Luggage tags

stoneharborlady

Seems like having a tag on your carry-on might be helpful if you set it down somewhere and forget it. It happens!

If you set it down somewhere and forget it, tag or no tag you probably will never see it again.

If you set it down somewhere and forget it, tag or no tag you probably will never see it again.

There really are some honest people in this world. I have turned in items several times in stores and a couple times on cruise ships. Of course no one turned in my nice Land's End rain jacket a couple years ago. Even if you don't have a "luggage tag" on your carry-on, I would hope you'll have some kind of ID on it. If you leave it in the airport, it's always possible someone will turn it in. At least you'd have a chance to get it back. Oh well, each to their own.

I still don't understand why some folks are flying with their tags attached.

We fly with ours attached for two reasons.

1) Princess advises to place the luggage tags on before leaving home

2) In the event we are separated there is a chance that the luggage will catch up with you on the ship. I have read of several that this has happened to.

Mike:)

We fly with ours attached for two reasons.

1) Princess advises to place the luggage tags on before leaving home

2) In the event we are separated there is a chance that the luggage will catch up with you on the ship. I have read of several that this has happened to.

Mike:)

Take a look at this:

http://www.magellans.com/store/Gifts_for_Travelers___Save_on_TwoLA316?Args=&refchan=Search

We bought these on recommendation a few years ago. I've spoken to two people whose bags went astray and they attribute the safe return to these tags. One bag was returned to Chile and the other to Korea.

...We always put an extra one inside our checked bags.

We do that too. We put a piece of paper inside the luggage with our names, ship and cabin number. That way if the tags come off and they open the bag to try and get info, it's sitting right there for them.

Take a look at this:

http://www.magellans.com/store/Gifts_for_Travelers___Save_on_TwoLA316?Args=&refchan=Search

We bought these on recommendation a few years ago. I've spoken to two people whose bags went astray and they attribute the safe return to these tags. One bag was returned to Chile and the other to Korea.

These look great-- are they in addition to the Princess tags or do you affix the princess tags to them? Just got the catalog--willl have to look for the tags..

we are booked on our first Princess cruise & guess we will llearn the how Princess does things as we go along.. Celebrity will now mail the tags but sems princess does not..luggage tags are a very important item-

-I bet lots more luggage gets misdirected or lost with do it yourself tags!!

These look great-- are they in addition to the Princess tags or do you affix the princess tags to them? Just got the catalog--willl have to look for the tags..

we are booked on our first Princess cruise & guess we will llearn the how Princess does things as we go along.. Celebrity will now mail the tags but sems princess does not..luggage tags are a very important item-

-I bet lots more luggage gets misdirected or lost with do it yourself tags!!

I place an entire itinerary inside the tag; day by day. These tags work wonderfully when you're on a land tour too. They are of course in addition to whatever else you need for your cruise and/or tour group.

...I bet lots more luggage gets misdirected or lost with do it yourself tags!!

You need to remember that these tags are issued by Princess. They are actually better than the ones they used to mail to you. All your information is already printed on the tag including your name and cabin number (I think). You had to manually fill out the old ones.

I bet they speed up the process. They are bigger and it's easier for the baggage handlers to see where they need to go.

I bet they speed up the process. They are bigger and it's easier for the baggage handlers to see where they need to go.

And they also don't have decipher the scribbling and illegible writing of some people.

Archived