I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Huge red delicious apple with a layer of caramel, rolled in almonds and drizzled with milk and white chocolate. Fed a family of four! :)

Dave

Sounds great. I think I'd have a crack at one to myself though.

I did a challenge from a photography class over the summer to shoot a daily picture and post it on a shared forum, and it really made me "see" what I was looking at. I still try to shoot daily, but obviously some days offer better opportunities than others!

I'm struggling with how you all manage to embed images in your posts. I tried using a link to my Flickr photos, but it didn't seem to work, does Flickr not act nicely with this forum?

Maybe this time??

pumpkin 14959181973_04a6c332e2_c.jpgtruck by chellebelle2007, on Flickr

Great picture

TCLOhio

Love all your pictures.

Appreciate this encouragement!! Sorry, however, no wonderful flower pictures to share. Nor, great visuals with pumpkins, apples, trucks, etc., as shown just recently.

But, here are some food and activity visuals from on our Sunday in Ohio. Wonderful, sunny fall day in Central Ohio for this part of the midwest. Thursday was my birthday, but not saying the number. And, it was nice having our son home from Virginia for a few days to visit. Good break for him and us. This food shot helps compensation for not getting pictures from delightful dinners on Thursday and Friday evenings. In mid November, we will had down to Virginia to see our son, wife and our two grandsons, ages four and two.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 82,681 views for this fun posting.

Here was our Sunday afternoon dinner at home with our son visiting from Charlottesville, Va.. Shrimp and grits!! A little "taste of New Orleans" and/or the south. Had good "heat" to add the proper, fun spice to make this dish so good.:

FallShots10-16A6_zps44cb0700.jpg

Then, we did a drop-by at Ohio Stadium, 2.5 miles south of where we live in Columbus. No game today. Watched a TV commercial being filmed. Right on the 50-yard-line!!! It was fun being able to walk around on the field where this coming Saturday night, ABC-TV will do a national telecast of our Ohio State team hosting visiting Illinois in front of 106,000 fans in this large, double-decked stadium. In the second picture, you see my wife and our son in the stadium with the TV shoot happening in the background. Also seen in this picture are the white goal posts and OSU's National Championship banners. Third and fourth are two pictures of our state's Governor doing his final campaign commercial for this fall's campaign. Lots of equipment to make such TV commercials. Finally, here is my wife and me in the end zone of this big college football stadium. Is this a big enough stage?:

FallShots10-16A9_zpsa5cbb2cd.jpg

FallShots10-16A7_zps31a53c66.jpg

FallShots10-16A8_zps31a53c66.jpg

FallShots10-16A10_zps99529246.jpg

My DH loves spicy foods like shrimp and grits and gumbo, etc.

I can no longer handle spicy foods.

Great to know that your DH loves spicy food. I really like food that has some "kick" and fun. Too bad you can't experience and enjoy that "Spice of Life"!!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 187,269 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Busy weekend...took photos at the bridal shower that the family put on for our niece-to-be.

My daughter's contribution was her usual pastry magic

p66325830-5.jpg

Back yard transformed

p507191766-4.jpg

Adult beverages

p108762364-5.jpg

Fine food at the home-made pasta bar

p233190706-4.jpg

Artsy wide angle fun

p303226088-4.jpg

Of course, the bride-to-be!

p430674730-5.jpg

The rest are HERE if you're a fan of bridal showers...

Dave

Busy weekend...took photos at the bridal shower that the family put on for our niece-to-be. Dave

Appreciate BOTH the great pictures AND Dave's wonderful ability to "tell a story" with this series of different photos. Super job, as always!!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 187,445 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Appreciate these interesting balloon and Paris pictures. Brings back night memories.

For life in the Midwest of America, below are three of my visual samples.

Was busy with work/media things this past week. BUT, getting caught up now on a nice, sunny day in Ohio after our OSU Buckeyes whipped Michigan State last night on national TV. That game featured our version of college "football". Great fun here in the "colonies" with this version of kicking, running, passing, tackling, etc.

We are now at only 77 days until our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing on the Silversea Silver Cloud. Now, I need to finalize a new Passport, Brazil Visa, etc.!! Lots to do, plus three upcoming trips in the next two months to be in Charlottesville, Va. (home area of Presidents Jefferson, Madison and Monroe) where our son, his wife and two grandson live.

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 85,097 views for this fun posting.

Here are our English Labrador "pups", Roxie (age 11, Black Lab) and Rudy (age 8, Yellow Lab), enjoying the sun through the windows of my study and sleeping "back-to-back". They liked the oriental rug, etc. Classy!! Notice Roxie's grey trim on her face?:

Nov14ShotsA3_zpse561e445.jpg

Here are some of the fall colors at our home in a large planter next to the front door.:

Nov14ShotsA2_zps91cfb49a.jpg

It was the "girls weekend" at our house. I got kicked out for the night. My wife (on the left) and six other high school classmates were at our house last night and this morning. Here are five of them pictured in front of our Euro-style home with some nice fall colors showing. Earlier this year, her high school 50th class reunion was held and many of the girls had not seen each other in years. They super enjoyed this get-together and super "gab-fest". I stayed with friends to watch the OSU football game Saturday night.:

Nov14ShotsA1_zpse603aac6.jpg

My eight year old mutt has had a grey muzzle since she was just a couple of years old. My rottie (RIP) also had a gray muzzle young--from about four or five. Love old dogs. Love puppies too, as long as they belong to someone else and I don't have to train or clean up after them. . .:D

I don't often attend stage entertainment onboard cruises - unless it's a speaker, comedian, or band. But on my cruise a few weeks ago on the Eurodam, I happened to have nothing better to do and wandered in to one of the ship-staged shows. I also rarely photograph stage shows - so I thought it would be fun to do so for a change! I was using my Sony A6000 mirrorless and 55-210mm lens for these:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Super loved the ship entertainment, three cats, etc., pictures. Great sharing!!

Had wonderful, fun weekend down in Charlottesville, Va. (home area of great American Presidents Jefferson, Madison and Monroe, plus University of Virginia). Most importantly, it's where our son, his wife and our two grandsons are living. Here's one picture below to prove why exactly they are so cute and interesting to visit.

Plus, we came back late yesterday afternoon to be greeted by snow and cold in Columbus. It's 12F right now in Central Ohio. The snow on the trees in our ravine setting look so pretty and magical. Very, very early to be getting both snow and cold weather in mid November.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 86,490 views for this posting.

Here is my wife using the iPad to read to our two grandsons, ages four and two. Such a great ages where they are learning and evolving so much. Wonderful to be playing and enjoying time with them. They love construction equipment, trains, etc.:

Nov2014A3_zps3acc9833.jpg

Winter in mid November in Central Ohio? Yes, here the evidence. First the view from my study patio towards the ravine area with the trees covered in such an interesting, dramatic manner. Second is a female cardinal using one of our bird feeders. Lots of bird action with these cold, winter conditions!!:

Nov2014A2_zpsd0248c91.jpg

Nov2014A1_zps22b6422e.jpg