Ship photo prices?

lilacbirman

'Only' $25 for a 8X10:eek: The photobook is usually a small album with pictures of the Princess ship.

The one Princess is advertising is the a scrapbook type. You can you can add your own photo's as well as the ones that Princess photographers have taken of you that you care to buy. You can also purchase stock photo's and the book looks like it's around 8x10 or larger and has 100 pages. But if I have to buy five photo's it'll be $125 which is pretty high.

I paid over $60 for 4 formal photos. That said, they were some of the better photos of us taken since our wedding so I was happy to do so.

In lieu of the big photobook they had a nice cloth covered one with the name of the ship embossed for $20 that holds 100 or so 5x7s, a much more usable size.

The one Princess is advertising is the a scrapbook type. You can you can add your own photo's as well as the ones that Princess photographers have taken of you that you care to buy. You can also purchase stock photo's and the book looks like it's around 8x10 or larger and has 100 pages. But if I have to buy five photo's it'll be $125 which is pretty high.

The free gift is really of little value if you weren't planning on buying that many photos in the first place. They are lovely but way over-priced in the era of digital photography.

Princess photos are expensive but you don't have to buy them. On our 25th anniversary, we had a lot of pictures taken and purchased some of them. They were great. Unless you or someone you are traveling with, takes a good picture, get a bunch taken on formal nights and other occassions and cherry pick the best. Years from now you will be grateful. :)

I paid over $60 for 4 formal photos. That said, they were some of the better photos of us taken since our wedding so I was happy to do so.

In lieu of the big photobook they had a nice cloth covered one with the name of the ship embossed for $20 that holds 100 or so 5x7s, a much more usable size.

We purchased the buy a picture and the cloth covered album special, made my own version of a scrapbook..... just enough photos to highlight each port and a few on the ship so your guests dont get bored looking through pictures... the ship gives you a coupon book in your room that gives you specials also. Dont remember exact costs from a year ago, but the 2 ship photos and album was under $50.00.

Princess Cruises has the honor of charging the highest photo prices in the cruise industry.

Oh no, no, no! If you think that, you haven't sailed Cunard! Every photo is $27.95! I believe on HAL they are $22.95, but they give you coupons and when you buy three, the fourth is free. Princess has this thing with the pictures on part of the page, then the keychain/wallet size along the edge. I discovered if you ask them to cut off the little ones, the picture is a lot less expensive! EM

Since Princess is offering a free photobook with the purchase of X amount of photo's, how much does a photo cost?

We are just off the Emerald and purchased this package. We got 2 8x10 photos and a scrapbook for $34. The usual price of a photo is 19.95. You have to find the right person to help you at the photo desk. One guy was only willing to let us buy the "package" photos which were 2 taken at dinner. A plain 8x10 and the same photo with the Caribbean border. We wanted 2 of the same photo with the Caribbean border. The first guy was not going to let us do that. We went back another time and the next fellow let us get 2 of any photo we wanted.

There was a time when all ship photos were not 8X10 and were reasonably priced.:mad:

Some good photos though , but so were the 5X7's that we use to buy.

The silly ones are the 5X7's surrounded by "generic stuff" thay makes them 8X10.:(

We are just off the Emerald and purchased this package. We got 2 8x10 photos and a scrapbook for $34. The usual price of a photo is 19.95.

It is possible this discussion is about two different types of photo albums.

One is the traditional kind that has been offered a long time on Princess, sometimes with special pricing when combined with a photo purchase.

The other is a new offering which is a printed book from a commercial company which can include photos you purchased onboard, photos you upload from home, pictures and text about the cruise supplied by the commercial company, and text you add when building the album over the internet. From a recent Princess mailing:

At Princess, we truly value your loyalty and believe it deserves exceptional rewards and recognition. That’s why we continue to look for opportunities to thank our Princess Captain’s Circle Members.

On your next cruise with Princess, be sure to visit the Photo-Video Gallery, where there are some great surprises awaiting Princess Captain's Circle Members.

Your vacation memories can be preserved forever in a personalized Princess Photo Journal. Starting this summer, for a limited time only, this custom photo book is FREE to Circle Members with a minimum purchase in the Photo-Video Gallery — just five photos for Gold Members, four photos for Platinum Members, and only three for Elite Members. This Princess Photo Journal is customized to your itinerary and includes your professional Princess photos*, ship features, maps, port information and much more. You can further personalize your cruise book by uploading your own digital snapshots, adding captions and editing layouts when you return home.

The Princess Photo-Video Gallery offers a host of options, from digital prints and wall portraits to our Reflections DVD — a one-of-a-kind keepsake capturing special moments from your specific cruise.

We strive to create new and imaginative ways to tell you how much we appreciate your loyalty, and sometimes…a picture is worth a thousand words.

Archived