I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

He will never be a vegetarian....too much ham.

Believe it or not, this wasn't arranged or posed. He was just playing on the patio and I grabbed the

old NEX-3C with the 55-210 on it and fired of a few shots out the door.

p1311322573-5.jpg

Then he got whiney and we sent him home with his mother.

Dave

Edited by pierces

He will never be a vegetarian....too much ham.

Believe it or not, this wasn't arranged or posed. He was just playing on the patio and I grabbed the

old NEX-3C with the 55-210 on it and fired of a few shots out the door.

p1311322573-5.jpg

Then he got whiney and we sent him home with his mother.

Dave

Lovely shot! You must be glad you were on time to grab the camera!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rain and sun at the same time - late sunset over Disney Springs in Florida while raining:

original.jpg

Later that night, the skies went seriously purple - Prince would have been crying - though I was so disappointed that the rain had stopped - because then we would have really had Purple Rain!:

original.jpg

Where the purple skies met the last traces of orange and pink from the already-set sun:

original.jpg

A funny story in three photos. A few weekends ago, during my normal wildlife photo walks in the wetlands, I came upon a raccoon walking through the pines. He was cautious of me, but not scared off - he initially hid behind a tree a bit, then poked out to see if I was a threat:

B8C11D6B118449B39B9763A8517C65A3.jpg

Once he assumed I wasn't, he started to walk out from behind the tree to walk past me - we were only about 10 feet from each other. However, as he came out behind the tree and started to walk closer, he was so busy keeping eyes up on me that he wasn't watching where he was stepping...and there was something sitting on the ground camouflaged in the fallen leaves. I saw it, and knew it was there...I had just snapped a closeup of a lovely 2-foot-long green iguana with bits of orange coloration:

original.jpg

But the raccoon didn't see it as it was too busy eyeing me. Unfortunately I was in heavy shade and I had a slow shutter speed - plenty for shooting a slow raccoon and a still iguana, but not nearly fast enough for what happened next.

As I was readying to take another shot of the raccoon, it stepped forward and placed a foot directly on the tail of the iguana. Just as I pressed the shutter, the iguana leapt out from the leaves and whipped its tail to scurry away, and the raccoon positively exploded in fear:

23B5DBA6C500485DBF612DFBA2DA7425.jpg

The raccoon jumped backwards and flipped over in a reverse cartwheel, eyes popping out of its head. In the pic above, you can just see the end of the iguana's tail in the lower left corner of the frame as it whips away. The poor raccoon tried to recover from a Fred Sanford moment, hand over the beating heart, eyes to the sky, and panting with its teeth out, looking at me like it was my fault.

Though I wish I had adjusted my shutter speed for the moment, had I anticipated it, I still actually like the blurry mess of a photo, because it will always remind me of that funny moment!

Edited by zackiedawg

A funny story in three photos.

Though I wish I had adjusted my shutter speed for the moment, had I anticipated it, I still actually like the blurry mess of a photo, because it will always remind me of that funny moment!

Thank you for the good laughs and the visuals help to picture the whole scene [emoji15][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A funny story in three photos. A few weekends ago, during my normal wildlife photo walks in the wetlands, I came upon a raccoon walking through the pines. He was cautious of me, but not scared off - he initially hid behind a tree a bit, then poked out to see if I was a threat:

B8C11D6B118449B39B9763A8517C65A3.jpg

Once he assumed I wasn't, he started to walk out from behind the tree to walk past me - we were only about 10 feet from each other. However, as he came out behind the tree and started to walk closer, he was so busy keeping eyes up on me that he wasn't watching where he was stepping...and there was something sitting on the ground camouflaged in the fallen leaves. I saw it, and knew it was there...I had just snapped a closeup of a lovely 2-foot-long green iguana with bits of orange coloration:

original.jpg

But the raccoon didn't see it as it was too busy eyeing me. Unfortunately I was in heavy shade and I had a slow shutter speed - plenty for shooting a slow raccoon and a still iguana, but not nearly fast enough for what happened next.

As I was readying to take another shot of the raccoon, it stepped forward and placed a foot directly on the tail of the iguana. Just as I pressed the shutter, the iguana leapt out from the leaves and whipped its tail to scurry away, and the raccoon positively exploded in fear:

23B5DBA6C500485DBF612DFBA2DA7425.jpg

The raccoon jumped backwards and flipped over in a reverse cartwheel, eyes popping out of its head. In the pic above, you can just see the end of the iguana's tail in the lower left corner of the frame as it whips away. The poor raccoon tried to recover from a Fred Sanford moment, hand over the beating heart, eyes to the sky, and panting with its teeth out, looking at me like it was my fault.

Priceless!!