I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I've been away from the boards for a little while and have enjoyed going through all the wonderful pictures from everyone.

I have a special place in my heart for the Blue Angels. I was so glad they made it back to the Naval Academy this year.

This is a great video! I've only seen them in the air and never taking off so I really enjoyed watching. Thanks for sharing

Susan

Pierces- your Blood moon pictures were fabulous. It was foggy where we were and by the time I got to a good spot to take photographs, I missed the good eclipse photos.

Yours is much more focused than mine, but I thought I'd still share. It's got quite a significant haze around it which made it difficult to focus. I'm definitely going to have to invest in a tripod!

IMG_84024_zpsba660e0e.jpg

The eclipse was in the western sky and to the east the sun was rising. The flash showed off the morning fog:

IMG_84123_zpsf5a804b8.jpg

Went out hiking with my 16 year old son last week so he could get some photos for his photography class. The trees are just starting to turn here - later than usual (Hilton Falls Conservation Area, Ontario Canada).

15341284477_cbdabb4449_b.jpg

He taught me how to this!

15341145310_0e1c9acb1e_b.jpg

15341282337_66ebdc46df_b.jpg

15524737351_216b91bcde_b.jpg

15527893015_5545f6d794_b.jpg

15341233798_e6cdc4d8f6_b.jpg

Went out hiking with my 16 year old son last week so he could get some photos for his photography class. The trees are just starting to turn here - later than usual (Hilton Falls Conservation Area, Ontario Canada).

15341284477_cbdabb4449_b.jpg

He taught me how to this!

15341145310_0e1c9acb1e_b.jpg

15341282337_66ebdc46df_b.jpg

15524737351_216b91bcde_b.jpg

15527893015_5545f6d794_b.jpg

15341233798_e6cdc4d8f6_b.jpg

Very nice. I love the long exposure water pictures.

Pierces- your Blood moon pictures were fabulous. It was foggy where we were and by the time I got to a good spot to take photographs, I missed the good eclipse photos.

Yours is much more focused than mine, but I thought I'd still share. It's got quite a significant haze around it which made it difficult to focus. I'm definitely going to have to invest in a tripod!

IMG_84024_zpsba660e0e.jpg

The eclipse was in the western sky and to the east the sun was rising. The flash showed off the morning fog:

IMG_84123_zpsf5a804b8.jpg

Good picture of the morning fog.

This is a great video! I've only seen them in the air and never taking off so I really enjoyed watching. Thanks for sharing

Susan

I have never seen them take off and land before. So this was a big thrill for me.

Never had a chance to shoot all 6 parked in a row either; just up in the sky!

Love the bird pictures.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Super love those sharp, interesting, enchanting bird pictures. Great other visuals of the moon, nature, waterfalls, etc. Appreciate ALL of these wonderful postings. Below are a few I took this week. Make folks hungry?? It's a great fall season in the midwest. And, near Halloween time, too!

Off this afternoon for tail-gating and attending the Ohio State University Homecoming football game versus Rutgers from New Jersey. Our OSU team is now 13th ranked nationally. Lots of great college football happening today. How many will be at this game in Columbus today? About 108,000 fans!! Is that big enough? Will try to take and share some pictures and fun visuals.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 81,894 views for this fun posting.

Here are three visuals from our home this week on a pretty, sunny fall day in Central Ohio/Midwest. First is the view when we open our front door with a few summer flowers still looking good and below is our driveway down to the twisting road in the ravine setting where we have lived for 26 years. Fortunately, we are in a wooded ravine area with a creek, but still being in the middle of the metropolitan city five miles from the main downtown and Ohio Statehouse, 2.5 miles to Ohio State University, lots of shopping, dining places, etc., etc., close and nearby. Second are a few of the fall Ohio pumpkins with fall colors in the background. Third is the view from my study main window towards the trees, roadway, etc., on a day with great sunshine. Like the colors of fall in the American midwest?:

FallShots10-16A2_zps1a4cce75.jpg

FallShots10-16A1_zps0a5c29f6.jpg

FallShots10-16A3_zps777afd7d.jpg

Here was going to dinner Thursday night! First, in the car, our good friends and travel partner, Janet and Dennis, picks us up and had a surprise guest in the back seat of their car. It was a life-size skeleton!! Looked totally real!! Kind of spooky!! Yes, don't worry, the skeleton had its seat belt fasted. Pictured second is our friend Janet's large salad with a nice portion of BBQ pork on top. Finally, here is my shrimp, fish and steak fries. Good? YES!! That's why we keep coming back to the Iron Grill BBQ and Brew on North High Street in Columbus, Ohio.:

FallShots10-16A4_zpse647b1a7.jpg

FallShots10-16A6_zpsabf788be.jpg

FallShots10-16A7_zpscf567859.jpg

Lots of very good pictures being posted on this board. Here are some of my results yesterday.

Like some real college football action, fun and excitement??!! Took my Nikon D7100 camera with a 18-140 mm zoom lens. Not a big, long lens from our seating in the 25th row on the 20-yard line at super-sized Ohio Stadium for this nationally-televised game with 106,795 fans there.

Got this Nikon late last year before our Australia-New Zealand-Hawaii trip. Love this camera and its quality. Took about 8,000 pictures on that trip. Now you can see some "proof" and evidence below for this camera (and the operator) performance as I prep for our upcoming Jan-Feb. 2015 Amazon-Caribbean adventure over 26 days.

It helps to be shooting "RAW" and be able to crop in and tighten to get to the heart of the football action on the field below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 82,096 views for this fun posting.

At a tail-gate that I usual attend, hosted by a long-time friend, there is the "usual suspects" in food and munchies, etc. Some Subway subs, cold beverages (Diet Coke for me). This is before the 13th-ranked Ohio State team was hosting Rutgers from New Jersey. The Rutgers University football program is considered to be one of the most historic programs in the USA. In 1869, Rutgers defeated Princeton University by a 6-4 score for what is considered to be the first ever intercollegiate football game. Lots of fans were dropping by this tail-gate before the Ohio State versus Rutgers game. This includes my snapshot with, on the left the current Ohio Attorney General (a former U.S. Senator) greeting a Democratic State Representative (and former editor of the main newspaper here in Central Ohio) with the current County Prosecutor, a Republican, on the right side. Bi-partisanship in the heart of the campaign season! Both parties being very friendly in uniting for the OSU Buckeyes!:

FallShots10-16A3_zps76ed5fbe.jpg

One of the exciting first half plays happened right in front of us when this Ohio State defensive back (in red jersey) leaped high to intercept this pass when Rutgers was marching and close to scoring. Great defensive action!!:

FallShots10-16A4_zpsfcd9e03c.jpg

It is half-time for the Ohio State-Rutgers game and then the famed OSU marching bacd performs on the field. Called TBDBIL for the Best Damn Band in the Land, they are led by their drum major, shown below. They finished their salute to rock classic music/field performance with a highly-traditional double "Script Ohio" on the field that moves to spell out O-H-I-O on the field. See the results below as the "I" is ready to be dotted!:

FallShots10-16A5_zps0a42ba7f.jpg

FallShots10-16A6_zpsac08c8bc.jpg

Here was another exciting play that my camera fortunately caught. In the end zone, receiver Evan Spencer caught this 11-yard pass with just one hand!! Amazing and spectacular TD catch!! This score gave OSU a 56-10 lead. Final score was 56-17.:

FallShots10-16A7_zps641aa61c.jpg

At the end of the game, the football players and coaches go to where the band is located in the south end zone for the singing of the school alma mater, Carmen Ohio. Nice finish to a great game and day! Then, it was heading home with friends to watch the exciting Notre Dame at Florida State thriller. FSU came from behind to hang on and win in the final seconds.:

FallShots10-16A81_zps761f2f4e.jpg

I did a challenge from a photography class over the summer to shoot a daily picture and post it on a shared forum, and it really made me "see" what I was looking at. I still try to shoot daily, but obviously some days offer better opportunities than others!

I'm struggling with how you all manage to embed images in your posts. I tried using a link to my Flickr photos, but it didn't seem to work, does Flickr not act nicely with this forum?

Maybe this time??

14959181973_04a6c332e2_c.jpgpumpkin truck by chellebelle2007, on Flickr

Edited by mbuenzli

Family visit to oak GLen, a local u-pick-'em apple venue.

"Quaint" would be the word.

p682282506-4.jpg

p922188566-5.jpg

Grandson's first pony ride

p1030111343-4.jpg

Yup...they are monstrous

p705715390-4.jpg

p852157315-4.jpg

Got any white chocolate and yellow M7Ms laying around?

p771167017-4.jpg

Have a happy Fall!

Dave

Dave.

Great photos, your family seemed to have a great time.

What is on that monster apple?!

Huge red delicious apple with a layer of caramel, rolled in almonds and drizzled with milk and white chocolate. Fed a family of four! :)

Dave

Edited by pierces