I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Great visuals by Dave and others. Sorry that I do not have a macro lens as skillfully used by Dave, but just got back late last night from historic and scenic Charlottesville, Va. Actually returned about 12:50 am today. On Sunday. it turned nice and sunny down there. Great fun with our two grandsons. Have a few floral samples of my "eye candy" captures to share here. Plus a few more grandson visuals to share later.

Was just using my Nikkor 18-140mm lens with Nikon D7100. But, happy with these results.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 176,737 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From our weekend visit in Charlottesville, Va., here are a few visual samples featuring the colorful floral "action". First is a dogwood tree looking good and showing off in a nice way. Next are a series of pictures highlighting some of the varied flower potentials from a garden store there. Fun and exciting to be thinking about getting that wonderful spring and summer flower excitement.:

Spring2015A13_zpshp23ppgu.jpg

Spring2015A10_zps6vnq5pfb.jpg

Spring2015A11_zpsxweo1t0f.jpg

Spring2015A12_zpsgpsvoy6o.jpg

Spring2015A9_zpsurbjuphk.jpg

Spring2015A8_zpsohcshcli.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
It was really beautiful but if you're going to go, you'll want to go around Tulip Festival. Otherwise, I don't think there's that much to see.

Thanks for the info, I've been to the Ottawa tulip festival and enjoyed it. A trip to Holland's tulip fields is on my bucket list.

There are a few places in Michigan that we want to see again and add to on a future road trip, plus DH has cousins outside Detroit.

Great visuals by Dave and others. Sorry that I do not have a macro lens as skillfully used by Dave, but just got back late last night from historic and scenic Charlottesville, Va. Actually returned about 12:50 am today. On Sunday. it turned nice and sunny down there. Great fun with our two grandsons. Have a few floral samples of my "eye candy" captures to share here. Plus a few more grandson visuals to share later.

Was just using my Nikkor 18-140mm lens with Nikon D7100. But, happy with these results.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 176,737 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From our weekend visit in Charlottesville, Va., here are a few visual samples featuring the colorful floral "action". First is a dogwood tree looking good and showing off in a nice way. Next are a series of pictures highlighting some of the varied flower potentials from a garden store there. Fun and exciting to be thinking about getting that wonderful spring and summer flower excitement.:

Spring2015A13_zpshp23ppgu.jpg

Spring2015A10_zps6vnq5pfb.jpg

Spring2015A11_zpsxweo1t0f.jpg

Spring2015A12_zpsgpsvoy6o.jpg

Spring2015A9_zpsurbjuphk.jpg

Spring2015A8_zpsohcshcli.jpg

Beautiful flowers.

Fantastic shot!

Details? Filtered? Natural light? 12mm or pan?

Thanks

5s - F/4(ish) - ISO400 - 12mm Rokinon

The image is cropped and the light is unfiltered. The buildings are lit by streetlights and other buildings and the cloudy sky by citylight fading to dark in the distance over Lake Michigan (about 1½ miles behind the near building).

Dave

Edited by pierces