I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Well I always share bird photos, but since there are so many flowers lately, and I don't want anyone to get too bored with my birds...here's a flower out in the wetlands - no idea what kind - probably just a weed - but I found it pretty:

original.jpg

And here's something else different from my usual birds. A bug! This is one of our regular May/June inhabitants, the giant and very pretty eastern lubber grasshopper:

original.jpg

This time of year out in the eastern edge of the Everglades that borders our SE cities, these big hoppers become so populous that you cannot actually step when walking on the trails, or you'll crush one - you have to slide your feet so that you prompt them to hop out of your way. Literally thousands, tens of thousands, of them will line the trails, trees, sidewalks, etc.

Well I always share bird photos, but since there are so many flowers lately, and I don't want anyone to get too bored with my birds...here's a flower out in the wetlands - no idea what kind - probably just a weed - but I found it pretty:

original.jpg

And here's something else different from my usual birds. A bug! This is one of our regular May/June inhabitants, the giant and very pretty eastern lubber grasshopper:

original.jpg

This time of year out in the eastern edge of the Everglades that borders our SE cities, these big hoppers become so populous that you cannot actually step when walking on the trails, or you'll crush one - you have to slide your feet so that you prompt them to hop out of your way. Literally thousands, tens of thousands, of them will line the trails, trees, sidewalks, etc.

Great pictures

Another mixed hobby photo. My granddaughter's birthday was yesterday and by the photo of this week's wood project you may guess that she likes American Girl dolls and pandas...and pink.

Not bad for $20 worth of hardware, paint and some scrap wood! (If I do say so myself ;))

p1264258245-5.jpg

Dave

Edited by pierces

Another mixed hobby photo. My granddaughter's birthday was yesterday and by the photo of this week's wood project you may guess that she likes American Girl dolls and pandas...and pink.

Not bad for $20 worth of hardware, paint and some scrap wood! (If I do say so myself ;))

p1264258245-5.jpg

Dave

Beautiful

That will be something she will always treasure.