for the last WOW sale lost out on a much better price protection policy by one day. Now, as far as I am concerned, waiting for anything that seems like a good deal is a gamble. You never know what RCI is going to change next.

I also booked during the WOW sales last month but never heard about the price protection policy. What is it exactly? I was just looking to see if there had been a price drop, and my category has actually gone up by $100 per person. At least we got $250 in OBC.

You used to be able to get any price drops up until the time of sailing. Beginning on the day that the WOW sale started any cruises booked from that date on qualify for any price drops only until final payment date. After that RCI will not give you the lower price or OBC.

Also, if you booked directly with RCI, you have to initiate the call to receive any price drop before final payment. The lower rate will not be applied automatically. ;)

Always has been that way. If you book with a TA, they have to call. If you book on your own, you have to call.

Either way, someone has to catch it, and call. And now it either needs to be before final payment due date or the booking had to have been created and final due within 48 hours AND the price drop has to be in the same time frame.

Thanks guys looks like waiting is not a good idea and if the last WOW sale was in May looks like I missed the 'boat' excuse the pun.

Acutally waiting is a good idea now. Most likely price drops will occur within the last 8 week before your cruise (after the final payment is due for those who booked early). That will be the best time to book now.

Acutally waiting is a good idea now. Most likely price drops will occur within the last 8 week before your cruise (after the final payment is due for those who booked early). That will be the best time to book now.

How can you say that? I don't see where the OP even mentioned the sailing dates that was being considered. Are yopu saying to wait for a sale or to wait to book inside of the two month time frame before sailing? I would agree with that.

This link not working today (404 Not Found error)

Not Found

The requested URL /sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This link not working today (404 Not Found error)

Not Found

The requested URL /sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Worked for me just fine today. I just tried again (after I saw your post) to be sure and it's still working.

Archived