Bring Water and Soda on board?

We are sailing 1 July on EOS.Everything I have read prior to today said water and soda was okay. Today I am reading some info on the CC board and they are saying no soda or water. Has the rule changed in the last 2 days and if so when is it effective?

They have really cracked down though it might vary...some have gotten a case of water through recently.

It does say NO...some are getting things through...others not....

I can tell you this from past experience( March 2010).. we brought 1- 24 pack of water on board and got taken to the naughty room for " suspicion" of liquor.. when we got there they asked us to open the suitcase and asked about the water.. my response was simple.." unless they can quarantee me that there is NO salt what so ever left in the tap water on board I am taking my bottled water on the ship" the security guard said that he could not so I was able to take the water on..he didn't even check the mouthwash that was attached to the case of water.. with the seal replaced... for booze...to bad he missed that one ROFLMAO...:D...

I can tell you this from past experience( March 2010).. we brought 1- 24 pack of water on board and got taken to the naughty room for " suspicion" of liquor.. when we got there they asked us to open the suitcase and asked about the water.. my response was simple.." unless they can quarantee me that there is NO salt what so ever left in the tap water on board I am taking my bottled water on the ship" the security guard said that he could not so I was able to take the water on..he didn't even check the mouthwash that was attached to the case of water.. with the seal replaced... for booze...to bad he missed that one ROFLMAO...:D...

Two things..

1. You know they don't use sea water for their tap water...right?

2. You should have cleared this through Access. Wouldn't have had a problem.

Just got home from the FOS today and I took 16 12oz bottles of Coke Zero. They were in a small suitcase with nothing else in the case but 2 shirts to help with the packing. I checked the bag at the curb and it got to my room with no issues.

Dave

Two things..

1. You know they don't use sea water for their tap water...right?

2. You should have cleared this through Access. Wouldn't have had a problem.

You know they do use sea water for drinking water. Have their own desalination equipment on board. Water tastes great.

It just changed either June 1st or July, it was on the site itself. I canceled my cruise and switched to Carnival, I can bring 2 bottles of wine, 2 12pk soda and water. that with all the other cut backs on rci.

< Back to Onboard Policies

s.gif

Onboard Policies

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Pages.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?s.gifA: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids

You know they do use sea water for drinking water. Have their own desalination equipment on board. Water tastes great.

Hmmm. No, they don't. They use sea water for a lot of things onboard but drinking water is not one of them. This is a common misconception. I have worked on over 15 ships and none of them use sea water for drinking water. Not one.

Although they do have an amazing filtration system and the water does taste great.

the water is actually filtered sea water.. it is deselinated on board. when we went to labadee they made an announcement that they had deselinated enought water to donate 4 palettes of bottled water to the hatian relief...The water tastes like crud and I know I am safer drinking it out a bottles from home...Hey I was on a ships too going down to the persian gulf...which has nothing to do with this but I thought I'd throw that in there ROFLMAO

So no one has actually posted that they have had non-alcoholic beverages taken away, have they? We all know the rules on alcoholic beverages, but has anyone had their SODA or WATER or JUICE actually taken?

I don't think I've read any posts where people have said that they have. If not, then bring it with you. If you bring ALCOHOL, you know you run the risk of getting it taken. Until I see a bunch of posts about people having their soda and water taken, then I am not going to worry about it.

BTW, I don't actually bring my own with me. I buy the soda card and think the water tastes great. But if you feel you need to bring your own, then you should. Again, I have yet to see a bunch of posts about people getting non-alcoholic drinks taken. I'm not sure why all the hysteria.

So no one has actually posted that they have had non-alcoholic beverages taken away, have they? We all know the rules on alcoholic beverages, but has anyone had their SODA or WATER or JUICE actually taken?

I don't think I've read any posts where people have said that they have. If not, then bring it with you. If you bring ALCOHOL, you know you run the risk of getting it taken. Until I see a bunch of posts about people having their soda and water taken, then I am not going to worry about it.

BTW, I don't actually bring my own with me. I buy the soda card and think the water tastes great. But if you feel you need to bring your own, then you should. Again, I have yet to see a bunch of posts about people getting non-alcoholic drinks taken. I'm not sure why all the hysteria.

Thankyou for all the answers. Ed drinks nocaffine diet pepsi and that is the reason for the post.

There are hundreds of blogs on this site answering all of the quetions asked here. I do not drink Alcohol, but many of the people I have cruised with drink and bring their beverage of choice with them. On every single cruise I have been on, spirit smuggling was common practice. I have seen Vodka in Evian bottles, Tequila in Apple Juice Bottles, Beer in Diaper bags, Rum Runners, Boda Bags, Boxes of wine without the box, you name it. :D

Most bloggers on this site share their success stories, saying that they usually pack their alcohol or other beverages inside their checked bags. The absolute rule is to remove any alcoholic beverage from its original package and pour it in a non conspicuous container like mouthwash, water, etc. Never should someone personally carry the beverage onboard as 95% or more are found and confiscated when boarding the vessel. Look for a table of alcohol bottles behind the boarding security area on some ships. Yes, they open and smell contents on all unsealed beverages when you board.

As far as throwing a luggage tag on a case of water/soda/juice and checking it in. Many cruisers have done this succesfully, but NOW - RCI and other lines are not allowing this practice and are confiscating these items. If you want to try this. Put the case inside a duffle bag and check the bag. Remember 2500 cruisers times 2 checked bags each = 5000 bags. Way too many bags to search in a short amount of time. Security X-Ray staff are instructed to look for other items like weapons and the dreaded clothes iron. Realistically, you should only experience confiscation of your beverages if your checked bags are selected for random search.

I drink Peligrino Italian Sparkling water. Six one liter plastic bottles are packed in my bag as I write this. I am Sailing July 4th. I will be enjoying my Peligrino Spring Water just as Michael Angelo did during the Rennaisance. Unfortunately, Mikey's boat did not have ice, a pool or rock climbing wall like the Mariner Or The Seas.

Peace and Safe Travels to all of you fellow Cruisers. Stay Hydrated :eek:

David

There are hundreds of blogs on this site answering all of the quetions asked here. I do not drink Alcohol, but many of the people I have cruised with drink and bring their beverage of choice with them. On every single cruise I have been on, spirit smuggling was common practice. I have seen Vodka in Evian bottles, Tequila in Apple Juice Bottles, Beer in Diaper bags, Rum Runners, Boda Bags, Boxes of wine without the box, you name it. :D

Most bloggers on this site share their success stories, saying that they usually pack their alcohol or other beverages inside their checked bags. The absolute rule is to remove any alcoholic beverage from its original package and pour it in a non conspicuous container like mouthwash, water, etc. Never should someone personally carry the beverage onboard as 95% or more are found and confiscated when boarding the vessel. Look for a table of alcohol bottles behind the boarding security area on some ships. Yes, they open and smell contents on all unsealed beverages when you board.

As far as throwing a luggage tag on a case of water/soda/juice and checking it in. Many cruisers have done this succesfully, but NOW - RCI and other lines are not allowing this practice and are confiscating these items. If you want to try this. Put the case inside a duffle bag and check the bag. Remember 2500 cruisers times 2 checked bags each = 5000 bags. Way too many bags to search in a short amount of time. Security X-Ray staff are instructed to look for other items like weapons and the dreaded clothes iron. Realistically, you should only experience confiscation of your beverages if your checked bags are selected for random search.

I drink Peligrino Italian Sparkling water. Six one liter plastic bottles are packed in my bag as I write this. I am Sailing July 4th. I will be enjoying my Peligrino Spring Water just as Michael Angelo did during the Rennaisance. Unfortunately, Mikey's boat did not have ice, a pool or rock climbing wall like the Mariner Or The Seas.

Peace and Safe Travels to all of you fellow Cruisers. Stay Hydrated :eek:

David

Can you explain how the policy is any different than it was three months ago? To the best of my memory it is exactly the same. There is nothing in the policy that says non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated. If someone has their Diet Coke, Fresca, Dr. Pepper, etc. taken from them please post on this board immediately.

Just returned from the Liberty June 20-27. I brought a sealed case of water bottles, stuck a cabin tag on it and handed it to the porter at the curb. It arrived at the cabin, although much later than the suitcases did, implying that the case was thoroughly inspected, but the plastic shrink wrap was not opened.

I was just on the Explorer on 6/10/10 and both my mother and I bought a 24 pack of water. I was worried, but it was delivered to our cabin with no questions or problems. I would have been happy to purchase the water plan through the cruise line, but it was incredibly expensive.

Just returned from the Liberty June 20-27. I brought a sealed case of water bottles, stuck a cabin tag on it and handed it to the porter at the curb. It arrived at the cabin, although much later than the suitcases did, implying that the case was thoroughly inspected, but the plastic shrink wrap was not opened.

do you think you were all OK taking the water o/b, because the rules had only recently changed and so they were "letting it go" - They might be stricter over the next few months????!!

We take water and cokes on every sail we go on. The passage from the RCI homepage quoted in an earlier post is NO different than when we have sailed...

We always take little bag with us, actually one of those RCI bags that folds flat, and we go to a 7-11 and buy either a 12 or 24 pack of water and leave it factory sealed and a 12 pack of cans of Coke Zero and leave it sealed. We put them in our little bag, and slap a baggage tag on it, and it always makes it through.

Karen

Hello

I was talking with couple of RCI security guys!

According to them they do not worry or care for any soda or water!

They place the verbiage in the website to discourage it!

They typically will never confiscate it!

They WILL confiscate any alcohol! In mouthwash botles , in rum runners plastic containers or any other creative way they can find!

Anyways assume you go to CVS in port get a case of water for 5 dollars!

They decide to take it away ( they really won't but for argument sake they happen to bust you and they do)

then you are out 5 bucks!

If you get it in the ship you just saved $50 dollars at least by not having to get their water!!!

Big ed

Can you explain how the policy is any different than it was three months ago? To the best of my memory it is exactly the same. There is nothing in the policy that says non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated. If someone has their Diet Coke, Fresca, Dr. Pepper, etc. taken from them please post on this board immediately.

Off the RCCL.com website 1 minute ago ...Quote:Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? - Royal Caribbean International Print This Page Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

If you read the dozens of blogs on this site. More and More people are experiencing confiscation and searches. When you are onboard, their city

RCCL has the right to do whatever your signed cruise ageement states.

I have never heard of anyone being thrown off the ship for smuggling beverages, drugs yes,... but I read a recent blog from a CC blogger who got kicked off a ship in Europe. This man handed out flyers during the art auction stating that the authenticity of art and the reputation of the art auction company should be questioned. He was right too, the auction company recently lost a law suit for selling FAKE art. RCL is in process of kicking these art auction scammers off their ships permanently. This man was kicked off the ship, even though RCCL had not provided a specific policy to him. The cruise staff can do whatever they chose. Just like a small town lawman who does'nt know the law can write you a ticket for what he/she thinks is right in his mind.

Below is the full answer for the FAQ question posted above. They are contradicting themselves within the full answer. If you will notice it says they may inspect containers (WATER BOTTLES, SODA BOTTLES). If they weren't allowing water bottles and soda onboard then why even have that listed?

Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

"Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."

Although the policy changed Jun 1st to what is posted above, we have yet to hear from anyone that has put a luggage tag on a case and not have it delivered.

I think it is discouraged but not prohibited at this point. Perhaps they will start enforcing for sailings that had final payment after Jun 1st but who knows.

If you will notice it says they may inspect containers (WATER BOTTLES, SODA BOTTLES). If they weren't allowing water bottles and soda onboard then why even have that listed?

Apparently you are allowed to bring one bottle/can on board if it has been opened. Perhaps that is what they are saying they may inspect for alcohol?

Just keeping putting a luggage tag on a case until we hear from someone who has been denied.

Archived