I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Here are two of my pictures of our grandsons from earlier this month in Virginia. They are at fun ages. We are also busy planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing with Silversea smaller ship over 26 days. Exciting to be doing that future research!! We will have enlargements of the grandsons brought along and then posted on the walls of our room on the ship. Makes things nice and homey!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 78,135 views for this fun posting.

From two weeks ago, here are two of the most recent candid pictures of our two grandsons in Virginia. First is the oldest, who will turn four in early October. Second is the youngest who just turned two in late July. So much fun capturing BOTH family and travel pictures. Great memories that stay fresh and alive!!:

GrandsonsSeptA1_zps83237e3a.jpg

GrandsonsSeptA2_zpsc541da83.jpg

Below are a couple of pictures taken yesterday of international visitors to our home and community. Love cruising as a way to learn more about the amazing world around us. BUT, unfortunately, we cannot be doing a regular cruise line in the Med to dock in land-locked Serbia with its well-known capital of Belgrade.

But, maybe a Danube River cruise as that famed river goes through their Serbia capital. Will have to use another line other than Celebrity. Maybe, Viking!!?? Other suggestions for sailing the Danube River and seeing eastern Europe?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 158,066 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

This week in Columbus, Ohio, we have visiting members of the Parliament of Serbia. Two of the National Assembly members, including the Vice Speaker, are staying at our home. Fun and interesting!!! Have not, yet, been to Serbia, but we visited in June 2011 both neighboring Croatia and Montenegro. Loved both countries and their super historic and scenic areas of Dubrovnik, Kotor, etc. From the top picture, I arranged for them to visit a local TV/political show that I often do. It is called "Columbus on the Record" at WOSU-TV, a part of the major state university here in Ohio. They watched from the high-tech control room to see how the program involving media and political experts was done. They are shown in this picture visiting the set with the News Director/show host of this program at the end of the taping. The second picture shows them at COSI or Center of Science and Industry where this TV studio is located.:

SerbParliamentA1_zpsfcebf977.jpg

SerbParliamentA2_zps2e96cec0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Orion at sunset.

Or, at least it looks that way. Modern digital is just wonderful. The light pollution around major metropolitan areas is not conducive to great shots of the night sky but it worked for me this time. The streetlights cast a sunset-like glow on the palm tree and structures while the glow from the surrounding city lit the high-altitude clouds making the starry sky look like late afternoon.

p796534661-5.jpg

It's a great time to be a photographer.

Dave

Edited by pierces

Orion at sunset.

Or, at least it looks that way. Modern digital is just wonderful. The light pollution around major metropolitan areas is not conducive to great shots of the night sky but it worked for me this time. The streetlights cast a sunset-like glow on the palm tree and structures while the glow from the surrounding city lit the high-altitude clouds making the starry sky look like late afternoon.

p796534661-5.jpg

It's a great time to be a photographer.

Dave

You are good.

The camera is busy this week...

Another take on the Breakfast Pizza. This time with an Avocado and Siracha garnish. Now I need to find a good Breakfast Beer to go with it...

Practicing food shots for a family recipe cook book we are preparing for Christmas. The Pizzas won't make it into the book since the first ingredient is a propane-fired backyard pizza oven and we aren't willing to supply one with each book. ;)

p861129215-4.jpg

Dave

Edited by pierces

Great job Dave. Much sharper than mine. I wish I had used my tripod :mad:

Thanks. I did actually take the time to dig out the tripod and use it for once.

My $/use ratio is still awfully high! :)

Dave

The camera is busy this week...

Another take on the Breakfast Pizza. This time with an Avocado and Siracha garnish. Now I need to find a good Breakfast Beer to go with it...

Practicing food shots for a family recipe cook book we are preparing for Christmas. The Pizzas won't make it into the book since the first ingredient is a propane-fired backyard pizza oven and we aren't willing to supply one with each book. ;)

p861129215-4.jpg

Dave

Yummy!!

Fantastic!!

We were completely covered in clouds and never saw the blood moon this morning. I am always up early and get hoping that the cloud cover would break up.

Same here, so bummed but rain, rain, rain all night and day...